Why Hate America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two or three cents, I think living in America is like living in a global sized fishbowl with Americans seeing the world from the inside and pretty much the rest of the world seeing us (with varying opinions) from the outside looking in. While many Americans do travel abroad for various reasons and lengths of stay, I believe few are gone long enough to be "de-americanized". Indeed. American culture and influence, from what I understand, is exported to all four corners of the globe and has had major repercussions both good and bad in just about every nation on earth. Not since the British empire has a single country had so much influence on other nations' cultures. It would only be natural for some people to have opinions of distrust, jealousy or outright hatred.
I believe that as America's influence has gained so has it's desire to dilute and compromise it's own principles in order to maintain that same influence. We are no longer the world's melting pot. The world is now America's melting pot and we have become nations and interests within a nation, held together less and less by a common history, language and culture and more by one thing GREED. It has become like a marriage of convenience. The question isn't whether it will last ,but to calculate just how much longer will it go on. Players in the final power grab are positioning themselves for the spoils of the left-over carcass of what was once the world's greatest democracy.
Are we mystery Babylon? Will the world mourn our loss or dance on our ashes?

I love that. one with the spirit of the anti-christ. this claim, has been made on every president, probably since before nixon. This is part of why no one can agree, were to busy throwing the label anti-christ around. My thought is, no one knows how the anti-christ is because he has not shown himself yet. Obamas not the anti-christ. neither is Romney. There are certain things that have to come to pass, before the anti-christ shows himself, and I don't believe they have yet. So stop throwing the title around.

As far as why everyone hates us? because, at least in the past, were better then most everyone else. I dont mean that the people are better, I mean we offer freedom, we offer jobs, we offer a safe economy. People dont like that, jealousy does a number on everyone, and they all want to take that away, just because they cant have it. It was, at least until recently, considered a "christian" nation, so anyone who is against the christian religion, will also hate us. Weve also been allies of Israel, so naturally, anyone who hates israel, will hate us.

Patriot, there is a difference between the Antichrist(a person) and the spirit of the antichrist. In 1stJohn4:3 John spoke of the spirit of the antichrist being present in the world even then. It has been in the world ever since and will be until Christ returns. Both Obama AND Romney have the spirit of the antichrist within them. One admitted to a reporter he was Muslim and the other is an admitted Morman. Neither is christian nor has asked Christ into their hearts and neither has the Holy Spirit. So what spirit do they have?

I'm closing this thread, partly because it wants to keep wandering over into politics - which may be unavoidable given the topic, and because I don't see any point in focusing on hatred toward America. Our purpose on this site is to encourage, edify, and build one another up. If the goal is to foster better understanding and peace between people of different nations, let's find a positive route to reach that goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back