Will God forgive my past sins?

Hello and welcome to the forum siddhikoli

Yes, when we are holding a grudge about what someone did to us, we are only hurting ourselves. When we hold a grudge, who’s in pain?

Certainly not the other person. The bible is clear on resolving our anger in healthy ways. We are not to let the sun go down on our anger, but to express it or reprove it in fruitful ways .

There’s nothing worse than self stewing.

There are two wrong reactions to ones own sin.

The first is to think it is too small or doesn't matter. All sin separates the person from the Lord.

The second is to think it is too great and God will never forgive. God is greater than our sin. This includes all sins, past, present, and future. Providing only that we receive the salvation ( by trusting personal belief ).

Jesus took all the sins of everyone throughout history so that who ever will accept His free gift of salvation is already forgiven the moment they truly give their heart to GOD.
All of our sins were forgiven 2,000 years ago. Sin no longer is a barrier between God and us because of the spiritual price Jesus paid. Now you and I can be united with God by believing in Jesus' sacrifice on our behalf.

All of our sins were forgiven 2,000 years ago. Sin no longer is a barrier between God and us because of the spiritual price Jesus paid. Now you and I can be united with God by believing in Jesus' sacrifice on our behalf.
Hi M😊

I really don’t understand the idea that my sins where forgiven 2000 years ago. How can that be?

If I sinned yesterday, how can they have been forgiven before that date when I haven’t yet committed them?

If this is true( and I am not denying it, just trying to understand it) then in reality, all I am doing is believing I am healed to watch it unfold!!

Is that correct?

Hi M😊

I really don’t understand the idea that my sins where forgiven 2000 years ago. How can that be?

If I sinned yesterday, how can they have been forgiven before that date when I haven’t yet committed them?

If this is true( and I am not denying it, just trying to understand it) then in reality, all I am doing is believing I am healed to watch it unfold!!

Is that correct?
Without accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior you carry the weight of your sins. When Jesus died on the cross the Father placed all of mankind's sin on him. When you accept the gift of salvation then the righteousness of Christ's blood covers you.

Hi M😊
If I sinned yesterday, how can they have been forgiven before that date when I haven’t yet committed them? If this is true( and I am not denying it, just trying to understand it) then in reality, all I am doing is believing I am healed to watch it unfold!! Is that correct?

Hello brothers and sisters;

All of our sins were forgiven 2,000 years ago meaning, Jesus went to the cross and died for our sins, therefore we are forgiven.

When God created us He knew the sin we would commit but He gave us free will, not by force - To believe in Him and Repent in the name of Jesus.

By believing we are healed to watch it unfold, is the better choice rather than not to believe, not to be healed nor watching it unfold.

Praise God for His forgiveness of our past sin.

Hi M😊

Is that correct?

Bob nailed it in post #8.

The sacrifice Jesus made on the cross 2000 years ago satisfied Gods demand that all sin be paid for. His blood did that for all humanity once and for all forever!

How can your sin be forgiven before you sin......Because God knew you before the foundation of the world was laid down!
That is "OMNESCIENSE"!!!!!

From the very beginning God established the Everlasting Covenant and the blood of Jesus Christ is called the blood of the everlasting covenant (Hebrews 13:20). Jesus is called the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:8), not because He died then, but because His blood stretched back that far to cover the first sins committed by Adam and Eve.

Jesus is in the Old Testament too and He was always our Messiah from the beginning at creation. Paul tells us that “no flesh” has ever been justified (forgiven) by the deeds of the law and that included the Old Testament believers. The blood of bulls and goats could never take away sins, only faith in the blood of the Messiah, Yeshua, Jesus Christ could and can completely erase anyone’s sins.

I would like to add a little more context to this discussion by looking at king David. More specifically the David and Bathsheba story from 2 Samuel 11 - 2 Samuel 12:15. In this story, as I'm sure all of you know, David takes Bathsheba into his home, sleeps with her and she became pregnant. Then, he tries to trick Uriah into sleeping with Bathsheba to cover up his sin and ultimately murders Uriah via the hands of the Ammonites. These are grave sins, but in 2 Samuel 12:13, "David said to Nathan, 'I have sinned against the Lord.' And Nathan said to David, 'The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die.'" Since we are talking about sin in this thread then I also want to point out that God is eternal. He is the same God today as He was when He created Adam and Eve and will be the same God until the end of time. His attributes have not, and will not change. Therefore, God saying that He put David's sin away means that God chose not to remember those grave sins, but instead offered mercy. Though David was punished for his sins when God struct down the child conceived in adultery, he was spared. That's because David lived under the law. We, in this current day, live under grace and not the law. The sins that we commit are forgiven through the blood of Christ as mentioned in some of the other comments, but that same blood of Christ that cleanses us also cleansed David.

I would like to add a little more context to this discussion by looking at king David. More specifically the David and Bathsheba story from 2 Samuel 11 - 2 Samuel 12:15. In this story, as I'm sure all of you know, David takes Bathsheba into his home, sleeps with her and she became pregnant. Then, he tries to trick Uriah into sleeping with Bathsheba to cover up his sin and ultimately murders Uriah via the hands of the Ammonites. These are grave sins, but in 2 Samuel 12:13, "David said to Nathan, 'I have sinned against the Lord.' And Nathan said to David, 'The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die.'" Since we are talking about sin in this thread then I also want to point out that God is eternal. He is the same God today as He was when He created Adam and Eve and will be the same God until the end of time. His attributes have not, and will not change. Therefore, God saying that He put David's sin away means that God chose not to remember those grave sins, but instead offered mercy. Though David was punished for his sins when God struct down the child conceived in adultery, he was spared. That's because David lived under the law. We, in this current day, live under grace and not the law. The sins that we commit are forgiven through the blood of Christ as mentioned in some of the other comments, but that same blood of Christ that cleanses us also cleansed David.

I agree.

There is not too many laws that David did not break, however God said in Acts 13:22........
"After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.‘”

The child lived for a couple of days and then died.

David wasn't spared the grief. However he eventually moved on and they had another son, (Solomon) but David actually had a lot of problems with his others sons with his other wives. I don't know why he needed lots of wives. It's not that God forgot, after all it's actually written in the Bible all that happened so even we know about it. However David continued to be King and live after that until he died, so his kingdom wasn't taken away from him in that sense.

If David had been judged under the law at the time, he and Bathsheba would have been stoned to death

The child lived for a couple of days and then died.

David wasn't spared the grief. However he eventually moved on and they had another son, (Solomon) but David actually had a lot of problems with his others sons with his other wives. I don't know why he needed lots of wives. It's not that God forgot, after all it's actually written in the Bible all that happened so even we know about it. However David continued to be King and live after that until he died, so his kingdom wasn't taken away from him in that sense.

If David had been judged under the law at the time, he and Bathsheba would have been stoned to death

I always enjoy teaching the Word of God . Here we see that there is some confusion about David being judged.

The first sin that occurred was David coveted Bathsheba.
The tenth commandment states, “You shall not covet … anything that is your neighbor’s” (Exodus 20:17).

David then acted upon that and found out she was married and chose to commit adultery with her when the seventh commandment says clearly, “You shall not commit adultery” (Exodus 20:14).

David murdered her husband when the sixth commandment clearly states, “You shall not murder” (Exodus 20:13).

After David’s sin with Bathsheba, God did not have David to cut the marital relationship with her since her husband was dead and she was released from that marital law. “For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man” (Romans 7:2-3).

The Punishment was........

First: Nathan said the sword would never depart from David’s house (2 Samuel 12:10).
This was fulfilled in the successive violent deaths of at least three of his sons—Amnon (2 Samuel 13:29), Absalom (2 Samuel 18:14), and Adonijah (1 Kings 2:25).

Nathan also prophesied to David that his own wives would be humiliated before all Israel (2 Samuel 12:11).
This was fulfilled when Absalom “lay with his father’s concubines in the sight of all Israel” (2 Samuel 16:22).

Nathan pronounced the fatal end of the son conceived by David’s sin with Bathsheba (2 Samuel 12:14).
This was fulfilled seven days after Nathan’s judgment sentence (2 Samuel 12:18). To David, the death of his son was a far greater punishment than his own death.

Back