21st century KJV~opinions please?

violet

Inactive

I like the KJV only and would like some opinions on this one~
TIA

Just wondering if this is as original?
Has it changed any meaning as some translations have done?

Most people I talk to prefer the modern vernacular to the thees and thous!

I rather like 21st century KJV, it is easier to understand and the meaning is still the same. Just like any other version we can always cross reference.

Just wondering if this is as original?
Has it changed any meaning as some translations have done?

What a coincidence violet! - I just read about this two days ago. Current printings of the King James Bible are typically based on an edition published at the University of Oxford in 1769, edited by Benjamin Blayney, and contain substantially the same text; however, there are a number of differences between the 1769 and the 1611.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heauen, and the Earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without forme, and voyd, and darkenesse was vpon the face of the deepe: and the Spirit of God mooued vpon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God diuided the light from the darkenesse.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

I think the NKJV has just cleaned up on some of the archaic old English just like the 1769 did - I like it.

Thank you, everyone! My Bible is so old that I scratched off my 1st married name ages ago and I have been divorced for 24 years (and remarried for 21) !

I believe the best way to study the Bible is to compare several versions. I like to use www.BibleGateway.com because you can easily switch between versions at the click of a button.

When you read the Word, compare several versions with each other. It really helps to fully understand! An Exhaustive Concordance is awesome too! I use Strongs.

I personally think that the KJV is the best version for living a solid christian life. Those othr versions are watered down and allow too much flexibility and questions concerning Gods word, and they also take away and add to the word of God. When ever I run into something in the bible that I just dont get I ask God to open my understanding and he does just that not right then always but eventually. Also when I dont understand something such as some parts of the book of Romans I take it as okay I am not ready to understand that yet and I ask the lord to show me what I need to know for today, but again that is my take. Other versions just make me more confused and KJV is the best to me.

I personally think that the KJV is the best version for living a solid christian life. Those othr versions are watered down and allow too much flexibility and questions concerning Gods word, and they also take away and add to the word of God. When ever I run into something in the bible that I just dont get I ask God to open my understanding and he does just that not right then always but eventually. Also when I dont understand something such as some parts of the book of Romans I take it as okay I am not ready to understand that yet and I ask the lord to show me what I need to know for today, but again that is my take. Other versions just make me more confused and KJV is the best to me.

Well I would like to point out that the KJV was translated from the original greek and hebrew. The same goes for every translation, they begin with the original greek and hebrew. I think the NIV is a very good version as well and shouldn't be considered inferior to KJV. Thats why I really enjoy the Strong Concordance, because it tells you the original greek or hebrew word and gives you an expansive definition. It helps to be able to go back to the very root word and decide for yourself what you think the author is trying to convey.
But I also agree, that sometimes you're just not ready to understand a particular verse or message. God will reveal it to you when you are ready! That is why the Bible is so awesome!!

Well I would like to point out that the KJV was translated from the original greek and hebrew. The same goes for every translation, they begin with the original greek and hebrew. I think the NIV is a very good version as well and shouldn't be considered inferior to KJV. Thats why I really enjoy the Strong Concordance, because it tells you the original greek or hebrew word and gives you an expansive definition. It helps to be able to go back to the very root word and decide for yourself what you think the author is trying to convey.
But I also agree, that sometimes you're just not ready to understand a particular verse or message. God will reveal it to you when you are ready! That is why the Bible is so awesome!!

True they all do start out with the Greek and Hebrew but then the water is added and added when I didnt understand something in the KJV I bought a KJV study bible and I was set to go. I think the reason why I adore the KJV and only the KJV is because that is what I grew up on and any other bible dosent cut it for me. I recently bought a NKJV and OH MY LORD I cant stand it! There are just certain phrases in the KJV that set my soul on fire and when readying the NKJV that same wording that sets me ablaze wasnt there and I was highly upset! But I guess what works for one dosent always work for another.

:)

Back