Do you think MM, that they are trying to forget being Jews so that they wont be persecuted?

I dont think that applies sister. Being Jewish depended on being born into the religion, and the Jews would only take converts very reluctantly into their faith.

I think the persecution of the Jews stems from the Biblical fact that God "chose" them as a nation going all the way back to Genesis 12 and Abraham.

If a man hates the God of the Bible, he them can use the "Jews" as a scapegoat for his anger and rejection. That is exactly what Hitler did and he was very succesful at what he did.

Of course, that is just an opinion!

I dont think that applies sister. Being Jewish depended on being born into the religion, and the Jews would only take converts very reluctantly into their faith.

I think the persecution of the Jews stems from the Biblical fact that God "chose" them as a nation going all the way back to Genesis 12 and Abraham.

If a man hates the God of the Bible, he them can use the "Jews" as a scapegoat for his anger and rejection. That is exactly what Hitler did and he was very succesful at what he did.

Should have been ....."he THEN can use the "Jews" as a scapgoat for his anger and rejection.

Do you think MM, that they are trying to forget being Jews so that they wont be persecuted?

Actually, it runs deeper than that. The haters are not persecuted in New York because they don't stand out. Those that wear the funny, fuzzy hats and have the curls and ragged strips of cloth hanging from their garments, the orthodox, they are not necessarily those who are spouting the hatred against the Jews in Israel. It's those who you could not ever differentiate from any other New Yorker. They wear plan cloths like all the rest, drink coffee at the local coffee shops, and even have a New York accent. The only way you would know they have a Jewish heritage is that they admit openly their familial lineage to Jews in past generations, and they are all mostly very white, very much like much of the Jewish population in Israel.

Most people don't realize that about half the Jews in Israel are from Russia, and therefore very light skin coloring, most of whom speak mostly Russian, which is one of the dominant languages in Israel right now. They are simply one of many groupings from the Diaspora (dispersion).

This is a complex and in-depth, historical discussion that could ensue and take up many pages in this forum. Suffice it to say that persecution is among the least of their worries who are the haters. Being on the side of Hamas, they have aligned themselves with becoming the accepted elite...in a manner of speaking...which has even deeper implications.

MM

Hmm. Perhaps on that basis, then, I have then been released from the ties for my being an Israeli since I was not born over there and have mixed blood running through my vein. Perhaps that makes me a mongrel...:eek:

MM

Back