1 John 3:4-6

1 John 3:4-6 King James Version (KJV)
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:4-6 The Voice (VOICE)

4 Everyone who lives a life of habitual sin is living in moral anarchy. That’s what sin is.5 You realize that He came to eradicate sins, that there is not the slightest bit of sin in Him. 6 The ones who live in an intimate relationship with Him do not persist in sin, but anyone who persists in sin has not seen and does not know the real Jesus.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

4 Sin is any action that goes against God’s will; it breaks the law of the Lord. Sin is act against Him and anything that does not give praise to Him often times is sin. We are not to live a life that is dedicated to sin after we make Christ Lord it does not work that way if we serve sin then we are not serving Him.

5 Christ is sinless we are to be sinful when living for Him, we are to find freedom in our sins thru Christ not a way to keep sinning as many of us want to do and try to find ways to do but we are to give our sin up to Him.

6 If we still live for sin then it does not mean we have Christ, to have Christ shows that we have something better to our life than sin but to live for sin means that we never truly understood the blessing of Christ.

Hi Clark,
Just to add a little something to what you said.
The one thing that I am coming to see in my life is.......anything that I know is wrong but still do is sin for me in my life. If I know it is wrong then I am held accountable and therefore is sin unto me if I still do it.

This has and is changing my life. It is amazing the things that people do without any thought.

Thank you for this thread
Blessings
FCJ

Of late I am seeing things this way......
Jesus taught us or pointed out the obvious, that 'sons' have their origins in their father.
Thus in the spiritual life our son-ship is defined by the one we emulate.

John 8:39. They answered him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing the works Abraham did,

John 8:44. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

So it is clear that we have two options for son-ship; either we are sons of the devil or we are sons of God the Father.
In Jesus' model for prayer, we are instructed to start out by addressing our prayer the 'our Father'

Mat 6:9 Pray then like this: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
We need to be sure of just who our Father really is (reality check)
Well that has been a round about way of coming to this key thought...

John 5:19. So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.

I want God the Father to be my Father and I want to see things through Jesus' eyes just as he sees things from the Father's perspective.
For me personally, it is helping with compassion, getting rid of bigotry, etc. in short if I can't see the Father doing it then I ought not even contemplate it.

Thought I would bring the amplified version in.

You know that He appeared in visible form and became Man to take away [upon Himself] sins, and in Him there is no sin [essentially and forever]. No one who abides in Him [who lives and remains in communion with and in obedience to Him–deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] commits (practices) sin. No one who [habitually] sins has either seen or known Him [recognized, perceived, or understood Him, or has had an experiential acquaintance with Him].
1 John 3:5‭-‬6 AMP
http://bible.com/8/1jn.3.5-6.AMP
For me these verses also go with John 15

Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing. If a person does not dwell in Me, he is thrown out like a [broken-off] branch, and withers; such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and they are burned. If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. If you keep My commandments [if you continue to obey My instructions], you will abide in My love and live on in it, just as I have obeyed My Father's commandments and live on in His love.
John 15:4‭-‬7‭, ‬10 AMP
http://bible.com/8/jhn.15.4-10.AMP

And the blessings of abiding in Him...
The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]
John 14:21 AMP
http://bible.com/8/jhn.14.21.AMP

Blessings

Back