1 Kings 3:13-14

1 Kings 3:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.

14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

An American English Bible
With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

13 And even what you didn't ask for, I've given to you… including wealth and glory; for there has never been a king like you. 14 And if you do things My way and obey My Commandments and instructions, as did your father David, I will also grant you a long life.'

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 God blessed him because he wanted what was best for the kingdom and not what was best for him, the kingdom would not be any stronger than it was under Solomon and would not have that much wealth and power ever again. The kingdom would divide after Solomon which would make sure it would become that strong again. We as Christians will be blessed for consider everyone when we ask God for something but we should always try to follow His will.

14 Solomon would do this for a time but he would end seeking happiness in everything but God and this would make Solomon very unhappy.

Back