Wise Friendships

I really enjoyed this sermon this morning. I also have added the PDF for the sermon if anyone wants to read it.

It was very encouraging. Friendships have to be built. It doesn't happen fast or "just happens." I love how he describes all the friendships in the Word of God. Furthermore I aim to be that friend to intimate friends in my life. Lord knows I need more understanding, healing and patience for others as well as for me [as i falter and fall short]. ❤️

Attachments

• Building-Wise-Friendships.pdf
    93.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Because of the influence friends have in our lives, we must be careful whom we choose for friends. We need wise governing principles and standards to gauge the heart of potential friends.
To quote from Dr Stanley above is wise.

My family are my only friends.☹️

I do like people, and I work with many great people, but I find it hard to want to go anywhere with them because I dont like pubs and clubs and most forms of todays entertainment.

Give me a musical, a food market, a museum or any other form of art and history and I will go.

But when I see some of todays art, I feel a little stumped. its meaningless.

I never saw the appeal of Andy Warhol and other avant garde artists.

To quote from Dr Stanley above is wise.

My family are my only friends.☹️

I do like people, and I work with many great people, but I find it hard to want to go anywhere with them because I dont like pubs and clubs and most forms of todays entertainment.

Give me a musical, a food market, a museum or any other form of art and history and I will go.

But when I see some of todays art, I feel a little stumped. its meaningless.

I never saw the appeal of Andy Warhol and other avant garde artists.
I am the same way Via dolarossa. My children are my closest and my fiancé. It's difficult with being likeminded, enjoying the same things [clean fun]. There are some that compromise Christ. I don't want to. I don't want to be in a push pull either. Having to lower my standards to appease someone else. Having few is a treasure.

Well I started out with lots of friends but grew out of them.

I suppose it was the way the Lord was prepping me for something else.

I'm pretty sure there are scriptures somewhere that says 'better to be alone than with the wrong company'. And I do enjoy my own company. For now.
Yes. I agree. I have gotten into so much with bad company. Did not lead me down a good path - I am pretty content with my family. ❤️ OH, and you guys. 😉

Scars - lyrics [one of my fav songs]

Waking up to a new sunrise
Looking back from the other side
I can see now with open eyes
Darkest water and deepest pain
I wouldn't trade it for anything
'Cause my brokenness brought me to you
And these wounds are a story you'll use
So I'm thankful for the scars
'Cause without them I wouldn't know your heart
And I know they'll always tell of who you are
So forever I am thankful for the scars
Now I'm standing in confidence
With the strength of your faithfulness
And I'm not who I was before
No, I don't have to fear anymore
So I'm thankful for the scars
I can see, I can see
How you delivered me
In your hands, in your feet
I found my victory
I'm thankful for your scars
And with my life, I'll tell of who you are
So forever I am thankful
I'm thankful for the scars

hmm my Proverbs is slightly different as its KJV Proverbs 19:24

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly, and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

I don't think it's necessarily about having LOTS of friends, but there will be one that is closer than all the others. For Jesus, this was most likely Peter. In fact Peter was so clingy that one time Jesus told him to move away lol.

John was also a good friend (the other John, not John the baptist.) Jesus trusted him to look after his mother after he went away. And then gave him Revelation. He also said of his disciples, who were serving him in a master/servant type relationship that he no longer called them servants, but friends. Once they had shown they would lay down their lives for him as Jesus did for them.

Mary and Martha were also good friends of Jesus. Jesus not only had family, but he also had friends. He asked for prayer and his friends prayed for him in the difficult times.

And of course we all have a friend in Jesus.

Back