A Chance

A Chance

God is not telling you to love him. He is not telling you to worship him.
All he is saying is: "Give me a chance". Because if you give him a chance, you can't help but love him. You can't help but trust him. You can't help worshiping him every day of your life.
JUST GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

HAVE YOU TOLD HIM THAT YOU LOVE HIM TODAY?
DO IT NOW! AND DO IT OFTEN!

All he is saying is: "Give me a chance". Because if you give him a chance, you can't help but love him. You can't help but trust him. You can't help worshiping him every day of your life.
JUST GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

Jimmy,

How do you personally give God a chance?

JoWilli.

JUST GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

While I understand what you're saying, its not entirely true. What happened to Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

God is telling us to love him. That is a commandment. And Jesus said its the most important commandment. (Mark 12:30)
But I do agree, that if we give him a chance we'll love & trust Him. Like a song I know says, Sweeter gets the journey every day.
! The more we know Him, the more we love Him, the more we want to worship Him, the deeper our love grows. Its an ever increasing spiral. To God be the glory!

While I understand what you're saying, its not entirely true. What happened to Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

God is telling us to love him. That is a commandment. And Jesus said its the most important commandment. (Mark 12:30)
But I do agree, that if we give him a chance we'll love & trust Him. Like a song I know says, Sweeter gets the journey every day.
! The more we know Him, the more we love Him, the more we want to worship Him, the deeper our love grows. Its an ever increasing spiral. To God be the glory!

Liberty,

How do you give God a chance ?

JoWilli.

Hi, JoWilli.
For me, I gave Him a chance when I had totally messed up my life doing it all my own way. I was raised in a "religious" family, and we were in church every time the doors were open. But it was mostly out of obligation and "show" (making sure people knew we were there & involved). I had a deep reverence for God, but when I look back on it, I looked on Him as a great creator, but actually, as a figure in history.
So, when I hit bottom, I had a chat with God, and realized that He wanted to be a part of my every day life. I repented for all my sin, and thanked Him for loving me enough to send Jesus to die for me. As I read His word, and worship Him, I learn more about Him. It makes me love Him more. That makes me want to worship Him more. It becomes a constant state of life.
I guess that would be what you call giving God a chance.
How about you?

Hi, JoWilli.
For me, I gave Him a chance when I had totally messed up my life doing it all my own way. I was raised in a "religious" family, and we were in church every time the doors were open. But it was mostly out of obligation and "show" (making sure people knew we were there & involved). I had a deep reverence for God, but when I look back on it, I looked on Him as a great creator, but actually, as a figure in history.
So, when I hit bottom, I had a chat with God, and realized that He wanted to be a part of my every day life. I repented for all my sin, and thanked Him for loving me enough to send Jesus to die for me. As I read His word, and worship Him, I learn more about Him. It makes me love Him more. That makes me want to worship Him more. It becomes a constant state of life.
I guess that would be what you call giving God a chance.
How about you?

Liberty,

I understand what you are saying.

Can you share with us where in Scripture it states God wants us to "Give Him a Chance?"

Are you able to share with us where in Scripture God clearly wants to "Be a part of our life?"

Do you kind of feel like God is a resource for us?

JoWilli.

I believe that those are the words of man and not of God. Here is why. Mandated love is not true love. It is conditional love based on fear. That is not the kind of love that God wants. He wants your unconditionsl true love that comes from your heart, not your mind.

Liberty,

I understand what you are saying.

Can you share with us where in Scripture it states God wants us to "Give Him a Chance?"
Psalm 34:8 (New International Version).

8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Are you able to share with us where in Scripture God clearly wants to "Be a part of our life?.

"Matthew 11:29-30 (New International Version)

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Do you kind of feel like God is a resource for us?.
He is for me.

JoWilli.[/QUOTE]

Psalm 34:8 (New International Version).

8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

"Matthew 11:29-30 (New International Version)

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

He is for me.

JoWilli.
[/QUOTE]

Psalm 34:8 says nothing about "Giving God a chance."

Matthew 11:29-30 says nothing of "God being a part of your life." "Yoke" here refers to bondage, submission, control by the yoke, and work by the one yoked. There is nothing said of integration of God "into your life."

What resources does God provide for you which you then appropriate unto yourself?

JoWilli.

Liberty, you quoted the Words of a song I am trying to find all the words of. Sweeter Gets the Journey Every day. It used to be sung by a former Pentecostal pastor and current member of a gospel quarter, who was hit in a motorcycle accident back in June. We are having a benefit concert for him to help raise money for his medical bills, and i want to sing that song. If you have all the words, EDIT Personal email address removed by mod. Please reply in the forum

I haven't seen Liberty in a while, but I found this much for you...

Sweeter gets the journey everyday.
Serving Jesus really pays.
I get happy in a heavenly way.
Sweeter gets the journey everyday

Sweeter gets the Journey every day
Serving Jesus Really pays
I get happy in that Heavenly way
Sweeter gets the Journey every day

(Up to) Up to that Heavenly Shore
(We'll live) We'll live forever more
Never have a trouble, Never have a care
Everything will just be happiness there