A God Thought

Many believe it is heaven that will bring them into the presence of God. For many years I believed I would be ushered into the presence of God when I died or being "caught up to meet the Lord."
This will be a great event in the purpose of God but it is not what brings the believer into the presence of God the Father.
It is not our effort to live a sinless life that brings us into His presence. It is not our prayers, tithing, faithfulness to the church, or goodness that brings us into His presence. It is not our spirituality that brings us into the presence of the Father.
If none of these things can bring the believer into the presence of God the Father, then what does? There is only one thing that can possibly bring a human being into the presence of the Father. It is the "birthing."

Hebrews 10 : 19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water

It was Jesus death and resurrection which opened the presence of God for us. And you are right. It the spiritual re-birth which takes us into presence of God. Praise and worship, prayers, etc brings awareness of us being in presence of God. It draws us closer. It is the rebirth which puts us there at the first place. And all made possible through the Cross!

Back