Wise words #10 Share your opinion and Ideas between being Reformed vs Transformed.

Reformation is about changing an existing error or making an improvement in a particular area but it’s liable to change.
Example: I once used to like eating junk food but now I prefer healthy things. I think I just developed better taste. I could quite easily loose my desire to eat healthy especially in the weekends when I’m eating out. It could even mean a temporary change of mind or view.

Transformation is a state of something new but this time it’s not liable to be changed back. like the butterfly cannot change back into the caterpillar. it’s now permanent.

Example: I was once so sorry for what I did once because I realised how my actions hurt the other person that I could not possibly do it again if I tried. That marks a permanent change. I no longer have to desire to do it.

Transformation is a continuous coverage.

Hope that helps

Reformation is about changing an existing error or making an improvement in a particular area but it’s liable to change.
Example: I once used to like eating junk food but now I prefer healthy things. I think I just developed better taste. I could quite easily loose my desire to eat healthy especially in the weekends when I’m eating out. It could even mean a temporary change of mind or view.

Transformation is a state of something new but this time it’s not liable to be changed back. like the butterfly cannot change back into the caterpillar. it’s now permanent.

Example: I was once so sorry for what I did once because I realised how my actions hurt the other person that I could not possibly do it again if I tried. That marks a permanent change. I no longer have to desire to do it.

Transformation is a continuous coverage.

Hope that helps
Wow Fiona, great Job,! You totally Transformed this post! I so, so Love your Powerful Testimony here, in saying that with Transformation, you can not return back to the previous condition that you once were. This is sadly why so very many fall off with God, is because they fail to truly get born again of the Spirit! They only felt the Loving presence of the Lord on their outer man. But never went deep enough into God to get born again!

Thank you, Lord for the Transforming Power of your Spirit in our Lives, to never be the same again!

Reformation is about changing an existing error or making an improvement in a particular area but it’s liable to change. Example: I once used to like eating junk food but now I prefer healthy things. I think I just developed better taste. I could quite easily loose my desire to eat healthy especially in the weekends when I’m eating out. It could even mean a temporary change of mind or view. Transformation is a state of something new but this time it’s not liable to be changed back. like the butterfly cannot change back into the caterpillar. it’s now permanent. Example: I was once so sorry for what I did once because I realised how my actions hurt the other person that I could not possibly do it again if I tried. That marks a permanent change. I no longer have to desire to do it. Transformation is a continuous coverage. Hope that helps

Hello Via;

What an excellent post! One must read deeper to grasp how this aligns with Scripture.

True Reformation throughout the Old and New Testament is "God led" where He resets His covenant love to include love to Him first, His Word and heart of worship back to Him.

1 Samuel 7:3, 3 And Samuel spake unto all the house of Israel, saying, If ye do return unto the Lord with all your hearts, then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the Lord, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines. - KJV

True Transformation is the Spiritual prompting of self change in the sacred life of an individual.

2 Corinthians 3:18, 18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. - ESV

The "unveiled face" is when we expose ourselves in our character. One of the worst examples of when we cause another to fall into sin and this causes a revealing reality check. In our Christian walk this can cause a discipline of reform and transform quickly back to our God.

Yes, amen brother Bob! Here are some more definitions of transformation that touched my heart!
And the reason these things touch our hearts is that this is the reality that God has done for us,
and is now doing in us!

What does it mean to be transformed by God?

The Greek word for transformed in Romans 12:2 has the meaning of being changed into another form. It is a total change by the renewing of the mind. It is a complete change for the better. A complete change for the better is not conforming, but rather transforming; being changed into a new creation.

1. To change the form of; to change the shape or appearance; to metamorphose; as a caterpillar transformed into a butterfly.

2. To change one substance into another; to transmute. The alchemists sought to transform lead into gold.

3. In other words, to change the natural disposition and temper of man from a state of enmity to God and his law, into the image of God, or into a disposition and temper conformed to the will of God.

Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. Rom. 12.
to change the contemplative soul into a divine substance, by which it is lost or swallowed up in the divine nature.

6. In algebra, to change an equation into another of a different form, but of equal value.

TRANSFORM', v.i. To be changed in form; to be metamorphosed.

transformation

TRANSFORMA'TION, n. The act or operation of changing the form.

5. a change of heart in man, by which his disposition and temper are transformed to the divine image; a change from enmity to holiness and love.

Another powerful thought that thrills my soul, is in the transforming Power of the Blood of Jesus, which turns our sin's from scarlet to WHITER THAN SNOW!

Back