A Great Definition of Ministry

Warren Wiersby- Ministry is accomplished when human needs are met through Divine resources through loving chanels to the Glory of God. ( "On being a servant of God", pg 14, Baker Books, 1993)

Using this great definition as a springboard...

1. Human needs.

a. Romans 3:23-
For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.

b. Matthew 9: 36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted , and were scattered abroad , as sheep having no shepherd.

c. Matthew 9: 37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

2. Met by divine resources.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said , Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk .

Acts 1:8- But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

1 Corinthians 12:7- But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:

3. Through loving chanels.

Isaiah 6: 8-
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying , Whom shall I send , and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Ephesians 4:16- from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

4. To the Glory of God.

a. Matthew 5:16-
Let yourlight so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

b. Acts 3: 7And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up : and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength . 8 And he leaping upstood , and walked , and entered with them into the temple, walking , and leaping , and praising God.

Feel free to add verses to any (0r all) bullet points.

Blessings

Last edited:
Warren Wiersby- Ministry is accomplished when human needs are met through Divine resources through loving chanels to the Glory of God. ( "On being a servant of God", pg 14, Baker Books, 1993)

Using this great definition as a springboard...

1. Human needs.

a. Romans 3:23-
For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.

b. Matthew 9: 36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted , and were scattered abroad , as sheep having no shepherd.

c. Matthew 9: 37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

2. Met by divine resources.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said , Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk .

Acts 1:8- But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

1 Corinthians 12:7- But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:

3. Through loving chanels.

Isaiah 6: 8-
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying , Whom shall I send , and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Ephesians 4:16- from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

4. To the Glory of God.

a. Matthew 5:16-
Let yourlight so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

b. Acts 3: 7And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up : and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength . 8 And he leaping upstood , and walked , and entered with them into the temple, walking , and leaping , and praising God.

Feel free to add verses to any (0r all) bullet points.

Blessings

Back