A Genuine Christian?

Do YOU have an accessory added to YOUR life? What is it, what are they? No need to confess here, but it's good to do self-examinations, and to seek the Lord for His examination of us...after all, it's HIS examinations that most of us avoid with the greatest resistance, because HIS examinations of us always reveals what's really wrong in all our lives.

MM

The mark of a true Christian and a godly minister is one who is does not conduct himself anywhere near the fleshly tower of pride. Pride is indeed one of the most destructive forces in the flesh-based individual. I saw a video from MacArthur just today where he was asked if he ever worries about people's reactions to what he says, and he answered with an emphatic "NO!"

Contrast that with this:

For reference, here's an interesting caveat:

I realize though that other translations are not as clear in it's meaning, Proverbs can be tricky in terms of context ...

Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is safe

I didnt know defending oneself against accusation was pride. How then, would one even begin to explain a court of law?

There are dynamics involved. It's one thing to deflect meaningless and obviously false accusations, and then there's that constellation of accusations where, even then, they jump to the defensive every time, especially when they find themselves confronted with uncomfortable, or accusatory questions and statements that should be given more thought. Rather than to answer, the individual leaps to the defensive option.

I won't go into a bunch of scenarios, but I will cite one example that actually happened: A minister of a large congregation in a certain city in America was found to be involved in a wife-swapping ring. When he was confronted by one individual in the privacy of his own office, he threw the guy out, threatening to call the police. Later, when confronted by that same man and a deacon and elder, he threw them out, demanding that it was all false. His anger and overall mannerism told them all they needed to know.

You see, how he handled the accusation is what was to very telling. Some would say that if he were truly innocent, then he had every reason to be angry. Rather than to be calm and confront the accusation with level-headed questions for specifics, his guilt was evident in his demeanor and anger. Guilt always has ways of betraying itself. I'm sure Bob would have some insights into this through his years of experience with people and accusations he has seen leveled against others, or perhaps even himself.

Others might say that, given the magnitude of the accusation, the angry response is justified. For myself, if confronted by someone with that accusation, I would be mystified, knowing good and well it's false, but to leap to the defensive, with anger as the fuel for the fire, that would be self-defeating. Sometimes the accuser has an agenda, especially if the accusation is false. Drilling down to the root can be very difficult, but defensiveness isn't always the response that's reasonable nor indicative of innocence. Defensiveness is a wall designed to try and bloc other's view into the truth of a matter, or to cover other avenues of guilt that may exist.

MM

i couldnt hear what he was a asking for. i could understand it if he was asking if he could blow up the building, but i think the pastor lost it a bit there, unless of course the guy in the t-shirt had interuppted his service more than once.

In that video, I know that guy. Anderson is his name, and his temper got him in big trouble with border patrol who broke out the glass in his car, tazed and charged him. He has an anger issue. His horrible hermeneutics, coupled with his demeanor when teaching falsehoods, are also most striking. He teaches very aggressively in order to try and drill his falsehoods into his congregant's belief systems.

We simply don't know if that guy had tried to confront Anderson in private or not, but if that guy had a legitimate complaint, then there should have been others with him to stand behind the questions and/or accusations.

MM

i couldnt hear what he was a asking for. i could understand it if he was asking if he could blow up the building, but i think the pastor lost it a bit there, unless of course the guy in the t-shirt had interuppted his service more than once.
He was asking for prayer. I think he had a mental or developmental problem. The reaction was way over the top.

He was asking for prayer. I think he had a mental or developmental problem. The reaction was way over the top.
I agree. There seems to be a lot more going on here than we saw. His reactions were way over the top. I have never had that happen in all of my career. I have had people at the end of the service approach me with questions about a topic preached, and phone calls on Monday, but never has anyone interrupted me so that I would have to yell and get angry like that man.

Now, we did have the Pastors class Bible study before worship services and I did have an open forum type of teaching method where I invited and encouraged responses and questions. But it was always respectful and positive. I can not remember when there was a combative question at all.

There are dynamics involved. It's one thing to deflect meaningless and obviously false accusations, and then there's that constellation of accusations where, even then, they jump to the defensive every time, especially when they find themselves confronted with uncomfortable, or accusatory questions and statements that should be given more thought. Rather than to answer, the individual leaps to the defensive option.

I won't go into a bunch of scenarios, but I will cite one example that actually happened: A minister of a large congregation in a certain city in America was found to be involved in a wife-swapping ring. When he was confronted by one individual in the privacy of his own office, he threw the guy out, threatening to call the police. Later, when confronted by that same man and a deacon and elder, he threw them out, demanding that it was all false. His anger and overall mannerism told them all they needed to know.

You see, how he handled the accusation is what was to very telling. Some would say that if he were truly innocent, then he had every reason to be angry. Rather than to be calm and confront the accusation with level-headed questions for specifics, his guilt was evident in his demeanor and anger. Guilt always has ways of betraying itself. I'm sure Bob would have some insights into this through his years of experience with people and accusations he has seen leveled against others, or perhaps even himself.

Others might say that, given the magnitude of the accusation, the angry response is justified. For myself, if confronted by someone with that accusation, I would be mystified, knowing good and well it's false, but to leap to the defensive, with anger as the fuel for the fire, that would be self-defeating. Sometimes the accuser has an agenda, especially if the accusation is false. Drilling down to the root can be very difficult, but defensiveness isn't always the response that's reasonable nor indicative of innocence. Defensiveness is a wall designed to try and bloc other's view into the truth of a matter, or to cover other avenues of guilt that may exist.

MM
Clearly....there was something else going on. Uselly......as you stated, an overly aggressive response means that someone is trying to overcompensate for something.

Do YOU have an accessory added to YOUR life? What is it, what are they? No need to confess here, but it's good to do self-examinations, and to seek the Lord for His examination of us...after all, it's HIS examinations that most of us avoid with the greatest resistance, because HIS examinations of us always reveals what's really wrong in all our lives.

MM
MM.........a real born again Christian, just like a REAL Church Pastor never has to tell you that they are one.

MM.........a real born again Christian, just like a REAL Church Pastor never has to tell you that they are one.

Weeeelllll, yes and no.

There are hirling pastors, and then there are pastors of biblical stature. One is a position anyone with a degree can acquire, the other comes by appointment only...from above. The problem is that all hirlings think they have an appointment from above...

MM

Weeeelllll, yes and no.

There are hirling pastors, and then there are pastors of biblical stature. One is a position anyone with a degree can acquire, the other comes by appointment only...from above. The problem is that all hirlings think they have an appointment from above...

MM
Then there are those without any degrees but think that the "Anointing" is their ticket.

Then there are those without any degrees but think that the "Anointing" is their ticket.
the anointing destroys the yoke .. is it the education that makes the preacher or the anointing / power of the Holy Spirit ? i have listened to preachers with degrees . that was dryer than a hay field with out rain more months in hot summer heat/ then i have sat under and listened to preachers with no degree one with only a grade school education other just a H.S education.. that preached the word with authority .

when i listen to men like adrian rogers David Jeremiah they bring it to level that the H.S gives them i am not against education with out the anointing you only have a degree .

the "Anointing" is their ticket. it is the ticket

Ruh, roh! That strikes at the root of whacko-ism that is utterly guilty of false prophecies during the COVID scam, and yet they still retain a large following... :confused:

Deuteronomy 28:28 The LORD will strike you with madness and blindness and confusion of heart.

This must apply to their followers....

MM

Back