Your Lord is With You

When life throws its curve balls at us, which it will, our natural reaction may be to immediately feel fear. Satan will use these occasions to try to get us to doubt God or to feel as though we are without resource. He will try to get us to feel as though our circumstances have control over our lives, rather than the other way around. He will try to convince us, as well, that humans have some kind of power over us over which God has no power or control. He will paint God as weak, though as compassionate and loving, too, and he will try to convince us that all God can do is to comfort us in our difficult times, but that he can’t do anything to change our circumstances or to strengthen us through them. In other words, Satan will try to get us to believe that our God is impotent rather than omnipotent.

During these times of difficulty and trial, though, we must ward off Satan’s lies and put on the armor of God with which to fight off all Satan’s evil attacks and his wicked schemes against us. We must know that our God – our Lord Jesus Christ – is completely sovereign over all that he has made. Nothing can touch us but what God allows it, and he allows it for a purpose, and that he will see us through it or else he will remove (deliver) us from it. He will never leave us or abandon us. He’s right there with us. He sees what we are going through. It didn’t catch him by surprise. And, he has a plan for it all. So, we need to trust him, rest in him, believe in him, and do what he says to do. We need to stand strong on the Word of Truth, and fight off Satan’s lies, and trust in the strength and power of the Lord to move in our circumstances in such a way as to bring honor and glory to His name.

Your Lord is With You
An Original Work / August 14, 2016

Based off Various Scriptures

Fear not for your Lord is with you.
He will not leave you, nor will He abandon you.
When you walk through valleys of life’s rough ways,
You must fear no evil, for God is near.
Be of courage, then, and be not dismayed,
For your Lord is with you throughout your days.
Fear not for your Lord is with you.
He will not leave you, nor will He abandon you.

Trust Him with your life and witness.
He’ll go before you, and He will prepare the way.
The Lord is our helper, so we’ll not fear.
He will strengthen us. He sees all our tears.
Do not be afraid, but to God do pray,
And the peace of God will be yours today.
Trust Him with your life and witness.
He’ll go before you, and He will prepare the way.

My God, He is my Rock and my Shield
And the Horn of my salvation, whom I praise.
He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
Drew me out of waters so deep I’d sink.
My God turned my darkness into His light;
Opened up my blinded eyes, gave me sight.
My God, He is my Rock and my Shield
And the Horn of my salvation, whom I praise.

Back