Zeal for Your House

The house of the Lord is the temple of God, which is the body of Christ, which is comprised of those who have trusted in Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior of their lives. It is not a building, and it is not a human organization, or a church denomination, nor is it a not-for-profit corporation of the federal government of the USA, or of any other country. In other words, First Presbyterian Church, or Westside Baptist Church is not the church. These are institutions of human origin. The church is a living organism with Christ as her head. And, the sanctuary of God is within the lives of Christ’s followers. God does not dwell in buildings built by human hands. Thus, when we enter a building called “church,” we are NOT entering God’s house nor have we suddenly walked into the presence of God, because God’s presence lives within us and is always with us, and we, the people, are the Lord’s house.

So, if zeal for the Lord’s house consumes us, it means that passion and fervor for Christ and his church, his body, so fills up our lives to where we are fully engaged (involved) and committed to the Lord’s service and to ministering to the needs of his body. It also means that we are fully involved and committed to our personal relationships with Christ, to our times of personal worship with him, and to obedience to his Word. We are entirely dedicated to walking in the Spirit, and not according to the flesh, and to allowing the Lord to use us in other people’s lives according to his will and purposes for our lives. As well, it means that we feel what God feels, we hate what he hates, and what he loves we love. We weep over all the junk that is presently going on in the world and in the worldly church in the name of God, and in the name of Jesus Christ. So, we will expose these fruitless deeds of darkness so that other believers are not led astray to what is false. And, we will pray for revival!

Zeal for Your House
An Original Work / August 1, 2016

Based off Jn. 2:17; Ps. 69:9

Zeal for Your house, it consumes me.
Lord, I love my times with You.
I love to worship You and sing Your praises.
Time in Your Word brings me closer to You,
List’ning to You speaking to me,
Gently guiding me in truth.

Lord, You are my life’s example,
Showing me how I should live.
I love to walk with You where’er You lead me.
No greater joy have I when serving You.
Loving, giving, resting in Your strength,
I’m yielding to Your will.

Zeal for Your house, it consumes me.
See the church turned upside down:
Marketing ventures taking place of worship,
Men of the gospel turning into clowns.
Gospel message made appealing,
So the world will feel at home.

Lord, we need a great revival.
Turn their hearts, Lord, back to You.
Open the blind eyes, turn them all from darkness,