2. God`s Prophetic Calendar. B. The Day of the Lord. (Lining up of the Nations)

THE DAY OF THE LORD.

I believe this has to do with Israel & the nations & that it is invariably connected with the wrath of God poured out in judgment on an unbelieving world. I see that it refers to that period from the termination of `The Day of Christ,` through the tribulation and the Millennium & terminating with the creation of the New Heavens & earth which I believe precludes `The Day of God.`

……I…..(Day of Christ)…….I…………(Day of the Lord)………..I….(Day of God)………….>

`For you yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For while they say, “Peace & safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labour pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light…` (1 Thess. 5: 2 – 5)

`But the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, & the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth & the works that are in it will be burned up. ` (2 Peter 3: 10)

The Lord – Gk. `kurios` meaning supreme in authority – God, Lord, master.

Now before the Day of the Lord, I believe there will be some Preliminary Events. The first I see, is the lining up of the nations. I will present my thoughts & then see what you think.

The Lining up of Nations.

The nations have been promised by God the Father as Jesus Christ`s inheritance.

`You are my Son,…ask of me & I will give the nations for your inheritance, & the ends of the earth for your possession.` (Ps. 2: 7 & 8)

God the Father then tells His Son to wait at His right hand till He brings the nations to a position ready for Christ to judge them.

`The LORD (God the Father) said to my Lord, (Jesus Christ), “Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool,”` (Ps. 110: 1)

Footstool – Heb. `regel` meaning possession.

Now I believe that God`s word tells us who these great Federations of nations are, what order they arose in & how they operate.

The prophet Zechariah saw four spirits of heaven who were sent to bring the nations to judgment. He was told that they are the four spirits of heaven who operate in the realm of the predominant powers of the earth. (Zech. 6: 1 – 8)

The prophet Daniel also saw these four spirits (winds – ruwach) of heaven which stirred up the Great Sea & revealed four great Federations of nations. He was shown their `beastly` characters, designated by animal emblems. (Dan. 7: 1 – 8)

Later the Apostle John was shown these same four Federations, I believe, & their positions ready for judgment. (Rev. 6: 1 – 8)

I will compare the two visions, (Daniel & John) & I believe the similarity is significantly obvious & conclusive. I will just do the first three to start with.

REVELATION 6: 2 – 6

1. White Horse

Only one crowned – Monarchy

Conquering to conquer – Imperialistic.

2. Red Horse

Take away peace.

Given an executioners sword.

3. Black Horse

Pair of balances (scales) measurement of produce

Denoting a market economy.

By Comparison DANIEL 7: 4 – 6

1. Lion

Britain Monarchy Imperialistic.

2. Bear

Soviet Communists.

History of wars, confrontations & invasions.

KGB executions estimated at 40 million people.

3. Leopard

European Economic Market.

Thus I see that these three great Power blocs have arisen in their order & described by the prophets as to what we see today. They are the Super Powers of our time & foretold by God who is lining them up for judgment by His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.

It continues to amaze me the great detail God has in His word. Comparing Rev. 6 & Dan. 7 the similarities are very compelling.

REVELATION 6

1. The White Horse

`And I looked, & behold, a white horse. And he who sat on it had a bow & a crown was given to him, & he went out conquering & to conquer.` (Rev. 6: 2)

Only one crowned – Monarchy

Conquering & to conquer – Imperialistic.

Bow – no arrows – unarmed.

Comparing DANIEL 7
  1. The Lion

`The first (beast) was like a lion, & had eagle`s wings. I watched till its wings were plucked off; & it was lifted up from the earth & made to stand on two feet like a man, & a man`s heart was given to it.` (Dan. 7: 4)

The lion is the symbol of Royal Sovereignty & the eagle of Imperial power.

`The wings plucked off` is a fascinating double reference –
  1. The empire lost its capacity for imperialistic expansion.

2. Part of the empire became a separate nation with the eagle as its emblem.

`It was made to stand on two feet like a man; & a man`s heart was given it.`

Here we see transformation. At first the empire had been that of a powerful beast, imperialistically conquering, dominating & colonizing. Suddenly there is a remarkable change to the higher qualities of the spirit of man. In political language, co-existing in freedom, peace & equality with its former dominions. An empire becomes a Commonwealth of nations.

H.M. Queen Elizabeth 2 as Head of the Commonwealth, said –

`The Commonwealth bears no resemblance to the empires of the past. It is an entirely new conception built on the highest qualities of the Spirit of Man: Friendship, loyalty & the desire for freedom & peace.`

Thus to me the white horse & the lion symbolic pictures are showing the first super power to emerge on the world scene – the British Commonwealth & the American Eagle who is a dominant & integral part of this powerful confederacy.

This is I believe, the first federation of nations that God the Father is bringing to judgment.

When looking at the next great Federation of nations described by John & Daniel, we see that it is a very blood thirsty `beast.`

REVELATION 6

`When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come & see.” And another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, & that people should kill one another; & there was given to him a great sword.` (Rev. 6: 3 & 4)

Take away peace & given an executioners sword.

Comparing DANIEL 7

`And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, & had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said thus to it: “Arise, devour much flesh!”` (Dan. 7: 5)

The next great Federation after the British Empire was the Soviet Union, (communist). They arose after the First World War & have a history of wars, confrontations & invasions. The KGB executed an estimate 40 million people in prisons & concentration camps.

The Apostle John & the prophet Daniel were clearly shown this great Federation but saw it with different symbols. The `beastly` character is shown by the `devouring bear,` while the man on the horse with the sword reveals man`s demonic desire for `blood.`

Even though the monolithic Soviet Bear has disintegrated the Russian Federation is still of the same philosophy & ambitions. The prophet Ezekiel actually saw a vision of this great Federation when it tries to come down & wipe out Israel. The three `ribs` nations not in the Federation are with it & Ezekiel names them - Persia, (Iran) Ethiopia & Libya. (Ez. 38: 5) When the `bear` moves with those 3 nations (ribs) then we know that WW3 is about to happen.

The third great Federation after the British Commonwealth/America & the Russian Federation is the European Union. It has grown remarkably since its beginnings after WW2. At that time Europe was decimated & had no power, but the Allies (Great Britain & America) gave it power & helped it to rebuild.

This was done through the European Coal & Steel Community which then became the EEC, the European Economic Community (the Common Market) till finally today we have the EU, the European Union with 27 countries involved & a common currency.

God`s word, I believe has the exact details to pinpoint this great Federation we see today.

REVELATION 6

`When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come & see.” And I looked, & behold, a black horse, & he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “ A quart of wheat for a denarius, & three quarts of barley for a denarius; & do not harm the oil & the wine.` (Rev. 6: 5 & 6)

Pair of balances (scales) measurement of produce, denoting a market economy.

Comparing DANIEL 7

`After this I looked, & there was another, (beast) like a leopard, which had on its back four wings of a bird. The beast also had four heads, & dominion was given to it.` (Dan. 7: 6)

The Leopard symbol has a direct connection to Europe, as they were used on their banners & shields in wars.

`The beast also had four heads,.... (Dan. 7: 6)

The four heads on this beast denote a multiplicity of authority or government who are united in a common purpose. Six countries of Europe agreed to a commercial unity of purpose in a common market. However at the time of inauguration, three of these countries, combined their representation & voting, into one entity called `Benelux.` 4 Heads - France, Germany, Italy & Benelux - (Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg)

`Dominion was given to it.` (Dan. 7: 6)

Each of the foundation countries were defeated & powerless at the conclusion of World War 2. However authority as independent nations was granted by favour of the Allies.

This to me quite clearly reveals the third great Federation of our time – the European Union.

So we see these 3 great Federations of our time & their recognizable emblems -

1. Britain & the Commonwealth, (Lion) & America, (Eagle)

2. The Russian Federation, (Bear).

3. The European Union, (Leopard).

The world calls them part of the Big 4 or Quartet of Power. The fourth one is the UN (United Nations) which actually is controlled by the three great Federations.

I thought it would be interesting to see where these great powers fit in the Global scene.

G7 /8
  1. United Kingdom & Canada, (Lion), United States, (Eagle)

2. France, Germany & Italy, (EU) (Leopard)

3. Russia. (Bear)

4. Japan.

These countries are the 7 major advanced economies of the world.

G20 – includes the G7/8 & 12 other countries.
After the 2008 Global economic crisis the G 20 was enlarged with politicians & treasurers included. The G 7 nations are the controlling group within that G 20 nations & thus we see who is guiding & controlling their agenda towards their global government.

Now for there to be a global government there needs to be a global monetary system with a global central bank. This is the stage they are at in their economic agenda & there is a huge shift about to occur in regards to that. I will write on that later.

The United Nations – It is an Intergovernmental organisation to promote international co-operation. It is controlled by the Security Council which is mainly the members of the G7/8 again. (United Kingdom, (Lion) America,(Eagle) France, (Leopard) Russia, (Bear) & China)

And from the UN we can see that its tentacles reach out to all aspects of our society. The moral values of the UN are requirements in schools, hospitals, work places etc

So the G7/8 is the greatest rulers (or rather those behind the scene, as the leaders come & go when elected etc).

After WW2 the allies (Great Britain & America) established different groups, forums & institutions that they wanted to use to rule the world. Over time they are gradually bringing these forward to centre stage as the answer to our problems.

So when we had the GFC (Global Financial Crisis) in 2008 it was decided that the Group of 20 (G20) of financial leaders would be accompanied by the Political leaders of those countries. Thus we have a potentially powerful G20. They quickly decided that for the Global financial system not to fail, it needed great rules & regulations. So they empowered a Forum to become a Board with legal teeth. It is called the FSB, (the Financial Stability Board).

They have great power over all financial institutions such as, insurance, lending, & all typed of financial operations. They make the rules & see that these institutions carry them out.

Then after the next Global Crisis, coming up soon, the G 20 will empower the IMF, (the International Monetary Fund), to become the World`s Central Bank. At the moment this institution operates lending to the greatest powers, but soon it will have the power to create money & lend money, as a bank.

This will shift the financial power from the USA to the IMF run by the G20, (or rather those behind the scenes).

Now the IMF – The International Monetary Fund.

This is an international organisation of 188 countries. It oversees the international monetary & financial system & monitors the economic & financial policies of its member countries.

It`s headquarters are based in Washington USA but is worldwide. It is run by a board of Governors with Christine Lagarde (France) as the Managing Director.

The IMF is one of the key organisations of the international economic system & its influence in the global economy has steadily increased as it accumulated more members.

It is run by an executive board –

`UK, (Lion) USA, (Eagle) (also called the merchants of Tarshish & all their young lions – Ezekiel 38: 13)

Germany & France, (Leopard - EU)

Russian Federation, (Bear)

Japan & China,(kings of the East – Rev. 16: 12)

& Saudi Arabia, (Sheda & Dedan – Ezekiel 38: 13 - great mates with UK & USA.) `

All mentioned in God`s word.

Next – the SDR`s The Special Drawing Rights – their claim to currency.

Back