Word Challenge

Keep seeing post where people want others to pray that God will do something about the devil.

So my challenge to you is simple.
Show me in the New Testament where God said Pray and ask Him and He would do something about the devil.

Edit Add In: This thread will lead up to another thread concerning our RESPONSIBILITY in Christ.

Blessings
FCJ

I dont see that, I just pray and ask God for wisdom and then you do what He shows you. Or you share with others what word of wisdom he tells you.

james 1:5 which is in the NT tells us if we ask God for wisdom he will give it to us.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him.

1 corinthians 12:8 tells us there is spiritual gift of wisdom and knowledge. You just need to ask God and He will tell you, and it will be from the wisdom books in the Bible. Most of the time I recieve wisdom from the Book Of Proverbs.

I dont see that, I just pray and ask God for wisdom and then you do what He shows you. Or you share with others what word of wisdom he tells you.

james 1:5 which is in the NT tells us if we ask God for wisdom he will give it to us.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him.

1 corinthians 12:8 tells us there is spiritual gift of wisdom and knowledge. You just need to ask God and He will tell you, and it will be from the wisdom books in the Bible. Most of the time I recieve wisdom from the Book Of Proverbs.
Thank you Lanolin for your reply.
Now let's please stick to the question I asked.
Blessings

Will the Lord's Prayer Matthew 6:13 apply?

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For your is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen

Note: there is a "? in my first line. A question mark as it may seen differently, I do have personal understanding of it, but I CAN AGREE as well how other see it, as mentioned, below: it may not be material the difference.

Reason is, I google in biblehub commentataries: some see it as the "evil one" or the "evil temptations"
regardless, it do believe it will not be material, as quoted in one of the commentary:

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/matthew/6-13.htm

Matthew Poole's Commentary
The term temptation in the general signifieth a trial, and is sometimes used to express God’s trials of his people’s faith and obedience, but most ordinarily to express Satan’s trials of us, by motions to sin; which may be from our own lusts, Jam 1:13,14; or from the devil, who is therefore called the tempter; or from the world. These are the temptations which we are commanded to pray against: not that God leads any persons into such temptations, unless by the permission of his providence.
But deliver us from evil; from the evil one, as some read it, because of the article prefixed; but others think it not material whether we understand the devil, who is the evil one, or the evil of temptations, which harm us not if we be not overcome by them

Last edited:
Hmm, thanks... somehow it is being clearer to me now why:
1. I have seen some of post on difference of the OLD and NEW covenant,
2. and I remember one of your signature before is KNOW your covenant....

I did not took notice or give much attention to it before.

I find it NOW interesting to research more on it, and surely it will provide more "knowledge" or "revelation" as well as applying that knowledge.

Thanks!

Your question does not make sense. Can you explain where people have asked that, because I dont see it. Nobody has asked others to pray that God will do something about the devil, because Jesus already has done something about the devil.
Please Stop .
Either reply to the question or simply do not reply. I did not ask you how many people "you saw"
Blessings

Please Stop .
Either reply to the question or simply do not reply. I did not ask you how many people "you saw"
Blessings
Am simply asking YOU where you keep seeing these posts. That is all, please dont get offended when I ask you for clarification and try to answer your challenge?!

Ha
Am simply asking YOU where you keep seeing these posts. That is all, please dont get offended when I ask you for clarification and try to answer your challenge?!
1. I am not offended
2. You don't need clarification on that part.
3. Don't want all these unrelated replies.
4. There is one question in which to reply.

Have a great day!! :)

Back