2 Cor 5:8 study

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your theology you will never be able to reconcile how a Christian can be sitting on the right hand of God in Christ in Heaven. Your theology will not allow you to get it right. This is beyond your understanding. We are talking about spiritual things and you are talking about physical things. The natural man can not receive the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolish to him, neither can he know them for they are spiritually understood.

And I'm telling you, you are taking Eph 2:6 out of context, big time.

No, the whole body, spirit and soul of Jesus is sitting on His throne. HIS body was resurrected, our body will be resurrected at the first resurrection. Eph 2:6 is talking about heavenly realms in the Holy Spirit brother as we walk on this earth.
You are right, it is our "body" that will be resurrected not our spirit which is what we are. Who is the body of Christ here on this earth? We are who are living in these temporary physical bodies. Who is the body of Christ in Heaven right now? Who's body are we in? We are in Jesus Christ in Heaven, and he has a super natural spiritual body. Jesus Christ is our body in Heaven!!!! We are his body on earth!!!!
Someday we will receive a new super natural body of our own where in our spirit dwells forever!!!

You are right, it is our "body" that will be resurrected not our spirit which is what we are. Who is the body of Christ here on this earth? We are who are living in these temporary physical bodies. Who is the body of Christ in Heaven right now? Who's body are we in? We are in Jesus Christ in Heaven, and he has a super natural spiritual body. Jesus Christ is our body in Heaven!!!! We are his body on earth!!!!
Someday we will receive a new super natural body of our own where in our spirit dwells forever!!!

Correct, but when we die as soul and spirit we are only sleeping in Jesus awaiting the first resurrection.

I am not taking anything out of context, you are simply not believing the Word of God.

Eph 2:6 has Holy Spirit written all over it. It has nothing to do with the afterlife. Do a study brother. I challenge you.

Eph 2:6 has Holy Spirit written all over it. It has nothing to do with the afterlife. Do a study brother. I challenge you.
Brother I have been studying this scripture for almost 40 years. There is no way it does not talk about what and where the Church is today.

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

It is very simple, you either believe it, or you don't believe it. There are no hidden secret messages in this verse. It is all self explanatory.

Brother I have been studying this scripture for almost 40 years. There is no way it does not talk about what and where the Church is today.

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

It is very simple, you either believe it, or you don't believe it. There are no hidden secret messages in this verse. It is all self explanatory.

Yes, and where does his Grace come from. From the river of life in us brother, through the Holy Spirit.

It talks about the blessings of the Holy Spirit that dwells inside us. It has absolutely nothing to do with the afterlife.

But how do we do that without the breath of life in us. I don't think "breath" has hands, eyes and feet. Right?

Bring a celphone home from the store and lay it on the table and everything is in it but life it's self. Now plug it in and charge it and it will come to life.

Bring a celphone home from the store and lay it on the table and everything is in it but life it's self. Now plug it in and charge it and it will come to life.

Yes, and we will come to life at the first resurrection. They came to life...

Rev 20:4 NIV I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I agree we do inherit the kingdom when we're born again, but scripture specifically states that the breath of life is removed upon death. How are we awake in heaven without the breath of life?
Breath and life.........is what the human body or earth suit lives on. The spirit body needs none of it.

Eph 2:6 is out of context. He is talking about heavenly realms in the Holy Spirit, having a relationship with God on this earth.

Eph 2:6 NIV And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

2:6 is out of context. He is talking about heavenly realms in the Holy Spirit, having a relationship with God on this earth.
Actually that is not true. Our spirit beings are already in Heaven when we became boern again we were deployed from Heaven...........

Well, it's not breath and life. It's rather breath of life. How does breath and wind have a body, eyes, hands, feet, legs etc..
Breath of life is not our spirit man.....I give up. You believe what you want and we shall believe what we want and one day maybe we all will believe what God wants. ;)

2:6 is out of context. He is talking about heavenly realms in the Holy Spirit, having a relationship with God on this earth.
Actually that is not true. Our spirit beings are already in Heaven when we became boern again we were deployed from Heaven...........

Our spirit beings have access to heaven. We are not in heaven.

But we are not sleeping ! :barefoot:

Scripture says we sleep, but we're actually not? How does that work.

Breath of life is not our spirit man.....I give up. You believe what you want and we shall believe what we want and one day maybe we all will believe what God wants. ;)

And the only reason we have a spirit man is because of the breath of life given to us as a gift.

Man is a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body. At the first resurrection the body is raised and changed, but the spirit is the same living spirit we have always had.
If we did not have this earth suit called a human body we would have to live in the 2nd or 3rd heaven......but God created earth and man to dwell here so He gave us this earth suit called a body and breathed life into it...The human body has a heart and blood and so on. A spirit being does not. So life is in the blood and and God breathed life into the blood.

Job 14:12 NIV so he lies down and does not rise; till the heavens are no more, people will not awake or be roused from their sleep.
Psalm 13:3 NIV Look on me and answer, LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
Matt 9:23-24 NIV When Jesus entered the synagogue leader’s house and saw the noisy crowd and people playing pipes, 24he said, “Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep.” But they laughed at him.
Acts 7:54-60 NIV When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. 55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” 57At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.
1 Cor 15:50-54 NIV I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
2 Cor 5:1-10 NIV For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. 6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7For we live by faith, not by sight. 8We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
1 Thess 4:14 NIV For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

Why did Jesus say the girl is only a sleep ? They all knew she had died. Jesus also chased all the people of no faith and doubt and unbelief away and then spoke life back into the girl.
The sleep Jesus mentions is not your sleep that you think we sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back