Women's Soccer World Cup Australia/New Zealand 2023

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

Next year from July 20th to August 20th the women's soccer world cup will be held in Australia and New Zealand. I'm an avid fan of men and women's soccer. Please pray for this event.

Aside from the media hype that is overlooked, many of these players are women of God. The respective teams do have their group Bible studies so it's more than pride of representing their countries. The bigger picture is how Jesus uses this event for the women players of faith to bring others to Him through international play.

Isaiah 43:6-7, I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, 7 everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.”

!! Is it coming to Auckland? If it is, maybe have the chance to check it out.
I've never been a fan of much sports (America's Cup debacle?) but if everyone is coming here it will be a big deal for us especially in the hospitality sector. Also I think that soccer and cricket are games that God likes. As they are about fair play and sportsmanship.

I know other sports are not so and often about brute force, cheating and skulduggery and gambling...

Hello Lanolin;

Auckland @ Eden Park, Hamilton @ Waikato Stadium, Wellington @ Wellington Regional Stadium and Dunedin @ Forsyth Barr Stadium will host the games.

I know I've been saying this for years, Lanolin, but we will be fully retired by then and this may be the opportunity to travel to Auckland.

Australia will host the games in Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne.

If it's at Eden Park it won't be too far from my brothers place. Though not within walking distance.
But you can easily catch the train there, I think.. hopefully, transport will be up and running by then - I remember one Rugby World Cup where supporters were stranded at the station for hours trying to get home. Unfortunately this happens a lot in Auckland whenever you try to go somewhere a lot of other people are going. Parking problems!

Back