Why?????

LampToMyFeet

Inactive
Why?????

Why am I so shy??? Why do I have to be so scared of getting hurt. The only friend that ever hurt me was a long time ago. Since then I have been terrified of having close friends. Why??? I don't want to be shy. I just wanna be normal!

There is nothing wrong with being shy.
Just be yourself, be proud of who you are and stand up for what you believe in.
I think you are very sweet.
:)

I'm very shy too. It's extremely hard for me to talk to new people and to open up. Just take it slow - that's the best advice I can come up with. Find people with common interests and just chit chat with them. The rest will come with time. :)

And I agree with Violet - shyness is not a bad thing!

hey,

I used to be shy too, but now I am over it, I think...
I just don't care anymore about it. Bothering of being shy, is making it a lot worse. I used to bother about it, but now I'm happy, cause I do not bother!

I hope you can find your way in it.

Gods blessings

Why am I so shy??? Why do I have to be so scared of getting hurt. The only friend that ever hurt me was a long time ago. Since then I have been terrified of having close friends. Why??? I don't want to be shy. I just wanna be normal!

LampToMyFeet said:
it just hurts when I get teased for not having friends for being the "loner"
I can relate.

When I was in school many years ago, I was a loner. I found it hard to make friends. Just too shy to walk up to someone and say hi. Afraid of them saying no, go away. I was terrified. Frightened into doing nothing. Afraid of being rejected.

I spent a lot of time reading, and thinking, and writing. I became comfortable with myself. God was there, quietly speaking to me and I eventually realized I didn't need the approval of others.

I came to realize He loves me more than I can ever imagine and there is NOTHING I can do that would cause Him to love me even one iota less. I could open up to Him, tell Him my feelings and He wouldn't reject me.

The pain of rejection from others was still there, but it slowly diminished. I did find friends and they were true ones.

Like violet said, there is nothing wrong with being shy. Just be yourself, be proud of who you are and stand up for what you believe in.

Well then break out of it...bust through your comfort zone and just chill out. My sister use to be so shy but after being around me long enough she isnt as bad as she use to be because I would pull her out of her shell of comefort.:dance:

I am not always sure what normal is. I suspect that you just want to be different then you are. Most people feel this way about themselves. If I may let me make a suggestion. Unless your current condition is unlivable may I suggest that you simply praise the Lord for how you are. He made you! My guess is that you have been spared a many of hurts and even sins because of how you are.
I am not suggesting that opening up is bad, but be sure it is what you really want and is best for you. I assume that you have prayed many times about this. Just remember God is faithful and He will direct your paths. One thing you might try is a class on public speaking. Not necessarily to speak in public venues, but to give yourself confidence. May the Lord bless you and keep you, God bless.

You can also try to be less shy, by trying to make new friends.
Try to contact one, and maybe, he/she can stand by your side in groups, and maybe that will get you less shy.

Back