8 Reasons

How is coming across as a religious nut a excuses?
Do not agree.
Its a reason and its one you need to find a work around for...
If you come across as a religious nut, you are adding to the hardening of their heart, your work is bad, not good..

How is coming across as a religious nut a excuses?
Do not agree.
Its a reason and its one you need to find a work around for...
If you come across as a religious nut, you are adding to the hardening of their heart, your work is bad, not good..

These are just the top 8 excuses . Some will relate to one more than another . this gives an opportunity to recognize one of these . laugh a bit maybe at the hyperbole used in the person's behavior .. and have something tangible to bring to God also if seeing how silly the excuses are .. doesn't help because it is a deep rooted fear .

all in all the example of confessing your fears to a buddy is good too .

but i thought it was funny too .

laughiqmq.gif

love30byb.gif

These are just the top 8 excuses . Some will relate to one more than another . this gives an opportunity to recognize one of these . laugh a bit maybe at the hyperbole used in the person's behavior .. and have something tangible to bring to God also if seeing how silly the excuses are .. doesn't help because it is a deep rooted fear .

all in all the example of confessing your fears to a buddy is good too .

but i thought it was funny too .
Yeah, I laughed at a few of them..
The one about not making any sense was funny and the one where he abused the guy for bumping in to him then asked someone else if he knew Jesus lol.
I just didnt agree with the religious nut one, I mean its a real problem evangelists face

There is a 9th reason.

According to 2 Corinthians 6:14 (Good News Bible) "Do not work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done."

And in verse 17: "The Lord says 'You must leave them and separate yourselves from them."

There is a 9th reason.

According to 2 Corinthians 6:14 (Good News Bible) "Do not work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done."

And in verse 17: "The Lord says 'You must leave them and separate yourselves from them."
It means do not be friends with unbelievers because you and them will share nothing in common. What can a believer and an unbeliever have in common? If you become friends with an unbeliever, you will conform to their ways. And you will not grow in faith that way. So as it says in verse 17, you separate yourselves from them and instead, you go forth to tell them the good news about Jesus and what He did for them. We are called to win souls for God, not to conform to their ways. We were once unbelievers and we don't want to be tempted into sin. It's like how a robber befriends other robbers and a painter befriends another painter. A robber and a painter won't have much in common, will they? The painter might get robbed of his possessions or he might be tempted to commit the same sin. To conform. If a fellow believer becomes friends with a drunkard who curses and swears, how long will it take the believer to do the same? And the believer will also be tempted to drink with the unbeliever, to conform back to his old life.

Jesus was not friends with practicing sinners. Jesus went to the lost sheep to bring them to repentance. And we are called to do the same. To make the blind eyes open and the deaf ears hear. People need to know the Truth. We are the light and who hides his lamp under his bed? No one. We put our lamp on the lampstand for people to see so that through our actions, they may also see. We cannot hide our faith or keep our faith to ourselves or what good are we? We are suppose to be the salt of the world but if we hide our light from the world then how can we be salt to the world? We become tasteless and useless.

It means do not be friends with unbelievers because you and them will share nothing in common. What can a believer and an unbeliever have in common? If you become friends with an unbeliever, you will conform to their ways. And you will not grow in faith that way. So as it says in verse 17, you separate yourselves from them and instead, you go forth to tell them the good news about Jesus and what He did for them. We are called to win souls for God, not to conform to their ways. We were once unbelievers and we don't want to be tempted into sin. It's like how a robber befriends other robbers and a painter befriends another painter. A robber and a painter won't have much in common, will they? The painter might get robbed of his possessions or he might be tempted to commit the same sin. To conform. If a fellow believer becomes friends with a drunkard who curses and swears, how long will it take the believer to do the same? And the believer will also be tempted to drink with the unbeliever, to conform back to his old life.

Jesus was not friends with practicing sinners. Jesus went to the lost sheep to bring them to repentance. And we are called to do the same. To make the blind eyes open and the deaf ears hear. People need to know the Truth. We are the light and who hides his lamp under his bed? No one. We put our lamp on the lampstand for people to see so that through our actions, they may also see. We cannot hide our faith or keep our faith to ourselves or what good are we? We are suppose to be the salt of the world but if we hide our light from the world then how can we be salt to the world? We become tasteless and useless.

If you become friends with an unbeliever, you will conform to their ways.
But will you conform to their ways? Perhaps they will conform to your ways. And what are their ways? I would guess that most unbelievers are ordinary people who care for their friends and family and generally lead a law-abiding life.

And you will not grow in faith that way.
Faith will wither if you become friendly with an unbeliever! My Christian mother and unbelieving father suggest that is not always the case. Her faith has never wavered.

We were once unbelievers and we don't want to be tempted into sin.
Surely most people are made of stronger stuff.

A robber and a painter won't have much in common, will they? The painter might get robbed of his possessions or he might be tempted to commit the same sin.
The painter may get robbed, but an ethical painter is unlikely to become a robber. People are not that easily led astray.

If a fellow believer becomes friends with a drunkard who curses and swears, how long will it take the believer to do the same? And the believer will also be tempted to drink with the unbeliever, to conform back to his old life.
My grandmother lived forty years with her drunken, cursing, swearing husband and remained a dear sweet tee-totaller until the day she died. [In my grandfather's defence, I will point out that he was traumatised by his war experiences and that is what led to his drinking.]

If you become friends with an unbeliever, you will conform to their ways.
But will you conform to their ways? Perhaps they will conform to your ways. And what are their ways? I would guess that most unbelievers are ordinary people who care for their friends and family and generally lead a law-abiding life.

And you will not grow in faith that way.
Faith will wither if you become friendly with an unbeliever! My Christian mother and unbelieving father suggest that is not always the case. Her faith has never wavered.

We were once unbelievers and we don't want to be tempted into sin.
Surely most people are made of stronger stuff.

A robber and a painter won't have much in common, will they? The painter might get robbed of his possessions or he might be tempted to commit the same sin.
The painter may get robbed, but an ethical painter is unlikely to become a robber. People are not that easily led astray.

If a fellow believer becomes friends with a drunkard who curses and swears, how long will it take the believer to do the same? And the believer will also be tempted to drink with the unbeliever, to conform back to his old life.
My grandmother lived forty years with her drunken, cursing, swearing husband and remained a dear sweet tee-totaller until the day she died. [In my grandfather's defence, I will point out that he was traumatised by his war experiences and that is what led to his drinking.]
I'm not going to argue with you about it. If your grandmother lived with a drunkard cursing and swearing husband and didn't conform then great but in my experience, being constantly around someone who swears, it doesn't leave a positive feel in your heart.

And you misunderstand what i said about faith withering. Faith does not wither upon being 'friendly' to an unbeliever but faith can waver upon being 'friends' with an unbeliever. For what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? An unbeliever is a practicing sinner because he is dead and doesn't know any better. "Their ways" refers to being lost. Practicing sin without knowledge of it. and we cannot let ourselves have doors opened because of it. Your faith needs to grow and it will not grow when you are friends and spend much time with a practicing sinner, being opened up to the ways of the dead body. We were once dead but now live. We do not want to be dead again and fall away. Unbelievers enjoy the vain things. Cursing, swearing, sarcasm, wrong music, wrong movies, wrong television, drinking. These are all things the devil uses in this world to bring humanity down and somebody that has not been born again is bound by these things. Slaves to sin. We as born again Christians have been freed of them and their ways are not our ways so we do not share anything in common.

Jesus was not a friend of the pharisees because they were practicing sinners. Jesus had nothing in common with them. But the prostitutes and the tax collectors, He was friends with as they knew they were ill and needed to be healed.

I'm not going to argue with you about it. If your grandmother lived with a drunkard cursing and swearing husband and didn't conform then great but in my experience, being constantly around someone who swears, it doesn't leave a positive feel in your heart.

And you misunderstand what i said about faith withering. Faith does not wither upon being 'friendly' to an unbeliever but faith can waver upon being 'friends' with an unbeliever. For what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? An unbeliever is a practicing sinner because he is dead and doesn't know any better. "Their ways" refers to being lost. Practicing sin without knowledge of it. and we cannot let ourselves have doors opened because of it. Your faith needs to grow and it will not grow when you are friends and spend much time with a practicing sinner, being opened up to the ways of the dead body. We were once dead but now live. We do not want to be dead again and fall away. Unbelievers enjoy the vain things. Cursing, swearing, sarcasm, wrong music, wrong movies, wrong television, drinking. These are all things the devil uses in this world to bring humanity down and somebody that has not been born again is bound by these things. Slaves to sin. We as born again Christians have been freed of them and their ways are not our ways so we do not share anything in common.

Jesus was not a friend of the pharisees because they were practicing sinners. Jesus had nothing in common with them. But the prostitutes and the tax collectors, He was friends with as they knew they were ill and needed to be healed.

you misunderstand what i said about faith withering
Sorry about that. You said people "will not grow in faith" and I was wrong to take it one step further and say that "faith will wither."

An unbeliever is a practicing sinner
I can go along with the idea that if unbelievers are defined as sinners, then unbelievers are sinners - their sin being unbelief - but I think it is far too much of a generalisation to say that "an unbeliever is a practicing sinner." I have heard many debates where it has been decided that if an unbeliever has never heard the word of god, then that person is not necessarily "lost", not necessarily a "practicing sinner".

Unbelievers enjoy...wrong music, wrong movies, wrong television
There are some religious people who think that ALL television is "wrong" and never watch it. In the opinion of those people, whatever YOU are watching on TV is wrong. Do you think they may be right? I guess I am trying to say is that it is all a matter of opinion - but whose opinion is valid, and why is it so?

you misunderstand what i said about faith withering
Sorry about that. You said people "will not grow in faith" and I was wrong to take it one step further and say that "faith will wither."

An unbeliever is a practicing sinner
I can go along with the idea that if unbelievers are defined as sinners, then unbelievers are sinners - their sin being unbelief - but I think it is far too much of a generalisation to say that "an unbeliever is a practicing sinner." I have heard many debates where it has been decided that if an unbeliever has never heard the word of god, then that person is not necessarily "lost", not necessarily a "practicing sinner".

Unbelievers enjoy...wrong music, wrong movies, wrong television
There are some religious people who think that ALL television is "wrong" and never watch it. In the opinion of those people, whatever YOU are watching on TV is wrong. Do you think they may be right? I guess I am trying to say is that it is all a matter of opinion - but whose opinion is valid, and why is it so?

What type of television would you think is not wrong? Feel free to post some of your favorite television shows and I will let you know what I think. I used to watch quite a bit of tv until my eyes were opened to it.

Mine too. There is so much ungodliness, carnality, bad language, not much that really edifies the spirit of man and draws him to Jesus.
Yeah, it's crazy. Television, if you let it, can harden your heart and you end up falling away. Same with music. Definitely not good! Even the Christian programs are hardly good! My fiance was watching a Christian channel about bad books and movies like harry potter and that popular vampire movie. Can't remember what it was called. But they talked about it and then SHOWED IT! They showed images of it. That is horrible! You don't show images like that on a Christian channel! You are basicly exposing people to witchcraft then. :( And then that is where demons can enter in. :( :( :(

Yeah, it's crazy. Television, if you let it, can harden your heart and you end up falling away. Same with music. Definitely not good! Even the Christian programs are hardly good! My fiance was watching a Christian channel about bad books and movies like harry potter and that popular vampire movie. Can't remember what it was called. But they talked about it and then SHOWED IT! They showed images of it. That is horrible! You don't show images like that on a Christian channel! You are basicly exposing people to witchcraft then. :( And then that is where demons can enter in. :( :( :(

I agree with you. We need to watch the music also.
And when they are teaching about something, certainly don't show what you are not suppose to watch! :eek:

I agree with you. We need to watch the music also.
And when they are teaching about something, certainly don't show what you are not suppose to watch! :eek:
Yeah they even did that in the baptist Church my fiance goes to! They had a commercial of 2 people using a weejee board (not sure how you spell it) and they did it and even joked about it after. Like they don't even realise that they just opened a door to themselves and to everyone at the church. Also you know kids want to try everything and will probably try that.

And with secular music, pretty much all of it is bad. Britney spears has a song called hit me baby one more time that if you played it backwards, has a pedophilia message. Elton John himself said he has never done a song that wasn't in witch language. That is all I want to say about it as I hate talking about it so it doesn't entertain the devil but people do need to know these things. If anyone does want to know, type in "SECULAR MUSIC UNMASKED PART 1" into Youtube.

I read that on your post about the oijah board. Its because they don't understand, they don't have the revelation of it. And too many time sad to say, they just don't get it until they get into the dark side and then its too late, they're bound and are controled by that junk.

I read that on your post about the oijah board. Its because they don't understand, they don't have the revelation of it. And too many time sad to say, they just don't get it until they get into the dark side and then its too late, they're bound and are controled by that junk.
Oooooohhhhhh, so THAT'S how you spell it!

Back