A Discussion on Christian Message Boards

A Discussion on Christian Message Boards

Just a minor discussion on Forums/MBs run by Christian geared towards the Christian faith.

Do you like to make your forums viewable to members only or guests also?
I know I don't like it when I go to websites and click on Forums, and the "login" page comes up. I think it really hinders prospective members from joining because they can't see if they really like the forums or not. I do put certain pages like certain discussion areas on "Members Only", but most of the forum is up for others to view. :)

How do you administrate/monitor your board? Lightly, moderate, or heavily?
I'm pretty strict with rules, and if I find a rule(s) that could be helpful to the forums, I usually put them up. I know how hard it is to control people on the Internet - for some reason, they just get really wild! Well, sometimes in good ways or bad ways. :D

Any other discussions you would like to add? Please add them! They could be really helpful to others. ^^

As for myself, I spent probably a week, just reading what everyone was saying before I decided to risk signing up and saying anything. I recognized Truth in what was being said and I wanted it. I wanted Truth. That's when Boanerges led me to surrender my life to Jesus. I would never have joined if I could not see what was going on. If it is anything, this forum is a witness for Jesus, even if seekers do not join. It is a seed planted and they will be back.

I love the strong rules and how they are kept. It makes it so much more enjoyable and allows the Holy Spirit to do the rest. Bonnie

I would echo what Sweetsurrender said. Its good to be able to read the posts and be sure this is the place you want to be. I've been to a few others, and it wasnt until after I'd been there awhile, that I realized it just wasnt for me. This place is great! I feel a safety here that there wasnt anywhere else. (except for one, and its closed now) For some reason, I keep missing all the bruhaha that comes up once in a while, but that's ok! I dont mind that a bit! I like the way the moderators stay on top of everything, pretty close. Even christian brothers and sisters can get off track and get into arguements. So its good that there are people here to help us stay in love.

I would echo what Sweetsurrender said. Its good to be able to read the posts and be sure this is the place you want to be. I've been to a few others, and it wasnt until after I'd been there awhile, that I realized it just wasnt for me. This place is great! I feel a safety here that there wasnt anywhere else. (except for one, and its closed now) For some reason, I keep missing all the bruhaha that comes up once in a while, but that's ok! I dont mind that a bit! I like the way the moderators stay on top of everything, pretty close. Even christian brothers and sisters can get off track and get into arguements. So its good that there are people here to help us stay in love.

Lol, the bruhahaha moments are what makes things interesting! Just kidding, lol.

Yeah, the only thing I don't feel like doing is trying to calm 5 people down in a chicken fight on my forums. But, its to be expected.

I'm gonna add my agreement to the fact that I like to be able to view posts before I actually become a member of a forum. It's helpful to be able to get a taste for what topics are discussed to see if it's something you'd be interested in talking about as well.

I'm gonna add my agreement to the fact that I like to be able to view posts before I actually become a member of a forum. It's helpful to be able to get a taste for what topics are discussed to see if it's something you'd be interested in talking about as well.

Yeah, it's best to get a pre-analysis idea of the forums.

Some forums are great, like this one. A little on the small side and not so "quick-to-post" but overall it's not as rowdy-howdy as many Christian forums on the net.

The quite large Christian forums seem to have lazy admins and mods who just ban people just to not do any work, or they don't do anything at all. The members? You don't want to know that story. >_>;

Back