Worship

Worship

A. Vain worship.
Matthew 15:6-9
6 he is not to ‘honor his father’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8 â€â€˜These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.’†NIV

B. Ignorant worship.
Acts 17:23
23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you. NIV

C. Will-worship.
Colossians 2:18,23
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. KJV

The worship (and study) of the church of our Lord has been designed by God and revealed in His Word. This design is sufficient to satisfy man’s inner desire to express that worship. We can worship Him through the study of His Word.

God seeks those that will worship Him in Spirit and Truth.

John 4:23-24
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

We must all bow our knees to Him, through His Son, through His Word. Praise His Name!

The New Covenant writings open and closes with the same admonition to all: “Worship God.†God revealed Himself to men everywhere “that they should seek God.â€

Acts 17:24-28
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. KJV

When man at an earlier date rejected that revelation given in natural law, moral law, and written law, he plunged into the revolting excesses of idolatry and reaped the consequences of his own willful perversion.
Paul speaks of this:

Romans 1:25
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Today, we can look around us and see the same kind of perversion. Paul warned that after he left:

Acts 20:28-30
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. KJV

Paul was speaking to the elders of a church at this time. In the second century, just after Paul’s departure, you can read the writings of those leaders(?) of that time and see the changes taking place. Man changed the design of the church, worship, and titles etc. etc. Men are called Reverend, Pastor, Father, etc. etc. Their titles and works are legion.
You will not find any title in the New Covenant that gives reverence to man.

We do not need a reformation movement! We need a restoration movement!

I hope that we all can agree to use His Word as our source of reference for how to live our life, how we treat our fellowman, government of the church, and worship.

I enjoyed reading this very much!

I like what you said about bowing to God also.

Thank you very much!:cross:

I think far too often in both thought and practice, we simply fail to really Worship God. And when we do, it's reserved for a special part of a "normal" church service. Everything we do should be in Praise of Him. Every note I play is to Praise God. I don't even care if I'm seen or heard (as there have been times when a guitar was inappropriate to the sound so I turned off the volume and played anyway just to worship Him).

I like it to worship God in my room, alone, with my guitar, and I sing my praises for God

It is very good what you did say. Especially "vain Worship", it keeps telling us, where our praises are for.

Back