1 Kings 1:13-15

1 Kings 1:13-15King James Version (KJV)
13 Go and get thee in unto king David, and say unto him, Didst not thou, my lord, O king, swear unto thine handmaid, saying, Assuredly Solomon thy son shall reign after me, and he shall sit upon my throne? why then doth Adonijah reign?
14 Behold, while thou yet talkest there with the king, I also will come in after thee, and confirm thy words.
15 And Bathsheba went in unto the king into the chamber: and the king was very old; and Abishag the Shunammite ministered unto the king.

American English Bible
13 Hurry and go to King David, then say to him: O my lord the king; Didn't you swear to me (your handmaid) that my son Solomon would reign after you and sit on your throne? And if so, why is AdoniJah reigning?
14 'Then, while you're still there speaking to the king, I'll come in after you and confirm what you're saying.'
15 So, BathSheba went before the king in his bedroom.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 It was important to take care of the problem right away. This ways dividing the country and could destroy it if left unchecked. There are times we have to act right away some things are not to be put off but some things are left for after the important things are taken care of. We need to know by following God what to take care of right away and what is best to wait for. Jesus said we should not make vows or promises but if we do we need to live up to them. David did not know what his son was doing due to his sickness and him being bed ridden.

14 He knew it was important for her to go to the king first and then him to speak God’s words. Sometimes we need to hear truth or bad news from those close to s before we hear it from a man of God. David would have been in a state that he may have not been able to physically handle the news from the prophet first but have it eased to him first by his love.

15 He had a caretaker someone helping him with things he no longer could do such as getting out of bed this would have been like a personally nurse or someone who has help in a nursing home, this shows and explains how his condition. At this point David may have not come out of his chambers much.

Back