Will Time and Experience Make Us Humble?

As I was meditating upon the Daily God Walk for today I was impressed with this statement, "Time and experience, when handled appropriately, will work patience and humility in us." - that thought is worth meditating upon.

The context is Moses who was caleld by God to lead Israel but was about 80 years old before he was ready... did he need all of that time and experience to be humble enough, or was it just God's timing?

What do you think?

I don't think it's the "time" itself, I think it's more of what God was doing in the inner man in that span of time.

you can give a haughty man a hundred years but he may never be humble
while you can give the same man a minute with God and he will be changed forever

I don't think it's the "time" itself, I think it's more of what God was doing in the inner man in that span of time.

you can give a haughty man a hundred years but he may never be humble
while you can give the same man a minute with God and he will be changed forever

Hmmm... Good food for thought . I think with some people it does take time and experience and I am thinking of my mission experiences , cause when I came back all the stuff and things that I have here did not seem to matter any more . When I saw how the missionary lived and shared his little with the people in his area and his huminlity , it really impacted me to ask the question " Am I doing everything in my little world to show people that I care about them and want to help them ?

There's actually some verses for that.

And not only so, but let us have joy in our troubles: in the knowledge that trouble gives us the power of waiting; And waiting gives experience;

and experience, hope: And hope does not put to shame; because our hearts are full of the love of God through the Holy Spirit which is given to us
Rom 5

Exprience gives hope. And a Christian who has hope would never be proud. So in essence, experience does make us humble.

There's actually some verses for that.

And not only so, but let us have joy in our troubles: in the knowledge that trouble gives us the power of waiting; And waiting gives experience;

and experience, hope: And hope does not put to shame; because our hearts are full of the love of God through the Holy Spirit which is given to us
Rom 5

Exprience gives hope. And a Christian who has hope would never be proud. So in essence, experience does make us humble.

Great response! I must agree.

The experiences I've been through in the last year or so have certainly made me humble myself before God; and with people.
I have slowed down in my actions, in my assumptions, in my decision making, and in my thought processing.

So, I would have to say "YES" - time and experience does make us humble;
or at least it should when our priorities are straight.

In my experience being humble requires experience because it is the proud things that many times backfire on us that bring us to humility. But I think mot of all it is a condition of the heart, one needs to desire to be humble. That desire i believe comes from the Holy Spirit withint the beleiver....without the working fo the Holy Spirit we hav no hope of being Christ like at all and humility is a characteristic of our Lord.

So we look to our Lord in surrender to His will and His working in our lives to bring out His character in us..it is Him that works these things not us..our only part is to surrender and let Him bring it forth.

Glowy

I believe that hardships, trials and tribulations yeilds great fruits in the Spirit. When we look at the fruits of the spirit.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…” Those who are in Christ are distinguished from unbelievers in that they have been gifted with the Holy Spirit, enabling them to bear fruit.

With that being said - patience and self control. Always know how if someone is a true believer by the fruits they produce.

As I was meditating upon the Daily God Walk for today I was impressed with this statement, "Time and experience, when handled appropriately, will work patience and humility in us." - that thought is worth meditating upon.

The context is Moses who was caleld by God to lead Israel but was about 80 years old before he was ready... did he need all of that time and experience to be humble enough, or was it just God's timing?

What do you think?
The most important show of humility, is that Moses suffered in the wilderness with rebellious Israelites though he was obedient to God. That is exactly the same thing that Jesus went through; He suffered for wrongs he had not committed.

Time and experiences do factor in to ones humility!

I believe that hardships, trials and tribulations yeilds great fruits in the Spirit. When we look at the fruits of the spirit.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…” Those who are in Christ are distinguished from unbelievers in that they have been gifted with the Holy Spirit, enabling them to bear fruit.

With that being said - patience and self control. Always know how if someone is a true believer by the fruits they produce.
A very important lesson to learn is that we learn and grow from our failures!

NO ONE learns to walk with out falling 1st!

As I was meditating upon the Daily God Walk for today I was impressed with this statement, "Time and experience, when handled appropriately, will work patience and humility in us." - that thought is worth meditating upon. The context is Moses who was caleld by God to lead Israel but was about 80 years old before he was ready... did he need all of that time and experience to be humble enough, or was it just God's timing? What do you think?

Wow! I was surprised when I came across this thread. Paul Smith is an old friend. We attended the annual Pastor's Retreats when I first met him about 7 years ago.

He is a very anointed man of God, Bible study teacher and Pastor.

God bless you, Paul.

haha I think childhood CAN extend until you are in your 80s.
I see a lot of people still acting like children in their 50s, want everything instantly, still drinking milk and consuming fast food, behaving like rebellious teenagers...lol

And what is with all the PRIDE parades. I don't get all that. What if they had a PATIENCE parade instead.

haha I think childhood CAN extend until you are in your 80s.
I see a lot of people still acting like children in their 50s, want everything instantly, still drinking milk and consuming fast food, behaving like rebellious teenagers...lol

And what is with all the PRIDE parades. I don't get all that. What if they had a PATIENCE parade instead.
Haha Lanolin Patience parade! Love it.

Back