3 days in Rome, Italy.

View attachment 8148
At peters basilica by dusk
That’s beautiful.

It must have been quite a trip. I’ve passed over and through much of Europe, but never had a chance too actually see much of anything.

Spent a lot of time at Heathrow between flights looking for real fish n’ chips, but oddly, couldn’t find any in the airport!

I saw a doco where Joanne Lumley visited some cities in Europe and Rome was one of them. Gorgeous and completely over the top! I saw the trevi fountain. They have those fountains everywhere. We have the Romans to thank for things like viaducts and running water piped straight into our homes. Oh and roads. They invented them.
Not so sure about the colisseum though and gladiators. They would feed Christians to the lions so I heard.

Of course there's the whole Book of Romans so they were very instrumental in the early church. I guess the roman catholic church emerged out of that when the emperor Constantine converted - on his deathbed? And his mother Helena went about trying to take Jerusalem and making it into a tourist town...

It does look a bit polluted tho..or is it just me? It's dusk, but it looks like it's very smoggy. Not many trees except those in the foreground..

Back