Your Memorized Scripture When Praying For Others

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

I really didn't know where this thread would fit in the forum but thought our personal memorized Scripture will align with Bible Study.

Each of us who study the Bible should develop a handful of short, "go to" Scriptures to refer to in our personal prayer time. This is helpful for those times when we don't know how to pray for others under all circumstances.

For example, when someone opens up to me with a troubling problem causing them stress and anxiousness, I have used 1 Peter 5:6-7, 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. - ESV

When someone is sick I have used Isaiah 41:10, 10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - NIV

When someone is desperately seeking a relationship with God I have used Proverbs 8:17, I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me. - NASB

When someone is gloating or glad over the suffering of an enemy I will pray with them using Proverbs 24:17-18, 17 Don’t rejoice when your enemies fall; don’t be happy when they stumble. 18 For the Lord will be displeased with you and will turn his anger away from them. - NLT

These are my own personal memorized Scriptures. I started using memorized Scripture when praying for others about 10 years ago. It takes practice but the results can be a blessing for those we pray for. You can develop your own.

I find that when we practice short, memorized Scripture this really aids us in adding additional prayer for others and ourself.

I hope this will help you in your prayer life.

God bless everyone.

I always come back to this:

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. - Matthew 7:7-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew7:7-8&version=ESV

And this:

And he took him to Jerusalem and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here,for it is written, “‘He will command his angels concerning you, to guard you,’and “‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”And Jesus answered him, “It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’” - Luke 4:9-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke4:9-12&version=ESV

thanks bob,

I dont always know what to exactly pray for but right after I read Isiah 25;8 earlier, where He swallows up death in Victory and wipes tears from everyones faces..I'm so relieved I tell you. Life is so fragile and I sometimes I fear others leaving and how we all cope, and this verse gives me relief from uncertainty by knowing whats on the other side is going to be a great place for us all.

Last edited:
Back