A MATTER OF THE LAW.

The Ten Commandments Law.

Mat 5:17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teachthem,the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” Yeshua is talking about the ten commandment laws of (Exo. 20:3-17). here, which He never removed, but fulfilled on our behalf. How do we know that this is so?

Mat 19:17 “And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good?there isnone good but one,that is,God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father andthymother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

1Jn 5:2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

1Co 7:19Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

The Levitical and Aramaic Priesthood laws of Rituals offerings and sacrifices, Yeshua fulfilled in becoming the final required blood sacrifice offering for sin.

Heb 10:1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3 But in those sacrificesthereis a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For itis not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.7 Then said I, Lo, I come in the volume of the book it is written of me, to do thy will, O God.8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once forall.

Mar 15:37And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. 38And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. 39And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.” The Temple veil being torn was a sign for the Jews that G-d had left the Holly of Holly's, thus ending the previous covenant of Temple sacrifices and offerings.

Rom 3:28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30Seeing itis one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” Here we find the Apostle Paul first addressing the ritualistic laws and ordinances which include circumcision, washings, food handling, burial and disease regulations and cleansing, animal use and treatment, as well as a multitude of other sabbath day and Holy days requirements. And finally ends with exhortation for keeping the ten commandment laws.

The decree of Law which pertained to Biological Israel alone.

Jer 3:8And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Isa 50:1Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors isit to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away. “ We find here that G-d has now divorced Israel and put her away, so now all the laws governing marriage and divorce come into play. Whereby Israel can now only be freed from her adulterous situation by the death of her husband.

Rom 7:1Know ye not, brethren, for I speak to them that know the law, how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?2For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. 3So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. 4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.” We find here the Apostle Paul a Rabbi taught in the law by the most respected teacher of his day, Gamaliel. One did not earn the privilege of becoming a student under the teacher Gamaliel, until they had memorized the entire first four books of the Torah. So Rabbi Paul was no slouch when it came to the law. What Paul is showing Israelite's here, is that in Yeshua death they have become freed from their previous marriage, and are now free to become married again under the new covenant, IE. to Yeshua. Paul is revealing to them the marvelous redeeming wisdom of G-d's plan in Yeshua HaMashiach

Hos 1:10Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Yeare the sons of the living God.11Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shallbe the day of Jezreel.” Here we find Hosea prophesying about the same thing Paul is teaching above. The name Jezreel (Hebrew, Yizr'el) Meaning G-d will sow a blessing, IE. The immaculate conception of Yeshua. Amen!

Shalom!

Back