A Bible App to Add Cross References?

Yes, as I go through the books and make my markings, I print the pages and wedge them in the appropriate chapter in the Bible.

It works for me....
That would be fine but it would seem to lack the hot links to the needed verses.
Since yesterday, I noticed in Olivetree you can put a verse reference in your notes and it hot links them (a bit cumbersome), also the folks at SwordSearcher showed me how to set up your own commentary and add hot linked verses to it for each verse. Only problem with Swordsearcher is, it is mainly a Windows app. (no ipad or phone use)

That would be fine but it would seem to lack the hot links to the needed verses.
Since yesterday, I noticed in Olivetree you can put a verse reference in your notes and it hot links them (a bit cumbersome), also the folks at SwordSearcher showed me how to set up your own commentary and add hot linked verses to it for each verse. Only problem with Swordsearcher is, it is mainly a Windows app. (no ipad or phone use)

I put the verses in my notes as well. They are not linked though, but could be.

I know this post is a few months old, but another suggestion on PC could be Bibletime. (https://bibletime.info/) I use it on Linux but there is a Windows version. It can be a little tricky at first, as the app itself is a container for various modules (like Logos) but its all free.

The Bibletime program links to the Sword Project (http://crosswire.org/sword/index.jsp) You can download various modules under the "Bookshelf Manager" and one of the options, under 'commentaries', is "Personal". This links to the text and can be edited by you.

Let me know if you want to take a look and/or need help getting it configured.

There is also an Android app called "Bishop" that uses the same modules, (you could in theory link your notes across devices).

I use another program on Linux called "Xiphos". This also uses the same modules.

I know this post is a few months old, but another suggestion on PC could be Bibletime. (https://bibletime.info/) I use it on Linux but there is a Windows version. It can be a little tricky at first, as the app itself is a container for various modules (like Logos) but its all free.

The Bibletime program links to the Sword Project (http://crosswire.org/sword/index.jsp) You can download various modules under the "Bookshelf Manager" and one of the options, under 'commentaries', is "Personal". This links to the text and can be edited by you.

Let me know if you want to take a look and/or need help getting it configured.

There is also an Android app called "Bishop" that uses the same modules, (you could in theory link your notes across devices).

I use another program on Linux called "Xiphos". This also uses the same modules.
Thanks R8, I'll take a look at Bibletime. Any tips at setting it up (on Windows) would be appreciated.
No Android here, just IOS.

Thanks R8, I'll take a look at Bibletime. Any tips at setting it up (on Windows) would be appreciated.
No Android here, just IOS.
It should be fairly easy to install. Once you have it running, look for "Bookshelf Manager" under the settings menu. It is fairly self evident from their, but let me know if you have issues. I have a Windows PC (even though I mostly use Linux) and can talk you through issues, if needed.

I put in YouBible, I put in 'The Bible App' and 'Bible App', the only thing that comes up is the YouBible and that doesn't seem to have the feature I am inquiring of.
Here is a picture of what I am trying to describe. On the page, you'll see two columns of Bible text, and right between those columns, you'll see the Bible references. The one at the top is from Psalm 2:9 referring to Ps.89:23. I was wondering if there is an app that allows you to add or edit those cross references.
Thanks

View attachment 6174
ESword is very good for cross-references, but you can't make notes in it. For that I use evernote. both are free.

Here is the King James Bible with the normal margin references alongside the text

The Temptation of Jesus
Mk. 1.12, 13 · Lk. 4.1-13
1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. Heb. 2.18 ; 4.15
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward ahungered.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written,

Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Deut. 8.3
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 and saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written,

He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: Ps. 91.11
and in their hands they shall bear thee up,
lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Ps. 91.12
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Deut. 6.16
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 and saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,

Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God,
and him only shalt thou serve. Deut. 6.13
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

I know. That would be so good, but there we are. I downloaded YouBible earlier and cannot get the hang of it at all. :(

Hello Cooper;

Is it YouBible or YouVersion? I have never heard of either but on my cell I have Bible Gateway whenever I need to reference Scripture.

I do understand many are using Bible apps and notice this during a church service or Bible study. It's all good.

For me, I'm still living before the Millennium using all hardcover Bibles. I just put shipping tape on the cover of my ESV after getting torn.

God bless you, brother.

Hello Cooper;

Is it YouBible or YouVersion? I have never heard of either but on my cell I have Bible Gateway whenever I need to reference Scripture.

I do understand many are using Bible apps and notice this during a church service or Bible study. It's all good.

For me, I'm still living before the Millennium using all hardcover Bibles. I just put shipping tape on the cover of my ESV after getting torn.

God bless you, brother.
I got that wrong when I said 'YouBible' I should have said BibleTime. Are you familiar with it at all?

When it comes to hard copy I like my Thompson Chain Reference Bible, but I do find e-Sword so convenient.
I will bid you good night for now, and thank you for the good wishes, God bless.

Back