A God Thought

Can you explain? I have been meditating on the way the law of Love is the principle behind OT law.
Matt 22:37-40
Examples:

You cannot love God if you have allegiance to another God.
You are not loving your neighbor if you lie about him.

When I had small children I gave them specific rules: do this, don't do that. When I thought I could make them understand why, I tried to give reasons, but because I said so was reason enough.

Now they adults. Right living is not so much a set of specific rules, but of living the principles behind those rules. The rules are still there. If you are coveting your neighbors goods (or his wife) you are still breaking the law of Love.

OT law is like the list of rules. It is designed to keep God's people safe, and in His hands. The Law of Love does not do away with the prophets, it expresses the principle God's people should learn from the specific rules.

Can you explain? I have been meditating on the way the law of Love is the principle behind OT law.
Matt 22:37-40
Examples:

You cannot love God if you have allegiance to another God.
You are not loving your neighbor if you lie about him.

When I had small children I gave them specific rules: do this, don't do that. When I thought I could make them understand why, I tried to give reasons, but because I said so was reason enough.

Now they adults. Right living is not so much a set of specific rules, but of living the principles behind those rules. The rules are still there. If you are coveting your neighbors goods (or his wife) you are still breaking the law of Love.

OT law is like the list of rules. It is designed to keep God's people safe, and in His hands. The Law of Love does not do away with the prophets, it expresses the principle God's people should learn from the specific rules.

I don't want to give you some pat answer, so I'll try to say more in the morning.
Basically Christ in us is our life, we have no life of our own. We have been "crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me." The fruit of the Spirit in Galatians is the attributes or I like to say the character of Christ or personality . That is who he is, he is those things to us such as love, Joy, peace and self-control so on so forth. He doesn't give those things that's who he is in us.
We cannot produce the fruit of the Spirit, we as believers are just fruit bearers. Also what we do is come to the understanding that it is Christ in us that is all these things and we cannot produce anything.
There is no law for this there are only love Commandments. Such as if you love me this is what you will do.

Rom 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,
Rom 8:4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

What man could not possibly do, God did for man through his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus perfectly fulfilled the law for us, and that exact same Spirit that fulfilled the law now dwells within us. We now receive the benefits of someone who perfectly kept the law, and there are many blessing for doing so. Walking according to the Spirit is now God working through his Church, still doing for man what man still can not do!!! His Spirit "causes" to walk in his ways, as long as we let him.

Eze 36:26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

Back