1 Kings 3:20-22

1 Kings 3:20-22 King James Version (KJV)

20 And she arose at midnight, and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.

21 And when I rose in the morning to give my child suck, behold, it was dead: but when I had considered it in the morning, behold, it was not my son, which I did bear.

22 And the other woman said, Nay; but the living is my son, and the dead is thy son. And this said, No; but the dead is thy son, and the living is my son. Thus they spake before the king.

An American English Bible
With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

20 So she got up in the middle of the night and took my son from my arms and put him to her breasts; then she took her son that had died and laid him at my breasts. 21 Well, when I got up in the morning to nurse my son, I saw the one that had died; but I studied him and realized that this wasn't my son to whom I had given birth.'

22 Well, the other woman shouted: 'That isn't true! My son is the one that's living, and hers is the son that's dead!'

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

20 This was just what she knew happened but it not be proven, today’s time a blood test would have been done if this happened.

21 A mother most often times knows her own children, they would have looked different she would have known that face, she most likely was fearful and then realized the baby was not hers and then fearfully wondered where her baby was.

22 This was one woman’s word against another’s it could not have been proven, for many this would be an impossible situation to answer.

Back