“But One Thing Is Needful”

The POWER - AUTHORITY - MASTER
of the "Sin Nature" Has BEEN BROKEN - Taken Away - Destroyed over us.

The sin nature is still there.
Once we become born again, it's the first time we have ever had the ability to keep the sin nature at bay, under submission of the Spirit.

This in No Way is saying it does not exist.
What it is saying is that Christ Has BROKEN the slave under sin for us.

We WILL NEED to fill our Hearts to overflowing measures of God's Most Holy Written Word in order to keep the FLESH or SIN NATURE at bay or under submission of the Spirit.

Out of the ABUNDANCE of the Heart is what will come out FIRST or in ABUNDANCE.

Example.......some one in the forum writes something that you don't like and you just have to tell them so. THAT'S THE FLESH OR SIN NATURE not kept a bay.

Blessings
FCJ

The POWER - AUTHORITY - MASTER
of the "Sin Nature" Has BEEN BROKEN - Taken Away - Destroyed over us.

The sin nature is still there.
Once we become born again, it's the first time we have ever had the ability to keep the sin nature at bay, under submission of the Spirit.

This in No Way is saying it does not exist.
What it is saying is that Christ Has BROKEN the slave under sin for us.
Good post Jim! I believe the epic center of sin is the sin nature, which is what incurs guilt. The sinning only manifests its presence; and the grace of freedom from the sin nature (old man) lies in the absence of desire for both. For us, sin is always against our will, as demonstrated by Paul's use of the word "captive" (Rom 7:23). As a natural, unregenerate man we were not serving sin as a captive (against our will), but as a willing subject!

The place God works in us is where He sees us, which is not in the sin nature (Rom 8:9) but in our overall will against sin! He knows we will continue to learn from the sin in seeing more of His "abundant grace" (Rom 5:20).

Also, agreement with scripture does not mean someone is writng something you dont like. Its just declaring agreement with scripture.

My bible (KJV) translates sin nature as flesh, so am just writing that in case others are reading a different version and they dont find that word (sin nature) in their bibles.Thats all.

Also, agreement with scripture does not mean someone is writng something you dont like. Its just declaring agreement with scripture.
I think you might be misunderstanding my intentions, and that's okay if so. With me, I believe there's nothing anyone posts that we should dislike because everyone's just trying to communicate what we feel is truth; and whether we are correct or not we will eventually be lead to the truth concerning issues on which we seek to know, because we find the truths of them if we seek them for the right reason (Mat 7:8).

My bible (KJV) translates sin nature as flesh, so am just writing that in case others are reading a different version and they dont find that word (sin nature) in their bibles.Thats all.
Most do not use the phrase sin nature for "flesh." It's just one of the two a definitions. It can mean the body, or it can mean the sin nature of the soul:

Mat 16:17 "flesh and blood "; Definition II. the body
Rom 8:9 "you are not in the flesh"; Definition IV. mere human nature, the earthly nature of man apart from divine influence, and therefore prone to sin and opposed to God
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G4561&t=KJV

Last edited:
Come let us reason together...

God is totally fine with us digging deeper into scripture and seeking out His meaning and intentions. He welcomes it. Not everyone can grasp it at first. I am so completely aware that every single person cannot run before they can walk.

Going back to OP...Jesus said to Mary and Martha...one thing is needful and Mary has chosen the better part.
What is he meaning, well I think of Martha as the bigger/older sister. Martha most probably already had learned what Jesus was teaching Mary. But just because SHE already knew doesnt mean that Mary didnt have to learn from Jesus as well.

Everyone has to start somewhere and have that one on one training time with Jesus.

Going back to OP...Jesus said to Mary and Martha...one thing is needful and Mary has chosen the better part.
What is he meaning, well I think of Martha as the bigger/older sister. Martha most probably already had learned what Jesus was teaching Mary. But just because SHE already knew doesnt mean that Mary didnt have to learn from Jesus as well.

Everyone has to start somewhere and have that one on one training time with Jesus.
The Lesson Here is put Jesus First.
Put God's Word First for it is more important then any day to day situation.
Not to get bogged down or weighed down with everyday life.

Come let us reason together...

God is totally fine with us digging deeper into scripture and seeking out His meaning and intentions. He welcomes it. Not everyone can grasp it at first. I am so completely aware that every single person cannot run before they can walk.
True, and thanks for your replies and input!

God's blessings to your Family, and God be blessed!

Back