A love story

A love story

The Bible can be summed up in one word..."LOVE".

"How do I know this?"
Because God is love. The whole Bible is the story of God's love...For God so loved the world...

Jesus said,Matthew 22:37-40 "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38This is the first and great commandment.

39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

All the law and the prophets hang on one word, "LOVE". Take love out of the equation and you have nothing.
1Corinthians 13
2 And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

The Pharasees had great knowledge and works but they didn't have love so they missed the whole point, they had nothing. The sinners still had a spark of love and recognized the love of Jesus and flocked to him.

The word was made flesh. What was the word? The word is love, Jesus came to earth as love incarnate. It was because of his love that he healed the sick, fed the hungry, wept over them and loved us so much that he gave his life for us. No greater love has man than he lay down his life for his friend.
How do I know the word is love? Because God is love and Jesus said, I and the Father are one. One spirit...Love.

The Bible can be summed up in one word..."LOVE".
Amen

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Matthew 26:48-50
48Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: "The one I kiss is the man; arrest him." 49Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, "Greetings, Rabbi!" and kissed him.
50Jesus replied, "Friend, do what you came for."

Romans 5:6-8

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Nice , Don ... Greatest love story in the whole world . If only people could grasp that .

The word was made flesh. What was the word? The word is love, Jesus came to earth as love incarnate. It was because of his love that he healed the sick, fed the hungry, wept over them and loved us so much that he gave his life for us. No greater love has man than he lay down his life for his friend.
How do I know the word is love? Because God is love and Jesus said, I and the Father are one. One spirit...Love.

Love it , Don thanks

adonaicole

That was excellent. The love of Jesus is the greatest thing that ever happened in my life!
Bless us with your posts more often, I always enjoy them :)

Thank you for the kind words. I wish I could write like this everyday but sometimes the spirit just inspires me to say something. May God be glorified by my humble effort.

You're always a blessing no matter what you say. Don't wait until you have alot to say. Just reply to any post more. Even Hi is good LOL :D

Back