Will I have to deal with anxiety all my life?

Fishcatcher Jim is correct, I agree.

Ask your pastor or an elder at church to pray with you against the spirit of fear and for God to give you a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. All you need to do is say is amen.

I can promise you Jesus can banish fear from your life. All his promises are yes and amen.

It is not your brain chemistry, its satan messing with your brain chemistry.
I actually tried that and it came back. I didn't know it could come back stronger.

What do you mean prayer and fasting never delivered anyone? Does. That mean it won't work?

If the person praying and fasting is seeking the Lord for deliverance... the Lord can lead them to what will deliver them. Prayer and fasting is more for getting rid of the doubt and unbelief that's keeping the person from exercising their belief and trust in God to back up what we say and desire. For God his already given us right and authority to cast out demons. He also has given us the power to resist symptoms of sickness and disease... by meditating on His Word and trusting that the same spirit that was in our Lord is in us... so that its Father who does the works we just put a voice to what's already been bound.

I actually tried that and it came back. I didn't know it could come back stronger.

Do you remember the story in the Bible (Matthew 12:43-45) of the person who was delivered from an unclean spirit and then because the person doesn't meditate upon the Word, or fill that place with something else... the spirit comes back and brings a couple buddies with him.

So after a person is delivered from a spirit of fear (or any unclean spirit), if they will meditate/renew their minds upon the Word of God, of how much their loved and their authority in christ.. they can and will fill the place where the spirit was, so that when the spirit tries to come back... they will know they don't have to allow it back in and they can stay free from it because they resist or deny it's right to operate in their life. Meaning that person is so built up in the Word and walking in the ways of the Word, that they refuse to allow their bodies to react off the symptoms and lies of the devil anymore. When they "feel" afraid.... they know that fear is not of God so they say, no I refuse to fear... I choose to believe that God loves me and is going to take good care of me and protect me.

Yeah I've dealt with anxiety forever. I think it's a generational thing... bc my aunt has it too.. but my parents aren't abusive or anything... I s just my brain chemistry.

Actually it's a spirit that has convinced you that its stronger than you and the spirit of the Lord that's in you, and that you have to allow it to stay and submit to it.

The generational thing is a lie from the devil to get you to accept it and give it right to remain in your body and emotions.

The other lie is that it's your brain chemistry or just the way your made. Its true that the spirit of fear can cause a lot of things in your body and brain to go wrong or change or give you problems. Its a spiritual issue first, which can cause physical reactions.
And once the spiritual side is removed... a person can believe for God to restore the physical body.

Autumn, I too, believe anxiety is fear. Fear is a liar. He speaks for the enemy of the world who wants to destroy you and keep you locked in chains and a slave to his emotion of fear. During my divorce I dealt with some anxiety. I understand how you feel and I hear what you are saying. It's a very real emotion.
However, we have to understand that we should never let emotions rule us or our thinking. This is just another way the enemy tries to hold us back and keep us from the true blessings of God and our full potential in Christ. God has so much for you, but if the enemy of the world can side track you and change your focus, it's a good day for the enemy.

The enemy wants you to walk in fear. He wants you to walk in confusion. When these spirits of the enemy speak to you, speak back to them out loud and tell them to leave you alone and go away that you will not entertain them anymore. Turn fully to the Holy Trinity of God and allow them to wrap themselves around you. Every single time I allow fear a foot in the door, it messes me up all day emotionally. I cannot think, I think everyone is mad at me or out to get me. I become anxious and scared. I have a christian coworker who is married to a preacher. Every time this happened to me I would go to her and she would help me and talk me out of my funk. She did this every single time without ever judging me until I gained the strength to do it for myself. Now I tell Fear he is a liar and I go on with my day and I trust in the one true God to knows me and loves me.

Listen to Godly counsel and talk to God openly and honestly. God loves you so much. Talk to him just like you talk to everyone here. God is for you and wants your full attention. Good days are coming your way... I know it.......

Autumn, I too, believe anxiety is fear. Fear is a liar. He speaks for the enemy of the world who wants to destroy you and keep you locked in chains and a slave to his emotion of fear. During my divorce I dealt with some anxiety. I understand how you feel and I hear what you are saying. It's a very real emotion.
However, we have to understand that we should never let emotions rule us or our thinking. This is just another way the enemy tries to hold us back and keep us from the true blessings of God and our full potential in Christ. God has so much for you, but if the enemy of the world can side track you and change your focus, it's a good day for the enemy.

The enemy wants you to walk in fear. He wants you to walk in confusion. When these spirits of the enemy speak to you, speak back to them out loud and tell them to leave you alone and go away that you will not entertain them anymore. Turn fully to the Holy Trinity of God and allow them to wrap themselves around you. Every single time I allow fear a foot in the door, it messes me up all day emotionally. I cannot think, I think everyone is mad at me or out to get me. I become anxious and scared. I have a christian coworker who is married to a preacher. Every time this happened to me I would go to her and she would help me and talk me out of my funk. She did this every single time without ever judging me until I gained the strength to do it for myself. Now I tell Fear he is a liar and I go on with my day and I trust in the one true God to knows me and loves me.

Listen to Godly counsel and talk to God openly and honestly. God loves you so much. Talk to him just like you talk to everyone here. God is for you and wants your full attention. Good days are coming your way... I know it.......

One thing I wish to add.
If the Word is not in you in abundance then the word will not be the first response or what comes out of you.

If you are not built up in the Word then you won't be able to stand even against ongoing fear and anxiety.
Our enemy will keep pushing back and if you have not the Faith that comes from having the Word in you in abundance then you can't stand and will continue to be overcome.

People need to honestly judge their daily lives. One might say I read an hour a day and that alone is not a bad thing but if the rest of the day you are filling yourself with junk and TV and trying to fit in then your hour a day is worthless.

10 percent God and 90 percent life will get you at the most 10 percent of God in one's life.

People need to look at their lives in the whole and not a single prayer or two and get angry because they don't see the answers they want.

You get back what you put into it.
Blessings

One thing I wish to add.
If the Word is not in you in abundance then the word will not be the first response or what comes out of you.

If you are not built up in the Word then you won't be able to stand even against ongoing fear and anxiety.
Our enemy will keep pushing back and if you have not the Faith that comes from having the Word in you in abundance then you can't stand and will continue to be overcome.

People need to honestly judge their daily lives. One might say I read an hour a day and that alone is not a bad thing but if the rest of the day you are filling yourself with junk and TV and trying to fit in then your hour a day is worthless.

10 percent God and 90 percent life will get you at the most 10 percent of God in one's life.

People need to look at their lives in the whole and not a single prayer or two and get angry because they don't see the answers they want.

You get back what you put into it.
Blessings

You are 100% accurate. I agree. We need to fill ourselves with God and His Word as much as possible and in all things in all ways.
I used to just pray a little bit and could not understand why things were not where they needed to be. Then I increased prayer. Then I began to see that I needed even more of God and His holy word and less of TV, but I soon began to crave more and more and more. It's a transformation. Now I crave learning all I can about Him, His Word, The Holy Trinity of God as individuals and as one. The transformation process will take us from ourselves and flesh into such greatness that only He can give, if we would just submit to Him, pray, seek him, praise him, rejoice in him and be with him. So much to learn and so much to take in. We will be transforming every day of our lives, if we allow the HS to work in us. The closer i get to God the more humbling it is. The closer i get the more i realize how little i know and the learning process starts in a new direction. We are so very fortunate and blessed

With the generational thing it can be broken in Jesus name because when you are a born again believer you actually break ties with any curses your ancestors have passed down to you by the blood of Jesus and are adopted into His family, which means you inherit His spiritual blessings.

A way to think about it is, your last name will no longer be whatever it is you go by in the world but you'll be named in the family of Israel. And Israel that follows God, has all these spiritual blessings promised.

One thing that struck me autumn oddity is, you dont seem to know your identity in Christ.
This is who God sees you as. He doesnt see you as someone based on your looks, or if you are married or with someone, or what kind of job you have, or how much money you earn, or whether you have an illness or disability. Those things, real as they are to you or other people are just temporary to God.

Eternally, if you are a born again believer and christ follower, you are counted as His daughter. GOd is your Father. Not just God (anyone can call anyone God, even heathens talk about God) but abba 'Father'. When you get this deep into your heart, mind and soul you will know that you will never have to fear again. Start declaring this today.

When I was delivered from fear, I knew that it could not come back because I closed all the doors to it. It could holler all it liked but I wasnt goingto open the door and let it in. I was sealed and full of the holy spirit. The more I read His word, the more I meditated on the truth, the more I could keep saying the truth and not listen to the lies. When you know a lie is a lie, you can say so. Thats a lie, Im not going to believe a lie because I know the truth and it set me free. You can say, no, am NOT going to deal with anxiety for the rest of my life because Jesus has dealt with it on the cross and set me free.

Autumn oddity do you know about spiritual armour of God.
If not suggest you do a study of Ephesians 6:10-20 because God has given you weapons you can use so You can be on the offense and stave off any demonic attacks.

Back