Why were they "chosen"?

WHY THEY WERE CHOSEN

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:8 KJV) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh King of Egypt.

(Deu 7:9 KJV) Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

(Deu 7:11 KJV) Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

God chose them to show us the way. By example, by following His Commandments and expressing the love for the stranger as we all should love our neighbors. It is spelled out in scripture, all you have to do is read it and do it and then it will be done.

Thou shalt not kill (LXX; οὐ φονεύσεις), You shall not murder (Hebrew לֹאתִּרְצָח lo tirṣaḥ) or You shall not kill (KJV), is a moral imperative included as one of the Ten Commandments in the Torah,[1] specifically Exodus 20:13 and Deuteronomy 5:17.

They were chosen
to show us the way, to show us
how to treat the stranger,
how to be compassionate
and loving to your neighbor
and by doing so
peace would envelope the world
by their example​

Do you believe Israel is following His example?

The evidence is in the pudding & I found this on the internet & it changed my view of things

What about you?

“Love the Stranger as thyself”

http://www.universalknowledge.net/

Jesus, the King of Israel, shows us the way.
However I dont know if the nation of Israel at present truly recognises their King, their Messiah. If their spriitual eyes are open and they see Him, they would follow Him. Israel in the flesh, seems not to, and we know we cant follow Him in the flesh for flesh and blood do not inherit the kingdom. We need to follow Him in spirit and in truth. And that applies to gentiles as well as jews. For Jesus has opened his Kingdom for all mankind.

Jesus, the King of Israel, shows us the way.
However I dont know if the nation of Israel at present truly recognises their King, their Messiah. If their spriitual eyes are open and they see Him, they would follow Him. Israel in the flesh, seems not to, and we know we cant follow Him in the flesh for flesh and blood do not inherit the kingdom. We need to follow Him in spirit and in truth. And that applies to gentiles as well as jews. For Jesus has opened his Kingdom for all mankind.
I agree but you and I may see this from different points of view. What is it that you see that suggests they are not?

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
These two verses are speaking in the future tense. If they do such and such they will get His grace.
Does anyone believe that they have fulfilled their part of the bargin?

just asking