A Case For Slavery

To both Euphemia and PeaceLikeaRiver:

Both of you have wandered into semantics rather than the subject. Euphemia is right that God's way is always the right way, regardless of where we stand. PeaceLikeaRiver is right in that sometimes God's way can be misinterpreted. For instance, many people think abortion IS God's way, perhaps because they believe it can curb hunger and poverty, so God's way needs to be further explained...

Shall we get back to the subject? I suspect both of you agree more than you disagree oddly enough.

Both of you have wandered into semantics rather than the subject. Euphemia is right that God's way is always the right way, regardless of where we stand. PeaceLikeaRiver is right in that sometimes God's way can be misinterpreted. For instance, many people think abortion IS God's way, perhaps because they believe it can curb hunger and poverty, so God's way needs to be further explained...

Shall we get back to the subject? I suspect both of you agree more than you disagree oddly enough.

I agree with you that God's ways are often misinterpreted because of human rationalization. If Christians are into the word, they will have a good understanding of God's ways about these moral issues without further discovery.

I am staying out of an ungodly topic. I don't think the intent of the OP was really to discuss abortion...do you?

Respectfully, I never said that God's way was not always the right way. We agree about that, I would never say God was wrong. Where I take issue is with ANYONE, not just Euphemia, saying that they somehow understand God or have more correctly tuned in God or are channeling God better and therefore are always correct and have a superior knowledge of scripture. There is no way that misinterpretation cannot be a factor when you have two likeminded people disagreeing.

It is this very thinking that causes unspeakable horrors and war.

And as for returning to the subject, I am fine with that too, although I think it is obviously metaphoric in nature.

I agree with you that God's ways are often misinterpreted because of human rationalization. If Christians are into the word, they will have a good understanding of God's ways about these moral issues without further discovery.

I am staying out of an ungodly topic. I don't think the intent of the OP was really to discuss abortion...do you?

I do. I think he displayed the current rationale in a way people tend to want to avoid.

That's not the truth. I maintain that God's side is the only worthy side of any moral issue. You understand that, I am sure.
Of course it is, but - and this is the subject that keeps getting danced around - what happens when you claim that worthy side of God's and so does someone else? Then you have an argument where both sides make the same claim you do, that you've done the thing most pleasing to God.

How do you reconcile these two statements?

There is no reconciling! About the topic, there is only one side that is of any merit, and that is God's side and that is the side where His people will stand. Other views about it are not in accord with God's word, and God's will.

I was responding to the comment below, so context plays a role, here.

you cannot simply corral God over on to the side you have chosen.

There is no reconciling! About the topic, there is only one side that is of any merit, and that is God's side and that is the side where His people will stand. Other views about it are not in accord with God's word, and God's will.
I rest my case. Now I need to go rest my head, it's been beating itself against a wall far too long.

I was responding to the comment below, so context plays a role, here.

And your view is definitely closer, or the same as God's? That's what the issue is. You always assume that your interpretation is correct and everyone else is wrong.

jLZz4Na.gif

Back