25th December.

What is the different between 25th December known as Christmas and 25th December in Jeremiah 52:31 (The day they released king Jehoiachin from prison). Are they the same or differs?

Hello Pastor Mayende;

To the best of my knowledge, Jeremiah's ministry was from 627 - 586 B.C. King Jehoiachin's release was December 25th in the twelfth month.

Jesus was born over 550 years later on 6/5/4 B.C.

There are several theories that December 25th was the birthdate of Jesus, one of them was the declaration in the late 330s AD by Pope Julius 1 in Bethlehem, Judea. The other declaration was in 336, during the reign of the emperor Constantine and the church in Rome.

December 25th just happens to be a coincidental date of both.

God bless you, Pastor and your church family.

Anyone else?

Hello Pastor Mayende;

To the best of my knowledge, Jeremiah's ministry was from 627 - 586 B.C. King Jehoiachin's release was December 25th in the twelfth month.

There are several theories that December 25th was the birthdate of Jesus, one of them was the declaration in the late 330s AD by Pope Julius 1 in Bethlehem, Judea. The other declaration was in 336, during the reign of the emperor Constantine and the church in Rome.

Anyone else?
I've got Dec 27th....kind of

2 Kings 25: 27: Now it came to pass in the thirty-seventh year of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the twelfth month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, that [a]Evil-Merodach king of Babylon, in the year that he began to reign, released Jehoiachin king of Judah from prison. (NKJV)

But, in Jeremiah 52:31 its: Now it came to pass in the thirty-seventh year of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the twelfth month, on the twenty-fifth day of the month, that [a]Evil-Merodach king of Babylon, in the first year of his reign, lifted[b] up the head of Jehoiachin king of Judah and brought him out of prison. (NKJV)

Rtm

Last edited:

2 Kings 25: 27: Now it came to pass in the thirty-seventh year of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the twelfth month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, that [a]Evil-Merodach king of Babylon, in the year that he began to reign, released Jehoiachin king of Judah from prison. (NKJV)

But, in Jeremiah 52:31 its: Now it came to pass in the thirty-seventh year of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the twelfth month, on the twenty-fifth day of the month, that [a]Evil-Merodach king of Babylon, in the first year of his reign, lifted[b] up the head of Jehoiachin king of Judah and brought him out of prison. (NKJV)

Rtm
Besides the Jewish calendar is based on lunar months which in no way corresponds to our Gregorian calendar.

Rtm

Hello Ray;

The reason for the two dates are referring to two different instances. On the 25th, the King of Babylon gives the decree regarding Jehoiachin king of Judah and brought him out of prison. But on the 27th, two days later Jehoiachin king of Judah was actually released from prison.

Hello Pastor Mayende;

Anyone else?
Thank u Bobinfaith,
Am poor in explaining days of the Bible, Anti-christmas they say that Jesus was not born on 25th December basing on Luke 1:26 saying that woman can't be pregnant on sixth month and give birth in December. They say that pope wanted to deceive the world. Explain to me 25th December of Christmas using the days of the Bible not pope's declaration?

What is the different between 25th December known as Christmas and 25th December in Jeremiah 52:31 (The day they released king Jehoiachin from prison). Are they the same or differs?

Jesus was not born on Dec. 25th.

Since John the Baptist was born during the Passover, then Jesus must have been born during the Feast of Tabernacles.
Passover starts on the 15th day of Nisan in the Hebrew calendar and lasts for 7 or 8 days, in April.
Feast of Tabernacles is celebrated on the 15th day of the seventh month, Tishrei and varies from late September to late October.
There are six months between both feasts, so that would make the actual birthday around October.

Luke 1:24-27.........
“(Zechariah’s) wife was expecting a baby, and for five months she did not leave the house. She said to herself, ‘What the Lord has done for me will keep people from looking down on me.’ One month later God sent the angel Gabriel to the town of Nazareth in Galilee with a message for a virgin named Mary.”

Luke 1:36.......
“Your relative Elizabeth is also going to have a son, even though she is old. No one thought she could ever have a baby, but in three months she will have a son.”

The Christmas date was borrowed from pagan celebrations. That is the date of a pagan festival of the sun god Tammuz merged with Christianity under Constantine.

Jesus was not born on Dec. 25th.

Since John the Baptist was born during the Passover, then Jesus must have been born during the Feast of Tabernacles.
Passover starts on the 15th day of Nisan in the Hebrew calendar and lasts for 7 or 8 days, in April.
Feast of Tabernacles is celebrated on the 15th day of the seventh month, Tishrei and varies from late September to late October.
There are six months between both feasts, so that would make the actual birthday around October.

Luke 1:24-27.........
“(Zechariah’s) wife was expecting a baby, and for five months she did not leave the house. She said to herself, ‘What the Lord has done for me will keep people from looking down on me.’ One month later God sent the angel Gabriel to the town of Nazareth in Galilee with a message for a virgin named Mary.”

Luke 1:36.......
“Your relative Elizabeth is also going to have a son, even though she is old. No one thought she could ever have a baby, but in three months she will have a son.”

The Christmas date was borrowed from pagan celebrations. That is the date of a pagan festival of the sun god Tammuz merged with Christianity under Constantine.
If it is true that Jesus was not born on 25th December and it's for pagans, why we born again follow and celebrate it?

If it is true that Jesus was not born on 25th December and it's for pagans, why we born again follow and celebrate it?
We don't know the actual date Jesus was born, so we turn an already pagan day and use it to celebrate the birth of our Savior. This gets people to start thinking about their pagan assumptions and hear the truth that the Savior of the world (God) has come in the form of an infant.
We could choose any day of the year to do that, but we like turning lemons into lemonade, through the proclamation of His birth while others are frolicking with tinsel gods.

That specific day was choses when the Catholic church ruled the world. It was Law then and as most RCC teaching are....."Tradition" took over and now you know the rest of the story.

The same thing applies to Easter. Easter's date has nothing to do with the actual day of resurrection.

In 325 A.D., the RCC's Council of Nicaea agreed upon the basic principles of Christianity, established a formula for the date of Easter as the Sunday following the paschal full moon, which is the full moon that falls on or after the "Spring Equinox. That means that Easter is always the first Sunday after the first full moon that falls on or after March 21. Easter can occur as early as March 22 and as late as April 25, depending on when the paschal full moon occurs.

In 325 A.D., the RCC's Council of Nicaea agreed upon the basic principles of Christianity, established a formula for the date of Easter as the Sunday following the paschal full moon, which is the full moon that falls on or after the "Spring Equinox.
I've heard the motive for that change was for the Church to distance itself from the 'Jewishness' of Judaism due to the increased antisemitic sentiment amongst the early 'church fathers'. Otherwise our Pascal (Easter) would be the Sunday after the Passover of the Jews as it happened in history.
What do you think?

I've heard the motive for that change was for the Church to distance itself from the 'Jewishness' of Judaism due to the increased antisemitic sentiment amongst the early 'church fathers'. Otherwise our Pascal (Easter) would be the Sunday after the Passover of the Jews as it happened in history.
What do you think?

I have also read that. Clearly, the historical record from the Catholic Church proves that they themselves (not Jesus Christ) chose to exercise authority to change and sever the connection of the Jewish Passover in favor of the birth date they chose. Undoubtedly, there was a long-term agenda to shift and undermine any and all associations connecting Jewish Israeli underpinnings that were foundational to the early Christian Church.

There was absolutely no authorization to change the framework of this major point of doctrine, disconnecting from Jesus Christ’s own appearance of worship exemplified by His life, habits, and customs (1 Peter 2:21; 1 John 2:6). It is important we remember: Jesus Christ never kept an Easter in His life!

Also......
Unequivocally, it is undeniable that Easter has no Biblical connection, foundation, or authority on the name of Jesus Christ that requires observance and/or recognition by any who claim Christ as their Savior.

I have also read that. Clearly, the historical record from the Catholic Church proves that they themselves (not Jesus Christ) chose to exercise authority to change and sever the connection of the Jewish Passover in favor of the birth date they chose. Undoubtedly, there was a long-term agenda to shift and undermine any and all associations connecting Jewish Israeli underpinnings that were foundational to the early Christian Church.

There was absolutely no authorization to change the framework of this major point of doctrine, disconnecting from Jesus Christ’s own appearance of worship exemplified by His life, habits, and customs (1 Peter 2:21; 1 John 2:6). It is important we remember: Jesus Christ never kept an Easter in His life!

Also......
Unequivocally, it is undeniable that Easter has no Biblical connection, foundation, or authority on the name of Jesus Christ that requires observance and/or recognition by any who claim Christ as their Savior.
Interesting…

Daniel 7:25 NKJV
[25] He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.

That specific day was choses when the Catholic church ruled the world. It was Law then and as most RCC teaching are....."Tradition" took over and now you know the rest of the story.

The same thing applies to Easter. Easter's date has nothing to do with the actual day of resurrection.

In 325 A.D., the RCC's Council of Nicaea agreed upon the basic principles of Christianity, established a formula for the date of Easter as the Sunday following the paschal full moon, which is the full moon that falls on or after the "Spring Equinox. That means that Easter is always the first Sunday after the first full moon that falls on or after March 21. Easter can occur as early as March 22 and as late as April 25, depending on when the paschal full moon occurs.
Hello major,
Am starting to agree with u slowly, but the word Gospel means the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. If u preach the Gospel and u don't mention these date it means u are preaching half Gospel. What are the correct date of birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ? And why born again follow it?
According to my understanding we are still under RCC not fully independent .

Hello major,
Am starting to agree with u slowly, but the word Gospel means the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. If u preach the Gospel and u don't mention these date it means u are preaching half Gospel. What are the correct date of birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ? And why born again follow it?
According to my understanding we are still under RCC not fully independent .

My dear brother.......dates are just that. Dates have nothing to do with the gospel.!!!

The real bottom line truth is if you carefully study the Scriptures, you will not find a specific date for the incarnation of Christ.

Luke 2:8-9............
“Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.”

With only a little study and investigation you will see that it was customary for the Jews to send their sheep to pasture from the spring until early October. As the cold winter months began, the flocks would return from the fields for shelter and warmth. Since the shepherds were still tending their flocks in the fields around Bethlehem it can be concluded that the angels announced the news of Jesus’ birth no later than October.

Again.......The exact date of Jesus’ birth may not be known, and actually has not meaning, but we can rest assured that Jesus.........
1. died for our sins (Galatians 3:13),
2. rose again (1 Corinthians 15:3-6),
3. and that He will one day come back to take us to heaven (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

We know Jesus died on a Friday and rose on a Sunday, but do we know exactly which day and year?

The brilliant Dr. Taylor Marshall, of the New St. Thomas Institute, thinks he knows the exact dates:
April 3rd, A.D. 33 for the Crucifixion, and April 5th, A.D. 33 for the Resurrection.
Source........https://www.churchpop.com/2017/04/16/can-we-determine-the-exact-date-of-christs-death-and-resurrection/#:~:text=We%20know%20Jesus%20died%20on%20a%20Friday%20and,and%20April%205th%2C%20A.D.%2033%20for%20the%20Resurrection.

Now as for the idea that we are still under the direction of the Roman Catholic Church. Now you have not given your denominational stance, but I promise you that I am a member of the Southern Baptist denomination and we are not in any way affiliated, controlled by or dependent upon the RCC.

Interesting…

Daniel 7:25 NKJV
[25] He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.

Now to conform to the sites rules, I will be careful to say that It seems to me that you "may be" trying to insinuate that there is an institution that has changed the times, and dates we see in effect today.

Now to conform to the sites rules, I will be careful to say that It seems to me that you "may be" trying to insinuate that there is an institution that has changed the times, and dates we see in effect today.
Yes I am 'insinuating' that there is an institution that is in 'sin'.

Last edited:
I think people just picked a day, because gentiles don't follow the Hebrew calendar.
Even if we celebrated on that day, it would change all the time in the Gregorian calendar, because they don't sync up. Also September, October, November and December are meant to be the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th months, cos that's the Latin for those numbers, but for some strange reason, they are not!

I could probably do some research to find out why, but let's just worry about today, not tomorrow.

It's way too early to be thinking about 25th December folks!

Back