a contradiction? or is this simply reality?

a contradiction? or is this simply reality?

Ok, I think most of us would say it is biblical to say what goes around, comes around. It means, there is a connection between what we do and what we get. In the bible we find God who says do good, this will be strength for your bones.

But there are other verses in the bible that contradict this. In Ecclesiastes we read, everyone has the same fate, the ungodly person gets sick, and the godly person too.

Jesus says God sends rain and sunshine to both the righteous and the unrighteous.

How do you resolve this situation? Is it perhaps vain to hope for an easy life as a result of having faith? Why should God make everything easy for you? Really, why?

no i don,t agree with that saying.not in this life anyway.some people are cool,but have lots of bad things happen in this life.

um..

The Bible does not contradict.

God causes the sun to rise. Meaning a start of a new day to be alive.

Rain was favorable to those back then as they waited for days for rain to water cattle and crops.

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Ecclesiastes says nothing about everyone having the same fate. It talks about the how vain riches and mortal life are without God.

Re-read it again until the end of the scriptures. The chapter is a little deep, but even if God blesses you and prospers you, there is nothing you can take with you. All that is done here for material gain is vanity, but those things that furthered the Kingdom of God and the Head of the Church, Jesus are eternal.

That was large point of Ecclesiastes.

Ecc 5:15
As he came forth of his mother's womb, naked shall he return to go as he came, and shall take nothing of his labor, which he may carry way in his hand.

Without faith it is impossible to please God.
This life is not promised to be easy, but you can have a victory over everything that comes your way.

Jesus Is Lord.

Ok, I think most of us would say it is biblical to say what goes around, comes around. It means, there is a connection between what we do and what we get. In the bible we find God who says do good, this will be strength for your bones.
"What goes around comes around"- the Bible puts it another way but with basically the same meaning- we reap what we sow. If we palnt corn we grow corn, if we plant we we receive a crop of whenat , if we plant love, well you get the picture.
But there are other verses in the bible that contradict this. In Ecclesiastes we read, everyone has the same fate, the ungodly person gets sick, and the godly person too.

Jesus says God sends rain and sunshine to both the righteous and the unrighteous.

How do you resolve this situation? Is it perhaps vain to hope for an easy life as a result of having faith? Why should God make everything easy for you? Really, why?
Jesus promised no one an easy life. He promised persecution and storms would come but He also promised that is we built our lives on His Word we would come through those storms and still be standing. Violence, war, plague, famine- all these are prophesied and yet we do not fear like the natural man would. Instead when we see all these things we look up and our hearts soar in anticipation of our Lord's soon return. There is no bible verse that says we won't ever get sick or suffer but there are promises that He will be with us and ultimately deliver us. Healing here or a promotion to His side, either is very good.

There is no reason to expect life to be easy because it isn't. The more we follow the Lord, the more our adversary, the devil, will work to discourage us and make us ineffective for Him.

If we are born again and fail to live for the Lord, then He will chastise us until our lives are where He wants them. Either way, the best way to do anything is God's way.-

well.

There is no reason to expect life to be easy because it isn't. The more we follow the Lord, the more our adversary, the devil, will work to discourage us and make us ineffective for Him.

Pro 4:18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
Pro 4:19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Being on God's plan for your life and staying on the path is the Blessed life.
Not giving the devil place will insure that he can not touch you.

The Devil is trying to kill us regardless of our obedience to God. If he had the power, we all would be dead now.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

There is nothing on this earth that can touch you if you stay strong in the Lord and power of his might. The problem is that Christians fall apart when they see the Weapon.

God never said the Weapon would not show up in plain view on your door step. He just said it would not prosper.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk 6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like:
Luk 6:48 He is like a man which built a house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luk 6:49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built a house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Notice that a flood came for both people, Jesus never said the flood would not come, but he said When the flood arose.

Notice it effected both houses?

The stream even beat Vehemently (hard, and continuous) on the house with the man the believed the Word and was a doer of the Word?

He may have had to do without power for a time, He may have had to stay locked inside and could not go shopping for awhile, He was inconvenienced for a time and witnessed all the destruction. However, his house did not even get shaken!!!!

After everything cleared up, that man was able to go shopping again and get power restored.

The other man that did not stay founded on the Word of God, could not go shopping as he had no place to put the grocery's.

Jesus Is Lord.

I am not sure what you mean exactly by "I think most of us would say it is biblical to say what goes around, comes around"? I need a little clarification, that's all. :D

Well, I think you kind of answered your question, dear...:Dwhen you said "everyone has the same fate". :)

I do not think it is vain to wish for an easy life. Wouldn't you want to be happy? I certainly would!

If God were to make everything easy for us however, we would never grow in our faith. We'd basically turn into soup bones! Trials and tribulations are what makes us stronger in the LORD and weaker in ourselves. When we start to depend on the LORD for help, and stop trying to fix everything ourselves, we grow in maturity.

NTG*

Not to pick....

f God were to make everything easy for us however, we would never grow in our faith. We'd basically turn into soup bones! Trials and tribulations are what makes us stronger in the LORD and weaker in ourselves.

Scripture?

If trials and tribulation caused faith to grow, then every person on the planet would be faith giants........

Trials and tribulation (Bad times) can produce something if you handle them correctly, but it's not faith. re-study.....

When we start to depend on the LORD for help, and stop trying to fix everything ourselves, we grow in maturity.

Amen cast all your care upon him, for he cares for YOU!!!

Not to pick, but recheck what causes faith...........

Jesus Is Lord.

Well maybe it was bad wording on my part. :)

Scripture?

If trials and tribulation caused faith to grow, then every person on the planet would be faith giants........

Trials and tribulation (Bad times) can produce something if you handle them correctly, but it's not faith. re-study.....

Jesus Is Lord.

Scripture?

Not so- when presented with a test one can either walk in faith or grumble and rebel much like the Hebrew children did.
1Pe 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Rejoice if needs be you are being tested- this is more precious than gold and brings honor to His Name
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Jas 1:2 MyG3450 brethren,G80 countG2233 it allG3956 joyG5479 whenG3752 ye fall intoG4045 diversG4164 temptations;G3986
Jas 1:3 KnowingG1097 this, thatG3754 theG3588 tryingG1383 of yourG5216 faithG4102 workethG2716 patience.G5281
Jas 1:4 ButG1161 let patienceG5281 haveG2192 her perfectG5046 work,G2041 thatG2443 ye may beG5600 perfectG5046 andG2532 entire,G3648 wantingG3007 nothing.G3367

count it all joy when you fall into various temptations- (from the Vines Expository Dictionary of the Bible )
Temptations
peirasmos (G3986), akin to A, above, is used of (1)
"trials" with a beneficial purpose and effect, (a) of "trials" or "temptations," divinely permitted or sent, Luk_
22:28; Act_20:19; Jam_1:2; 1Pe_1:6
This same specific definition fits James chapter 1:2 and 1Peter 1:6

Jesus Is Lord.
:)

you guys...

You guys are being silly.............

Worketh patience!!!! Worketh Patience!!!!

f trials and tribulation caused faith to grow, then every person on the planet would be faith giants........
Not so- when presented with a test one can either walk in faith or grumble and rebel much like the Hebrew children did.

Trials do not increase faith, cause faith, and Faith has to be there in the first place to even be in a trail.

I also said they do have to be handled correctly.

I posted on this post in another thread though............

Recheck Peter..............

What time period is Peter talking about.............. Who is he talking to?

Was a season mentioned anywhere else that may give more clues to this time period?

What is the result of Going though this? Hint Jesus shows up.

anyway, not in shape to write a small book...........

You all are blessed in the name of the Lord Jesus. Victory and blessings to everyone!!!

Jesus Is Lord.

Brother Mike:

When I posted my faith comment I wished not to have it cause any problems, I only sought to help the thread opener, willing_servant, with his questions and felt [that] comment in particular was most appropriate for the topic...

I just do not wish to see us get hung up on one simple little comment. :)

Sincerely,

NTG

oh...

No, no Mighty Child of God.

It is not a problem at all and Boanerges and I have discussed this in another thread.

When dealing with other Christians you must please realize something.

Everyone one of us have certain "STRONG" Beliefs in certain topics in the Bible.

Sometimes we unknowingly hit a subject that we don't have a Strong stance on or have studied day and night but someone else has a strong stance on that certain bible subject and think that they are somewhat of an expert.

So you push their button so to speak.

This could be anything the Bible deals with, and has nothing to do with someone being right or wrong as we all see through a glass darkly and everyone needs to learn more no matter how great an expert on a subject you think you are.

So, don't fret.......................................

I have studied God's Love and his ability to always want to perform his word in your life. I have been looking at it for years.

That is no indication that I have even scratched the surface and though I try not to have tunnel vision, I know that I do and don't even realize it at times.

When someone says that faith comes from trials and tribulations and says that "GOD" is the one causing the pain in your life or even "HINTS" that may be the case, then you push my button...................

"God made me sick to teach me something."
"God caused my car crash so I'll get closer to him."
"God took my loved one to heaven because he loved them more than we can imagine and saw evil coming in their life."
"Pain and suffering increase our faith."

This things will usually make me want to post a bunch of scripture to prove otherwise.

For someone else it may be the end time subject, or the redemption of the cross or Water Baptism. It could be anything.

So don't concern yourself, as we all need to learn more and can't be many teachers and experts on every topic the bible covers.

Jesus Is Lord.

Psa 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
Psa 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Not one thing happens unless a sovereign God allows it and He works all for our God. Does he try (test) our faith?

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Jdg 7:4 And the LORD said unto Gideon, The people are yet too many; bring them down unto the water, and I will try them for thee there: and it shall be, that of whom I say unto thee, This shall go with thee, the same shall go with thee; and of whomsoever I say unto thee, This shall not go with thee, the same shall not go.

2Ch 32:31 Howbeit in the business of the ambassadors of the princes of Babylon, who sent unto him to enquire of the wonder that was done in the land, God left him, to try him, that he might know all that was in his heart.

Job 7:17 What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?
Job 7:18 And that thou shouldest visit him every morning, and try him every moment?

Jer 6:25 Go not forth into the field, nor walk by the way; for the sword of the enemy and fear is on every side.
Jer 6:26 O daughter of my people, gird thee with sackcloth, and wallow thyself in ashes: make thee mourning, as for an only son, most bitter lamentation: for the spoiler shall suddenly come upon us.
Jer 6:27 I have set thee for a tower and a fortress among my people, that thou mayest know and try their way.

Jer 9:7 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will melt them, and try them; for how shall I do for the daughter of my people?

Zec 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

This next verse is one of my favorites:

Dan 11:35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

Psa 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

I know many people who bring countless problems onto themselves by how they live. Some people just chronically make bad choices, or choose to be contentious. Alot of "what goes around comes around" is their own fault. I knew people who cheated others every chance they got. Hence, they went through life looking over their shoulder.

'Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword'

Could this be a part of what Willing Servant was referring to in the initial post?

God tries them..........

Trishcuit Great post!!! most of everything that believers go through are fault of their own.

boanerges:

Psa 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

how does he try them?

Not one thing happens unless a sovereign God allows it and He works all for our God. Does he try (test) our faith?

Billions with a B are going to Hell, That is not his will. God is not the one in control of the Earth. Satan is the god of this World and we have authority over him. God gave the earth to man, though it is through a lease.

The Sovereign of God doctrine takes the responsibility out of the Believers hands and what ever happens, must be the will of God.

NO....................... We have a choice to believe his Word or not to believe his Word. He told us what he would do if we do What we are suppose to do.

ughh. I could post many scriptures, but am tired...........

God Bless everyone!!!!!

Jesus Is Lord.

There is God's perfect will - "not willing that nay should perish" And His permissive will for many will choose to reject Christ.

To say that one cannot suffer by the will of God would remove the marytrs crown from many who gladly laid down their lives.

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

1Pe 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
2Co 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
2Co 4:8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
2Co 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
2Co 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

BTW- to say that God is not on control is a error. God's sovereignty is unquestioned. Satan is only under an illusion of power as He is already defeated at the cross. Any influence the dark one has is over the lost:
Act 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The book of Job plainly demonstrates that he needs God's permission to attack one of the Lord's own.
God's will is ultimately going to be done:
Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

2Co 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

And:
1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

God clearly turns satan at His will and uses him against his own kingdom, he is clearly a dog on a leash. Satan's fate was sealed in the Garden when the Father first spoke the sacrifice of Christ into being. In Revelations he is put back on his dog leash for a thousand years and then let loose to test many hearts.

hmmm.. It is a really good question!
My opinion, which isn't much, is that ANYTHING we do will have a consequence to it, but other things in life simply happen to everyone.. because we are good and serve the LORD does not mean we will not get sick, but our faith may be what determines how we get well.We must have trials in our life to test our faith and to give us strength and knowledge to serve the LORD to our best of abilities, abd the only best we have is what the LORD gives to us, leading back to what knowledge and strength he allows us to have..
But, for sure, EVERYTHING that happens we have the LORD to guide and Love us through!

Back