1 Kings 1:36-37

1 Kings 1:36-37King James Version (KJV)
36 And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada answered the king, and said, Amen: the Lord God of my lord the king say so too.
37 As the Lord hath been with my lord the king, even so be he with Solomon, and make his throne greater than the throne of my lord king David.

American English Bible
36 And BenaiJah (the son of JehoiAda) answered the king and said: 'May it be so! May Jehovah, the God of my lord the king, make it so! 37 And as Jehovah was with my lord the king, let Him be with Solomon… and may He raise his throne even higher than the throne of my lord, King David.'

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

36 He knew served the king but hat God wanted came first and would not be something he would have went against the friends we have should be loyal if we are going with God but should speak up and not support us if we are going against God. God will need to follow even when it is hard to do and even when we want something different.

37 He knew that the Lord had been with David, people should be able to see that the Lord is with us by the fruit He is bearing thru us. We should also want the Lord to with others as He is with us, we are not to want or think someone is beyond God’s reach or think people are unworthy to come to Christ, we are all unworthy to come to Christ that is why it is called grace. Solomon’s throne would become greater.

Back