A concordance study of melchizedek

I am still so confused on who melchisedek is?!? I know that noone really knows and everyone has who they think it is, but, i don't have a clue. Thanks for this, it is such a thourogh job!

Could this be God in the flesh perhaps?

We could safely say that it is not God the Father in the flesh. For change is not a characteristic of the Father:

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning
James 1:17

The greek word used for variableness was: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Parallage[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Meaning:[/FONT][/FONT]

variation, change

So Biblically speaking, the Father of lights cannot change. It was the son, Jesus Christ that was able to change into the flesh.

The relation between Melchizedek and Christ as TYPE and ANTITYPE is made in the epistle to the Hebrews to consist in the following: each was a priest

1. Who is not of the Levitical tribe

2. Who is superior to Abraham

3. Whose beginning and end are unknown

4. Who is not only a priest,but also a king of righteousness and peace.

Without father (Heb. 7:3) refers to priestly genealogies.

Melchizedek is not found on the register of the only line of legitimate priests; his father's name is not recorded, nor his mother's; no evidence points out his line of descent from Aaron.

It is not affirmed that he had no father or that he was not born at any time or died on any day; but these facts were nowhere found on the register of the Levitical priesthood.

Back