A Bunch Of Questions

In my humble opinion Romans 9 answers this.
I'm having a really hard time reading that. I understand what y'all are saying, but I do not understand that at all. Is that from a NIV version? I hope not, because that was the type of bible I was planning on buying. My mom has an old Danish bible, but I think that's hard to read too.

But if he loved them, wouldn't he save them before they did that so that no one went to hell?

Your reply is more true then most know, but for me to explain it to you would be difficult until you are given a new heart, which what happens when you ask Jesus into your heart. God does not want anyone to go to Hell, he himself the creator of all things came and died for his creation so that this would not happen. He will not force anyone to accept it as he leaves that decision to us.
But, he does give us a clue what to do. Behold I have set before you life, and death, blessing and cursing, there fore you choose life that you and your seed may live. Every one has a choice to make. This is your time.

Any man can "love" as many men as he wants to, we are supposed to love our neighbor. Just don't try to have sex with him.

Yes, contraception is a sin. If you don't want children you should be celibate. There is a "rhyme and reason" to God's laws, they promote a healthy family life which promotes a good community which promotes a good society. Destroy the family and society goes to rot shortly after (as you are witnessing now in the entire Western world).

The Roman Catholic view is that the Bible is inerrant as far as salvation is concerned, but not as far as history or science are concerned.
Is contraception a sin equally to two men or women having sex? I guess it is since it's the same outcome.

What if you have already had 7 children, should you then be celibate? And what if you're infertile?

I'm having a really hard time reading that. I understand what y'all are saying, but I do not understand that at all. Is that from a NIV version? I hope not, because that was the type of bible I was planning on buying. My mom has an old Danish bible, but I think that's hard to read too.
I think all versions have roman 9 but if you want niv version here you go:

19 why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory—

Why stop at 7 children, the record is 23. If you are infertile you are "out of luck" or "lucky" depending on your point of view.
If you didn't want children - hooray have fun. If you did - adopt.

God did not make any promises as to your quality of life, live with the hand you are dealt.
I've had cancer. The docs took me apart and put me back together short a few items.
It has greatly affected my "quality of life". I still have a family to support and a life to live, so I do the best
I can with the situation I find myself in.

I know that in the not to distant future I will be free of this body and everything will be just peachy.

But if he loved them, wouldn't he save them before they did that so that no one went to hell?
He has saved us, He saved us when He sent His Son to die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. I struggled with this question once also. Sin separates us from God. Jesus paid our debt on the cross. If we believe He is the Son of God, and that He died for our sins, and we confess and repent of

In car sorry if it don't make sense

Still texting while driving?

Texting+While+Driving.jpg

He has saved us, He saved us when He sent His Son to die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. I struggled with this question once also. Sin separates us from God. Jesus paid our debt on the cross. If we believe He is the Son of God, and that He died for our sins, and we confess and repent of
our sins we are saved. Not sure why I got cut off.

I don't know if I should post my questions separately, but I'm wondering what I should do if my family, friends and boyfriend don't believe in God AT ALL. Does God still love people even if they don't believe in him and say things that in my opinion are disrespectful? And is it true that God doesn't like people who are homosexuals? I'm just wondering because I thought he loved everyone and I must admit that I don't agree with it at all. And I don't know if that's okay. I just think we should love everyone regardless of skin color, sex, sexual orientation, political views etc. I don't see why that should separate us and why homosexuality is a sin.

I'm also wondering about everything in regard to evolution. It says in my handbook that I got in America that human-beings did not evolve from some primitive life form. And I'm also wondering about dinosaurs, because I think the bible says that the earth is like 6000 years old, but that doesn't agree with the skeletons of dinosaurs that has been found. It's like science does not agree with religion, and I would like to find a way to MAKE it :) I don't go to church anymore either (I did in the US. I went to youth group every Monday and sometimes at Sundays too), because I don't like the churches in Denmark at all. They are SOOO different from the churches in the US, and I don't enjoy spending time there at all. Does that make me a bad Christian??

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place and that you won't consider my questions disrespectful, because that it not my intention at all. I'm just confused and curious. I hope it's okay.
God loves everyone, He died for everyone...

Romans 5:8 (KJV)
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

See... while were yet sinners... He doesn't love us AFTER becoming followers, but before. But when we accept His gift, He changes those that accepted His gift for real.

Every question you have has an answer, but first, you need to get a bible so you can do your own research for anything anyone tells you on this site. You can go to http://www.theword.net and get a free bible AND it's in Danish and English and almost any other language you may know. Check it out... it's free!

Love covers a multitude of sins so just allow the Holy Spirit to help you love people. No one but Jesus is perfect. Think of it this way: if you have a nice white dress would you play in the mud and get it all dirty? That's what happens to you when you hang out with people who don't love God back. They're muddy and when you hang around with them, you get all dirty. Jesus' blood washes it off, but why keep getting it dirty over and over. The world will never accept Jesus and so they try to prove things that just are not true using assumption to confuse the issue. Just be at peace and allow the Holy Spirit to teach you through prayer and reading the word of God - your bible.

Welcome again to the forum :D

John 10:27-28 (NLT)
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,

2 Peter 3:9 (NLT)
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

Does the quote ""For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" mean that people who does not believe in God is going to.. I guess, hell or somewhere else unpleasant?

It means that not accepting Jesus, His Son, you will be forever separated from Him. There are many schools for thought & belief on how this is accomplished.

I've heard many different theologies on this. Most of them are Biblical in nature, but are not 100% hard set inarguable.

examples are below:
Hell - eternal torment, created for the fallen angels, but man goes too.
Sheol - kind of like purgatory, but not quite
Sleep - you just sleep until the end of eternity
or you simply cease to exist

It really doesn't matter in the end...what matters is that you accept the Creator, the gift of His Son, and try to live the life He Created you to live.

But why would God want anyone to go to hell? If he loves everyone. I wouldn't want someone I loved to go to hell

But you see, He doesn't want anyone to go to hell...

This is man...

Romans 1:18-23
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

This is God...
John 3:16-21
16 For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved 21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Think of God as a good father. He loves his children....takes care of His children, provides for His children, instructs His children. Then after a certain age, they start to do things that are not lawful according to the rules He set up to protect them. As a good father, He not only set rules, but also consequences for when those rules are broken...not just to punish, but to help them learn.

Does this make Him a tyrant? I know people who say it does. I feel sorry for those people.

As a mom, I fully understand the concept of disciplining my children, because I love them. It is a sacrifice of my heart to tell my child no, because they have broken the rules...I always want to spoil them with good things...but I can't...it would be irresponsible of me to do so, and it would destroy my kids.​

Yes, contraception is a sin. If you don't want children you should be celibate. There is a "rhyme and reason" to God's laws, they promote a healthy family life which promotes a good community which promotes a good society. Destroy the family and society goes to rot shortly after (as you are witnessing now in the entire Western world).

Not sure where the bible tells us to not use contraception...unless you're not fully understanding this passage...
Genesis 38:7 And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him. 8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. 9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. 10 And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also.

Please, if I'm wrong show me.

Back