1 Kings 3:16-17

1 Kings 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 Then came there two women, that were harlots, unto the king, and stood before him.

17 And the one woman said, O my lord, I and this woman dwell in one house; and I was delivered of a child with her in the house.

An American English Bible
With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

16 Well, sometime thereafter, two women who were prostitutes came to stand before the king for a [judgment]. 17 One of the women said, 'Hear me, my lord! This woman and I both live in the same house, and we both gave birth to [babies] there.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

16 This shows the situations the king would have to deal with because of his great wisdom. These women both were sinful because of what they did. For the king to allow these women to come before shows mercy to them, the king could have chosen not to because what type of women they are.

17 For them being whores to give birth to a kid would have perhaps been the end of the way they lived or a temporary stop. We should show mercy and try to help those who need it when they come to us instead of looking down on them, Jesus showed us mercy and we need to be able to do the same with others but always point them to the Lord.

1 Kings 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 Then came there two women, that were harlots, unto the king, and stood before him.

17 And the one woman said, O my lord, I and this woman dwell in one house; and I was delivered of a child with her in the house.

An American English Bible
With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

16 Well, sometime thereafter, two women who were prostitutes came to stand before the king for a [judgment]. 17 One of the women said, 'Hear me, my lord! This woman and I both live in the same house, and we both gave birth to [babies] there.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

16 This shows the situations the king would have to deal with because of his great wisdom. These women both were sinful because of what they did. For the king to allow these women to come before shows mercy to them, the king could have chosen not to because what type of women they are.

17 For them being whores to give birth to a kid would have perhaps been the end of the way they lived or a temporary stop. We should show mercy and try to help those who need it when they come to us instead of looking down on them, Jesus showed us mercy and we need to be able to do the same with others but always point them to the Lord.

Amen Brother Clark for Jesus came to save us not condemn us as the old laws would have.
This is why I think many churches struggle with certain types of people sitting in their pews.
On one hand you want them there to give them every opertunity to except Christ but then on the other hand you want to keep some things out of the pews for it is sin.

To me we are to love them no matter what but this does not say we have to like them or what they do or encourage them in what they do BUT it is NOT our job to change them but to lead them to Christ and God the Father will do all the changing in them He wants.
Thank you for the post
God Bless
Jim

Amen Brother Clark for Jesus came to save us not condemn us as the old laws would have.
This is why I think many churches struggle with certain types of people sitting in their pews.
On one hand you want them there to give them every opertunity to except Christ but then on the other hand you want to keep some things out of the pews for it is sin.

To me we are to love them no matter what but this does not say we have to like them or what they do or encourage them in what they do BUT it is NOT our job to change them but to lead them to Christ and God the Father will do all the changing in them He wants.
Thank you for the post
God Bless
Jim

Jim, how do you answer this?

1Cor5v1It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

Jim, how do you answer this?

1Cor5v1It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.
Francis like this................ ; )
He was referring to Brothers or those who claim to be walking with God such as you or me and were living this way. In the post you quoted I was talking about those who are not yet saved. There is a huge difference here. Even Pauls says that he was talking about brothers in the Lord for you would have to leave this world to not associate with such people.

Two different class of people being talked about in these two post.
That about cover it ? lol
Blessings
Jim

Francis like this................ ; )
He was referring to Brothers or those who claim to be walking with God such as you or me and were living this way. In the post you quoted I was talking about those who are not yet saved. There is a huge difference here. Even Pauls says that he was talking about brothers in the Lord for you would have to leave this world to not associate with such people.

Two different class of people being talked about in these two post.
That about cover it ? lol
Blessings
Jim
I was hoping that would be your answer Jim. Just testing LOL.
Nevertheless, the point you and Paul make is invariably missing in the debate. People always proclaim that Jesus accepted everyone who came to him, which is patently not true. Just look at the way he dealt with the Pharisees, Jesus gave them an appalling time.
The difference was that they remained proud and arrogant. The thieves and prostitutes that came to Jesus came in humility and repentance, not pride.
We need to be careful to distinguish between the two types otherwise we will be building a church on a rotten foundation by welcoming anyone who is looking for justification for their sin, rather than help and healing. As Paul said, "Know ye not, a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump."
To me it seems that most churches today are well inflated by leaven where they have changed their gospel to accommodate the latest trend in immorality.

I was hoping that would be your answer Jim. Just testing LOL.
Nevertheless, the point you and Paul make is invariably missing in the debate. People always proclaim that Jesus accepted everyone who came to him, which is patently not true. Just look at the way he dealt with the Pharisees, Jesus gave them an appalling time.
The difference was that they remained proud and arrogant. The thieves and prostitutes that came to Jesus came in humility and repentance, not pride.
We need to be careful to distinguish between the two types otherwise we will be building a church on a rotten foundation by welcoming anyone who is looking for justification for their sin, rather than help and healing. As Paul said, "Know ye not, a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump."
To me it seems that most churches today are well inflated by leaven where they have changed their gospel to accommodate the latest trend in immorality.

Francis Hello,
I hope you were expecting this one too. lol
The Pharisees and other such temple people once again CLAIMED to be Godly or of God or in Right Standing with God from within all there jewish man made laws in which they stumbled with.

So once again it comes down to those who are saved or claim to be and those who are lost and have no clue. Yes people tended to be humble around Jesus, hmm now why does this not surprise me ? LOL They are also humble and nise to those who treat them with respect and NO JUDGEMENT.

We must really look at the whole picture when looking into this.
Blessings my Freind
Jim

Back