2013 Prophecy

Hi Major. I had a good time thanks, you?

The SIGN gifts were given to the ELEVEN

Don't you think thats a longshot? as we can surely do all and more then them in Christ.

I think you are just really frustrated with all the false prophets boastfully claiming these signs.

OK, but again you interpret sections of scripture to support the notion that these things have ended.
Many others here have said that the lists you present are in no way all inclusive, yet you state that they are.

What do you say about a monk, an old servant of God, who actually has the gift of prophesy?
When it comes down to it, interpretation of scripture must bow to reality.

Glomung...........Please do not confuse me with Bible scholars and experts of the Scriptures my dear friend. I am none of those things. I am just an old country boy. No more no less and proud of it!

I am simply posting what I have learned over the years through Bible study and my comments are just that...mine.

Any one can simply say..........."Major, I do not agree with you".

My answer would be................God love ya man and you may be right. See ya later".

I do not say anything about a monk who actually has the gift of prophecy. My only thought would be............
How does one know that said monk "Acutally has the gift of prophecy".
I would say that he would have to prove it!....Not one in 10 or 9 out of ten but he must be correct 100% of the time and it would have to be validated.
That my friend would be reality as you just said.

God love man.......see ya later!

Hi Major. I had a good time thanks, you?

Don't you think thats a longshot? as we can surely do all and more then them in Christ.

I think you are just really frustrated with all the false prophets boastfully claiming these signs.

Yes, we had all our children and grandchildren over and my wife was in her glory, cookong and giving out presents and taking pictures.

Now, Do I think it is a long shot???
NOPE!

Am I frustrated with false prophets?
Now, aren't you just as frustrated???? REALLY, I believe all believers are frustrated at those who are fraudes, liars and theifs whose only purpose is to fleece the flock.
I do not think I am any more frustrated than anyother believer. But that is just my opinion.

Remember, the days the apostles lived were wild. Lions roamed the land, snakes were everywhere and there was no clean drinking water in the wilderness. God gave those ELEVEN those gifts to protect them and help them in there travels to spread the gospel message.

Now if it is a longshot............why do you think Mark and Matthew stated clearly that Jeus was speaking directly to the ELEVEN.

Now to confirm that.....allow mw to quote Hebrews 2:1-4........
"Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?"

Notice that IMO the phrase "and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him".

If that does NOT tell us that the SIGN gifts were given to the ELEVEN in Matthew and Mark.......who then is the "WE" referred to in verse #1. The ELEVEN were personally comissioned by the Lord Jesus and it was THEM who heard Him speak to TEHM.

And what did the Lord Jesus give to THEM ..................
God also bearing THEM witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost.

Please take time to study these verses in depth and if you do not agree...............I still love ya man!!!!

Hi Major. I actually did go back this morning and go through 1 Cor. 13. In the greater scheme of things 1 Cor. 13 falls within a larger passage of scripture whereby Paul discusses the gifts of the Spirit within context of the Corinthian church who as we know were abusing the gifts in their worship.

Now focussing closer on 1 Cor. 13 . The whole chapter's main purpose was to describe the greatest gift "Love". Nowhere in the passage is the completion of scripture referred to directly or indirectly. Actually at the time of writing Paul probably did not even know his writings would be part of scripture, in fact the apostles acknowledged the OT as the complete Word of God - so if Paul was referring to that which is complete or to that which is perfect, I dont think he was referring to scripture but to LOVE. He was referring to when we are perfected in Love or completed in love, that is why it is used in the neuter. Your use of hermeneutics is better than mine, but if you substitute the concept Love into your exegesis then it also makes perfect sense.

We mature in love from infancy as we grow as Christians - when Christ returns only then will we be perfected in love.

Love is the greatest gift and when we are perfected in it there will be no need for other spiritual gifts because we will Love like Jesus!

Kevin.............IMO Paul is teaching us through "COMPARRISON".

He is comparring the signs and gifts being done in Corinth with the need to have LOVE.

The chapter is NOT about love but comparring it to gifts which those people were longing to have.
Paul said about those gifts.............

verse 2..."" And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."

Now WHY should they covet LOVE and not gifts???????????

Because....."Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Well, we can discuss this all you want, but there it is in the black and white. Love will never fails or ends.............., BUT THE GIFTS WILL.

WHEN........
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away."
We may have to stand in disagreement on this and if we do, it will not divide us ............I still love ya!

KingJ brought up a good point that is often glossed over.
There are many who are given particular spiritual gifts, but they may only be used at God's discretion.

God will not allow anyone to use His gifts to further their own vanity or line their own pockets.

KingJ brought up a good point that is often glossed over.
There are many who are given particular spiritual gifts, but they may only be used at God's discretion.

God will not allow anyone to use His gifts to further their own vanity or line their own pockets.

Have you heard of Robert Tilton?

Have you heard of Oral Roberts?

Have you heard of Benny Hinn?

Have you heard of Richard Tilton?

Corruption has skyrocketed in every sector of our society. And the Christian religion is not an exception. A good number of the Christian leadership have been caught in corruption, hypocrisy and lies; deceiving us, and much worse, trying to deceive God himself.

Televangelism has become a business, where preachers work towards better rating and more donations. It takes the Scriptures out of context to manipulate people to give, often beyond their means. It is estimated to be a several billion dollars business that preys on the elderly (mostly women), the poor, the biblically illiterate, and the desperate; all in the name of God. And it is not just a handful of television preachers, it is most of them. One reason is that there is no accountability for televangelists. If you sent money to any of them, you most likely helped that particular preacher to pay for his jet or his mansion.

Please refer to.....
http://thewordonthewordoffaithinfob...he-flock-how-corrupt-is-christian-television/

I ad that so as to comply with our mods request that we not fabricate anything. That link lists real TV interviews and facts not opinions.

Major, I agree completely.

Though I would doubt that any of those mentioned actually have any spiritual gifts, they just put on a good show and fleece the rubes.

Kevin.............IMO Paul is teaching us through "COMPARRISON".

He is comparring the signs and gifts being done in Corinth with the need to have LOVE.

The chapter is NOT about love but comparring it to gifts which those people were longing to have.
Paul said about those gifts.............

verse 2..."" And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."

Now WHY should they covet LOVE and not gifts???????????

Because....."Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Well, we can discuss this all you want, but there it is in the black and white. Love will never fails or ends.............., BUT THE GIFTS WILL.

WHEN........
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away."
We may have to stand in disagreement on this and if we do, it will not divide us ............I still love ya!

Nope it will not divide us, it is good to discuss these things.

Have you heard of Robert Tilton?

Have you heard of Oral Roberts?

Have you heard of Benny Hinn?

Have you heard of Richard Tilton?

Corruption has skyrocketed in every sector of our society. And the Christian religion is not an exception. A good number of the Christian leadership have been caught in corruption, hypocrisy and lies; deceiving us, and much worse, trying to deceive God himself.

Televangelism has become a business, where preachers work towards better rating and more donations. It takes the Scriptures out of context to manipulate people to give, often beyond their means. It is estimated to be a several billion dollars business that preys on the elderly (mostly women), the poor, the biblically illiterate, and the desperate; all in the name of God. And it is not just a handful of television preachers, it is most of them. One reason is that there is no accountability for televangelists. If you sent money to any of them, you most likely helped that particular preacher to pay for his jet or his mansion.

Please refer to.....
http://thewordonthewordoffaithinfob...he-flock-how-corrupt-is-christian-television/

I ad that so as to comply with our mods request that we not fabricate anything. That link lists real TV interviews and facts not opinions.

I agree with you in that there are many "Christians" today running around abusing the "gifts" or fabricated gifts for their own use. But I can tell you there are genuine Christians out there using the gifts for God's glory.

If I buy a BMW and drive it around like a lunatic and get a bad name for myself and other BMW drivers, it doesnt mean they stop making BMW's or that some people drive them like gentlemen.

I agree with you in that there are many "Christians" today running around abusing the "gifts" or fabricated gifts for their own use. But I can tell you there are genuine Christians out there using the gifts for God's glory.

If I buy a BMW and drive it around like a lunatic and get a bad name for myself and other BMW drivers, it doesnt mean they stop making BMW's or that some people drive them like gentlemen.

But you see Kevin...........when men are left to their own thinking, they will fail because we are in a sin nature and when men see the ability to make money or obtain fame and power, they will and have followed that path of destruction.

But you see Kevin...........when men are left to their own thinking, they will fail because we are in a sin nature and when men see the ability to make money or obtain fame and power, they will and have followed that path of destruction.
Yup, thats why God gave us the scriptures - so we can discern the real from the false.

Back