Word appliance to your heart!

Word appliance to your heart!

Proverbs 22:17)Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.

apply thine heart unto my knowledge- you can hear the word your whole life and never have learned to apply it. The truth is that spiritual success and growth come from applying the word in our lives, living in it, rather then just knowing it. You can have all the knowledge in the world, yet without application, knowing how to use it, and how to apply it, what good is it or what benefit can it have? As Christians, letting the word manifest itself unto us in our inner man, we can live a life pleasing to God. Application is critical, too many people are lukewarm because they fail to apply the word into their lives, maybe they heard the word, but it got choked out one way or another, weather it be because of “the care of this world”, or “the deceitfulness of riches” or “the pleasures of this life”. How can we apply the word to our lives if they be filled with temporal distractions? You can’t, this is why so many people may go to church, hear the word, yet still take nothing from it, why someone can read the bible, yet still fail to apply it. Let thy word be “a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path”. “To day if ye will hear his voice”, “harden not your heart”, yet without application isn’t that exactly what we would be doing? The power of the word to sanctify only comes to those who take it to heart and use it. If you read the word yet keep disobeying it, where is the growth, or where is the obedience to God’s word? Isn’t it just become as a vain practice, something lightly taken, and not heeded? “With my whole heart have a sought thee” means to obey, to hear and follow after righteousness and rejecting falsehood. “I hate every false way”, the psalmist said. To “hunger and thirst after righteousness”, the ways of evil need to be rejected and done away with in our lives. “Ye that love the Lord hate evil”, so how could we let sin purposefully be in our lives, habitually holding dominion over us, lest we wanted it there or were trying to hold on to it, or it be there unknowing out of ignorance not wanting to fight against it.

We have a choice, but we need to lean now more then ever for guidance from God, lest we slip leaning to our own understanding, or fall in to a worldly snare of sin, because sin is the way of the world and the destruction of it. “Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world”, notice how it says “time past”, which implies past tense, which also implies that since then a change has taken place. The course of this world is driven by the sinful nature that it has fallen into. Now how can one who is a “servant of righteousness” submit to it any longer, sin and lustful ways of the flesh? How can someone who walks in the Spirit be fulfilling the lust of the flesh when the scripture says “Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh”. “the scripture cannot be broken”, our Lord said, so this therefore implies that anyone who in any way is submitting to the ways of the flesh and think that they are walking in the Spirit are deceiving themselves horribly. The truth is written, God preserves his word and “his truth endureth to all generations”, his “word is settled in heaven”, Matthew 24:35) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. )) How many verses make reference to God’s word being preserved and everlasting. Therefore, how critical is it that we take notice and heed the words closely!? Not taken lightly, as much of the world has, but heeding is needed. This is the same reason why people have made very costly doctrinal errors, why the blind are being led astray. If the blind lead the blind, they both fall in the ditch, failing to take heed from the word of God.

My people, fellow Christians, scriptural errors are grievous and is why many fall to their own destruction. Erring because of spiritual slothfulness, willing to hear and accept what ever floats through their ears without discretion. The bible is the tool of discretion and without it people will lean to everything but the full truth of God. There is no in between nor middle ground. Matthew 12:30) He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.)) And can we abide in Christ yet be entangled with “the pollution of this world”, which is any form of spiritual and moral corruption? Can a person walk in the light and still be in works of darkness? No! This is the cutting truth of the bible that people don’t want to hear. Abandoning, fleeing from, and escaping the sinful nature is key and critical. People love reading about how God’s mercy endureth forever, but they would flee from the concept of just how strict God is. They want reward with out obedience, trying to work salvation in their own way, forgetting it is God who commands and controls all. When someone tries to work salvation in their own way

Personally I do not believe that there is a single human being who's doctrine is perfect. God reveals truth and our mind is renewed by the Holy Spirit according to the Word daily as we study. I persoanlly have a long way to go.:)
You are 100% correct that we must apply the Word to our lives. Someone once told me I was a theologian. My response was that I am not a theologian but a lifeologian as I simply take the Word of God by faith and walk it out , each step trusting God to bring it to fruition in my life. Yieldedness to the Holy Spirit will always draw us deeper into living His Word and truth.

Thank you for that
'Biblical Doctrine' means a body of teaching or instructions from the bible, people think everything must be twisted one way or anthor to gather an interpretation; rather a misinterpretation. We should be united in the essentials, diverse in the nonessentials, and with love in all.

2 Timothy 3:16
2 Timothy 4:2
Acts 2:42
Matthew 15:9
1 Timothy 1:3

"You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine." Titus 1:9
Titus 2:1

Back