“I did not leave you as orphans.
I sent you the Counselor;
The Holy Spirit to live in you.
He teaches you all things,
And He reminds you of Me.”

“My peace I give to you,
So do not fear, trust in Me.”

http://originalworks.info/do-not-fear/

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Revelation 22 (NLT): http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2022&version=NLT

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.”

“And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”

And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.”

“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

New Heaven and Earth

After God judges the earth and Christ returns for his bride, there will be a thousand year reign of Christ and his saints on the earth, during which time Satan will be bound. This time will be followed by Satan being released from his captivity, at which time he will go out to deceive the nations. He will gather them together for battle, yet God will come to the rescue, and the devil will be thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, never to rise again. Then will be the Great White Throne Judgment at which time the dead will be judged according to what they have done with Jesus, and with his gospel of salvation. People whose names are not recorded in the Lamb’s Book of Life will be also thrown into the lake of fire.

Then we will have a new heaven and a new earth. God’s home will then be among his people, like he was with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. He will wipe away every tear from our eyes. Amen! Oh, how I look forward to that day! There will be no more death, sorrow, crying or pain. Awesome!! Those things will be gone forever!! God will make everything new.

There will be no earthly temple there, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. We won’t need the sun or the moon, for the glory of God and the Lamb will light up the city. And, we who are there with them, will walk in their light. As well, there will be no day or night. And, we will all worship the Lord God and give him glory day and night. Nothing evil will ever be allowed here. Amen! Hallelujah!! I can hardly wait! Only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will be there.

The curse that came as a result of the sin of Adam and Eve will be gone, and everything apparently will be restored to what it was like in the Garden of Eden. And, we will see Jesus face to face. Can you imagine what that will be like? I think it will be wonderful! All who are victorious over Satan will inherit all these things.

An Appeal

John was writing about the future, but he was also making an appeal, by the Spirit of God, to the people in the present world. If we are hungry and thirsty after God and his righteousness, he will give us freely from the springs of living water. In other words, salvation is being offered to all people because of Jesus’ death on the cross for our sins. Yet, we have to choose to receive his gift by faith. Scripture teaches that this faith is lived out by the things that we do, and that the primary qualities of that faith appear to be repentance – forsaking our lives of sin, obedience – following Jesus Christ wherever he leads us and doing what he says to do, and love – loving others in the manner in which Jesus Christ first loved us in laying down his life for us so we could be free of slavery to sin, free of eternal damnation, and free to walk in his love, truth and righteousness.

“I Am Coming Soon”

Three times in here Jesus said he was coming soon. He is coming, not only to receive his bride to himself, but he is coming to judge the people of the earth. First, his wrath will be poured out on all who do not bear his mark on their foreheads, but who are worshipers of the beast. This will take place during the time known as the tribulation. Yet, he will also judge all peoples, and depending upon what we did with Jesus and with his gospel of salvation will depend upon whether we spend eternity in glory or eternity in eternal torment and punishment. We are blessed if we obey his words. His true servants are ones who obey his words and who worship only God (and do not bow to false gods).

We get a glimpse here of those who will spend eternity with him versus those who will not. By contrast, he also showed who were those approved by God, and who were those who were not. Those who, by continual practice, are corrupt, murderers, immoral, sorcerers, idol worshipers and liars will face eternity in the lake of burning sulfur. On the other hand, those who are righteous (because of Christ’s righteousness credited to their accounts), who live righteously, and who are holy (because God is holy), will inherit eternal life. They are the ones who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb, i.e. they have submitted to the cross of Christ in allowing their sins to be crucified with Christ, and by receiving his righteousness and purity into their lives, by the Spirit – in thought, word and deed.

Jesus will judge us by our deeds, because our works are the evidence that genuine faith exists, i.e. they prove whether we have really had our sins crucified with Jesus Christ, or whether we have not (Cf. the Book of James).

For the Churches

Jesus sent his angel to John to give this message (the entire book of Revelation) for the churches. What Jesus says is true, and we can count on it. One day all hell is literally going to break loose on this earth. In some places on the planet, they have already had a strong dose of this. In America, we have had little by comparison. Yet the reality of what John wrote about here in this book is that these things must come to pass. The persecution of God’s people, his bride, will be unbelievable to some of us who have never had to face such opposition for our faith in Jesus Christ. Many in other nations throughout the world, I believe, are being martyred today because of their testimony for Jesus Christ and for his gospel. I believe we, in America, will soon come to know this, as well. And, God’s wrath will be poured out on all who do not have the mark of the Lord on their foreheads. This time of tribulation will not be like anything this world has ever known before.

Yet, we are not to be afraid of what is coming, but we are to rest in our Lord, believing that he is in control, and that his purposes and his will for our lives will be accomplished through all that he allows for this time. As well, we must remember that God is just in all he does!

Just Are You / An Original Work / August 26, 2013

Based off Revelation 15-16

Great and marvelous
Are Your deeds, O God.
Just and true Your ways,
King of all the earth.
Who will not fear You;
Glorify Your name?
You are righteousness.
Praise Your Name!

Just are You, O Lord,
Our Eternal ONE,