Why the Church must send out missionaries?

Daniels

Inactive

1.The Command from above.
Mark 16:15.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the
gospel to every creature.

2. The Cry from beneath.
Luke 16:27.
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send
him to my father’s house:

3. The Call from without.
Acts 16:9.
And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of
Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia,
and help us.

4.The Constraint from within.
II Cor 5:14.
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that
if one died for all, then were all dead:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." John 12:24

"You say, don't you, 'In four more months the harvest will begin?' Look, I tell you, open your eyes and observe that the fields are ready for harvesting now! The one who harvests is already receiving his wages and gathering a crop for eternal life, so that the one who sows and the one who harvests may rejoice together. In this respect the saying is true: 'One person sows, and another person harvests.' I have sent you to harvest what you have not worked for. Others have worked, and you have adopted their work as your own." John 4:35-38

"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.' Matthew 24:14

I had a similar discussion with a pastor not long ago. This really stuck with me.

John Piper - "...The reason man was created in the beginning and the reason the church is being recreated in the end is for the worship of God. Missions therefore is neither God's primary end nor the primary end of the church. It is a means to the primary end of worship. Missions exists because worship doesn't. There will be no missions in the age to come. Worship will be our life. Missions is not our ultimate goal. It is a means to our goal."

A Pastor's Role in World Missions :: Desiring God Christian Resource Library

Back