Why the Christian needs to evangelize ?

Why the Christian needs to evangelize?

evangelize.jpg

A Prophecy whilst writing this teaching: “Share the gospel with the people you meet”

Why should I evangelize ?

· People are going to hell and the lake of fire unless you save them:

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. (John 3:36)

Anyone whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Rev 20:15)

· You are given the commission to share the gospel:

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you…” (Matthew 28:18-20)

Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter.
If you say, “But we knew nothing about this,” does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay everyone according to what they have done?

(Proverbs 24:11,12)

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? (Romans 10:14)

· You will be held accountable for the souls you didn’t save.

When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die, ’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself. (Ezekiel 3:18-19)

· It is mercy to evangelize.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Matthew 5:7

· You should have a zeal to save them.

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

(Matthew 11:12)

Woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! (1 Cor 9:16)

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise. (Proverbs 11:30)

How urgent is it to evangelize?

If a person was drowning because they couldn’t swim, and you were on a boat and had a lifesaver to throw at them, what would you do? Would you throw a lifesaver to them to save them or would you let them drown?

Ask yourself how much more urgent is saving people from the eternal lake of fire?

Isn’t Evangelism just for those with the calling?

The word of God tells us that there are those called to be evangelists (Ephesians 4:11) as they have a

a specialized calling with a certain gift , understanding and anointing to evangelize regularly to many people.

However this does not nullify the fact that all Christians are called and required to evangelize and to be as effective as they can be with the measure they have been given (see Romans 12:6).

It’s like the difference between people praying and the gift of intercession, all people are required to pray, yet intercessors have a unique gifting.

Should I wait for my pastor to Evangelize?

Under no circumstances ever let your pastor teach you to ‘wait for the church’.

Understand that people are dying and going to hell everyday therefore it doesn’t make sense to wait for the church. The Lord’s command takes priority over your pastor’s command.

I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any human source, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. (Galatains 1:11,12)

Just as Paul received instruction from God, so the saints have received instructions from God to warn the lost, and to save them. Christians do not need the pastors permission to obey Jesus Christ or the Word of God ! Obedience to the Pastors (instead of to God) for the sake of ‘the word of God’ is heresy, and a violation of the commandments of Jesus Christ found in the Gospels.

Why do you call Me, Lord, Lord, and do not do [practice] what I tell you? (Luke 6:46)

Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations. (Matthew 28:18)

This is the Lords commission to the saints, not the pastors. If you fail to evangelize it’s like failing to show mercy, or failing to forgive – would you ask your pastor for permission to show mercy ?

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. (Philippians 2:12)

This is a prophecy A Christian received Sept 11 1994:

My Yoke: Dependence Upon Me

Whatever steals your dependence upon ME is evil.

Anything that is raised up and places itself in MY place is evil.

Anything that places itself in MY place is evil.

Anything that steals your dependence on ME is EVIL.

Anything that places itself as a necessary covering or steals your dependence upon Me is a deception from the Evil One.

My Yoke is easy, for My Yoke is only this: Dependence Upon ME. Dependence upon Me is the only yoke you need.

All other yokes are bondage from the enemy.

Turn and repent from these yokes that you have picked up.

Turn and repent from the Evil. Am I the Lord of your life? AM I?

Not unless you have shed those yokes of bondage that you have been carrying.

I am revealing these Yokes of Bondage... for apart from Me all is evil.

Take up My Yoke for it is easy. Have Faith that I am all that you need.

There shall be an accounting for those pastors who refuse to let the sheep share the gospel. People are going to hell. If you evangelize, then you are obeying the calling of God for your life.

‘I am saved by grace, Evangelism is works’

Christians are saved, made born-again through the cross, by grace they are saved – so that they can do the works of God.

Once they are saved, they keep their right-standing with God by being obedient (holiness). Obedience to God is keeping the Lords commands – which is walking in the fruit of the Holy Spirit, forgiveness, showing mercy to others, etc. These are the works of God. (see 1 John 1:6,7, Mat 7:21-23)

The work of God is priority over everything else in your life, and should never be confused with the works of the flesh, which are useless for the Kingdom. The Lord does require His people to obey, and to work for the Kingdom, just like the early Christians.

Evangelism is not about works, it’s about your commitment to God to honor the Word of God, and to show mercy to others – it’s about a holy and righteous duty. Every Christian should say as Paul said: “Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!” (1 Cor 9:16)

When should I evangelize?

As a Christian, evangelism should be a regular and normal part of your routine. If you are not always seeking to save people from the lake of fire – then this shows there is something wrong with your understanding of God’s plans and what He requires from you.

God has given you a commission to show the love of God to the world by effectively sharing the Gospel with them – failure to do so, whether through intercession or witnessing means you are deficient in the wisdom of the Lord, and are walking in disobedience to the commands of the Lord.

‘Why should I care - so people don’t get saved, so what?’

Many Christians are actually blinded to the reality of hell.

Please understand that the eternal judgment of fire comprises of two places: Hades, The Lake of Fire

· When a person who isn’t saved leaves this life – they go to Hades, where they are tortured indescribably (see Luke 16:19-26), whilst they are waiting for the final judgment.

“The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ (Luke 16:22-26)

Jewish tradition / prophecy shows that Hades / Abrahams Bosom were the same place, separated by a chasm, in the center of the earth. The Jews referred to Paradise as Abrahams Bosom, the place of the righteous. After the resurrection of Christ, Abrahams Bosom was removed from the Earth to Heaven, this was because everyone from the Old Covenant still had to be saved through Christ before going to Heaven. This is why Abraham could speak to and see those in Hades / Hell, and it is also why Jesus said to the thief on the Cross ‘Today you shall be with Me in Paradise’.

· After a long time in Hades, they are then brought before the throne of God where they have to give account for their lives.

· After this they are thrown in a real lake of fire and brimstone, where they shall be for all eternity !

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:13-15)

Those who don’t care about the people going to hell and the lake of fire are in disobedience, and are not of the kingdom.

Whilst writing this the Lord gave me this prophecy: “Pray that my people are brought to maturity through this teaching.”

God requires maturity from His people, which is only accomplished through reading, and then enquiring to God about – the Word of Truth.

The Lord showed me that His people haven’t learned to enquire of God – as they should - about the Word of God, so as to receive true light and revelation from the Holy Spirit, so causing them to have a Christlike zeal for the kingdom of God.

The Lord also gave me two more prophecies for the saints whilst writing this teachings:

Prophecy 2:Whilst praying about the problems with leadership control and the plan of God for His people to be brought to maturity, the Lord showed me this to summarize the whole problem with today’s mainstream church:

“There is no repentance”

They obey God only within the limitations of their boundaries.

They have a heart to obey God, but do not follow the instructions of the Lord. The requirements of repentance are to obey

and to seek to obey the commandments of the Lord.

Prophecy 3: The Kingdom of God is caring

Do you care about the plans of God being accomplished in your life.

Do you care about these plans being brought to fruition.

Do you care about the plan of God for your life to bring you to maturity.

For if you do not care about these things, neither shall you see the salvation God has promised to His people.

For God has brought you out of the world into the glorious kingdom of Christ.

So shall it be that whoever denies Me before others, I shall also deny before My Father who is the Lord Eternal and full of glory.

Who are you to oppose My commandments, for what I taught others I shall teach you.

I’ll evangelize some other time

Oftentimes the things you prioritize in this life are made null the day you die and are of no eternal value. This means that the things of eternal value should take priority over everything else.

I am unable to evangelize

Then pray for the Lord to save people!

Also, ask yourself “Why am I so busy that I cannot evangelize?” or, try to work out if there is a way that you can evangelize, ask the Lord for wisdom in rearranging your schedule.

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” (Matthew 9:36-38)

Those who keep making unrighteous excuses for not doing what the Lord commanded shall have what is given taken away.

“Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’

But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.” (Matthew 25:24-27)

What message do I share with the people?

The Gospel.

The Gospel is the message of Christ who died on the Cross and rose again on the third day, paying the price for the sins of mankind, so they could be redeemed from Hell, and have eternity in Heaven.

God did not need to send His Son into the world to save them, yet God loved the world so greatly that He sent Jesus to die for them. God cannot make anyone obey Him, He gives people free will to seek for the meaning of life. People are without excuse, because all of Creation testifies that there is a Creator God who made all things.

Share Scriptures such as:

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” - John 3:3

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? 37 Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? - Mark 8:36

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. – John 10:10

There is none righteous, no, not one; there is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God. – Romans 3:10,11

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. – John 6:37

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16

I am too busy to evangelize

Then change your schedule. People need the Gospel. No Christian should ever be ‘too busy’ to obey the commandments of the Lord. God requires of His people to take up their Cross, deny themselves and to obey !

Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.” – Luke 9:23

I’m waiting for the Lord to tell me to evangelize

The Word of God has instructed you to evangelize – if you can’t understand from all the teachings and all the Scriptures in the Gospels, Epistles, and the whole New Testament, as well as the Old, then there is something wrong in your ability to understand what it is the Holy Spirit requires of His people.

I already evangelize to people I work with

You probably work around 15 people maximum. It doesn’t make sense that you evangelize to the same 15 people everyday for the number of years you are at your job. There are another 7 billion people on the planet that need the gospel and they are waiting for YOU!

I don’t have the boldness to share the gospel

Then print off some tracts and share or leave them in people’s mailboxes, or just share with people. Does this take much boldness ? There are many ways to reach people. Ask God to show you what you can do.

I share the gospel with people, do I need to do more?

You must always seek God for how to be increasingly effective in saving people.

Please copy and share freely !
Download more teachings from Evangelistic Kit here:

Back