A lesson in geography

geralduk

Inactive
When God says if we draw near to God ,God draws near to us,we should not think of it in the geographical sense. For GOD being omnipresent is far 'closer' than people realise.
But even as a wayward son in disagreement with his father may be living in the same house geographically they are 'near' or close. But phsycologicaly they are are miles apart.
A TRUE born child of God is spiritually one with the Lord.For they that Christ's are of the same Spirit."They who are joined to the LORD are of one Spirit "
But to be of the same mind we need to "transformed by the renewal of our minds"
That comes by the true understanding of Scripture by the Holy Spirit.and conforming to scriptures. For many bring the scriptures down to their experience subjecting the scriptures to their own reasoning and intillect. A habit a lot of modern day theologians have..
But what sayeth the scriptures? "My ways are not your ways and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts"
What are words if not expressions of thought? The Bible then which is the Word of God,needs must be of a higher plain of thought and reasoning than our own.
It is not then for man to bring the scriptures down to his own reasoning and perceptions,but rather raise his thinking and experience in conformity to scripture. For three intellect in,of and by itself .is a false light.
Look at Eve she Saw the tree was good to eat and she reasoned thus; it would make her wise.
When Adam and Eve partook of that fruit they suddenly became geographically far from God.as well as spiritually and mentally.
All true believers are one spiritually with each other and with the LORD?
But not all together mentally or phsycologically. Though the Holy Spirit is slowly changing that as the night draws in.
Geographically we are separated. But there is coming a day when believers will be not only phsycologically one with the Lord or be of the same mind.But also geographically in the same place as well.with the Lord and with each other.
The prodigal son was far from his father in every way. Though in his father's heart he never left.
when he came to his senses and thought thoughts of repentance and then converted those thoughts into acts of repentence then he first began to be phsycologically one with his father and by degree became geographically one with his father.
The elder brother on the other hand though geographically close to his father proved to be very far phsycogicaly from his father.
to draw near to God then is not geographical but phsycological. Or be thinking in such a way as to be in line with God's thinking.
Gideon was thinking the right things about God.and as he did so,God drew near to hi ,and as he was speaking to God,God broke in and began to speak to him.

In christ
Gerald

to get

(Isaiah 29:10-)
' ... For the LORD hath poured out upon you
the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes:
the prophets and your rulers,
the seers hath He covered.
And the vision of all is become unto you
as the words of a book that is sealed,
which men deliver to one that is learned, saying,
"Read this, I pray thee:"
and he saith, "I cannot; for it is sealed:"
And the book is delivered to him that is not learned,
saying, "Read this, I pray thee:"
and he saith, "I am not learned."
Wherefore the Lord said,
"Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth,
and with their lips do honour me,
but have removed their heart far from me,
and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people,
even a marvellous work and a wonder:
for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish,
and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD,
and their works are in the dark,
and they say, "Who seeth us?" and "Who knoweth us?"
Surely your turning of things upside down
shall be esteemed as the potter's clay:
for shall the work say of him that made it,
"He made me not?"
or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it,
"He had no understanding?"

Hello Gerald,

I thought this illustrated your OP.

In Christ Jesus