1 Kings 3:25-26

1 Kings 3:25-26 King James Version (KJV)

25 And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other.

26 Then spake the woman whose the living child was unto the king, for her bowels yearned upon her son, and she said, O my lord, give her the living child, and in no wise slay it. But the other said, Let it be neither mine nor thine, but divide it.

An American English Bible
With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

25 Then he said, 'Cut this living, nursing child in halves, and give half to this one and the other half to that one!'

26 Well, the real mother of the living son spoke to the king, because she was disturbed to the womb about what was going to happen to her son. So she said: 'Hear me, O lord! Give the child to her… don't kill it!'

These are my thoughts, please share your thoughts.

25 This would of course kill the baby, this may have been at the time the only option that could be made, there was no way to know other then ask God’s prophet, Solomon used his wisdom that God gave him.

26 This is a good mother to be willing to give up her child to allow it to live even though she would give the child to an unfit mother who was willing to let the child die. The woman is shows some anger and vengeance towards this woman which is shown by how she reacts to her kid. Are we vengeful to where we want harm on everything they have vengeance is the Lord’s, not ours.

Back