5 crowns

5 crowns

5 crowns
James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

I Corinthians 9:24 & 25 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25: And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

I Thesolonians 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

II Timothy 4:7 & 8 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day:

I Peter 5:1-4 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2: Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3: Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
4: And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

What a priviledge it will be to throw those crowns at His feet brother !:D

Wow .... Azheis... Thanks for that. I never had all the crowns put together.

1-- Crown of life
2--Incrorruptible crown
3--Crown of rejoicing
4--Crown of righteousness
5--Crown of Glory

Awesome !!

very true ,there is a race going on ,but for death.thats the strangest thing they run for death at the end.they refuse to do good ,try to make money of people and call names.funny these people and there god,how dark is that light you think you have.:)

Those are just the crowns that are mentioned! Perhaps our Lord will have more crowns in store that were not mentioned. Either way, they will all be cast at our Saviors feet. I can't wait!! :)

Crowns

Here are some more crowns listed in the Bible:
:read-bible:

The Crown of the High Priest (Ex 29:6; 39:30)
The Crown of Thorns (Mt 27:29)
The Crown of a Soul Winner ( Phil4:1; 1 Thess 2:19)
The Crown of Righteousness (2 Timothy 4:8)
The Crown of Life ( Jas 1:2; Rev. 2:10; 3:11)
The Crown of Heaven's King of Kings ( Rev. 14:14; 19:12)
The Crown of incorruption ( 1 Corinthians 9:25)
The Crown of Glory ( 1Peter 5:4)

other crowns.........

The crown of demons (Rev. 9:7)
The corwn of Satan (Rev. 12:3)
The crown of the antichrist (Rev.6:2;13:1)

Its kind of like in our Armed forces, if you serve your country you recieve ribbons/medals to wear.
So If you serve your God how much more will he be willing to give to his people.

We should strive to out do each other in humility and love.

Back