Your favorite songs?

AtomicSnowflake

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
I would like to know what songs/hymns are your favorite.
When you think of those special songs that you just love to hear or sing, or those that you think of as traditional "comfort food" type of songs... the ones your granny used to sing... the ones that include sound doctrine, truth, inspiration, etc... what songs come to mind for you? And if you don't mind, what is it that you like about it?

This is one of my favorites just because I am very hard on myself. Sometimes it's hard to forgive myself of mistakes I've made and i'll beat myself up about it forever. I feel like I have to be perfect or God won't love me. This eventually affects my relationship with him. So I listen to this song when I feel hopeless and doubtful. it motivates me to carry on and try again.

Oh....this is definitely not one my granny used to sing to me but it has helped me out a few days so I thought I'd share this one :D

This is awesome! Thank you guys so much for contributing.... I am really enjoying listening to these, and discovering some new songs that are so moving & powerful.... and sound great!!

And I'd also like to say thanks for including the reasons.... it makes them even more meaningful :)

-Keep 'em coming :)

The memorable ones for me are the ones I sang with the children with actions in Bibles in Schools.

There was one called 'God's love' goes on and on forever. The action we did was spin round in a circle till we were dizzy.

This is awesome! Thank you guys so much for contributing.... I am really enjoying listening to these, and discovering some new songs that are so moving & powerful.... and sound great!!

And I'd also like to say thanks for including the reasons.... it makes them even more meaningful :)

-Keep 'em coming :)
This one goes a long way. I like it, because we have all been there and will be there again:

rtm3039

I was trying to be polite, in a 1970's scary-haired way. But I did love the second song. Though I think the chap singing it might have actually eaten the rainbow.

I was trying to be polite, in a 1970's scary-haired way. But I did love the second song. Though I think the chap singing it might have actually eaten the rainbow.
Yes, I caught the tail end of the 70th thing, but never ld enough to be a hippie (my mom would not have allowed me). By 1979; however, I was in the military and there went the hair thing.

And like Samson, you were made devoid of all 1970's power!

Aha, they actually played the fat guy on the radio yesterday. He has a fabulous voice. But somehow, I feel cheated now I've seen the video.

Back